Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Fine. Hire Kelly. He’ll be awesome. Everything is going to be fantastic.

Figured I’d start my coping process where I convince myself it’s all good early. 

With Kelly we will AT LEAST score a touchdown or two a game. It’s going to be awesome.

• Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

This makes me happy. Selling Jon Allen on what we're doing here was a test for the new regime, and it looks like they passed it.  I hate the idea of trading Allen, and was hoping he wouldn't ask to be dealt.  And even if he did request a trade, I would have tried to keep him anyway, like the Bears did with Jaylon Johnson.

Getting Allen and McLaurin on board with the new direction is crucial.  They're our best players, and the heart of the team.  You don't trade guys like them.  Hopefully Daron is on board too, because I'm excited to see what Quinn can do with him.  The Cowboys wanted to sign him when his FA came up and never got the chance.  I think Quinn has big plans for him.

Would you redo his contract to make him a top 3 paid DT if he demands it versus trading him to avoid a prolonged holdout?

Just now, KDawg said:

Fine. Hire Kelly. He’ll be awesome. Everything is going to be fantastic.

Figured I’d start my coping process where I convince myself it’s all good early. 

With Kelly we will AT LEAST score a touchdown or two a game. It’s going to be awesome.

I hoping I’m right and there’s sarcasm in there cause I’m not liking Chip Kelly at all, to many proven young play callers out there in the NFL.. names have been mentioned and many more we don’t even know… 

2 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I hoping I’m right and there’s sarcasm in there cause I’m not liking Chip Kelly at all, to many proven young play callers out there in the NFL.. names have been mentioned and many more we don’t even know… 

Sarcasm? No way, man. This is the internet.

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching the PFF guys talk about Kelly.  They love him.  I don't have an opinion on it yet.  But lol it feels a bit like the Quinn hire if they go that directon, loved by some nationally, not so much with some fans.  I'll trust whomever they hire, am not presuming I know better.  Quinn hired Kyle when he wasn't cool, from what I read it wasn't popular at the time with Atlanta fans

I rarely agree with PFF. Because they base everything they do on analytics. But I do agree with them here. I think rating offensive coaches with analytics works well. It is easier to analyze a system than a single player imo. Kelly is an arrogant ass by all accounts. But his system works. Pus it is very QB friendly. Which we need with a young guy coming in. And he would not be the face of our franchise. Quinn is. And Quinn is boisterous and motivating. Which would be a solid offset of Kelly imo. Not jumping up and down for the Kelly hire. But I wouldnt hate it either. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Until we hear from coach Dan, we can just speculate.

Every time see that name in reference to this team it triggers my Commanders PTSD. I say we call him DQ or Quinn. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Wouldn't Chip Kelly be taking a massive pay cut if he took an NFL OC job? Doesn't seem plausible.

Yes he would. But College football is dead for all but about 15 teams. And UCLA isnt one of those 15. NIL has completely ruined parity. Not that there was much to begin with anyways. 

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gibbs I didn’t, but he gets a pass because 3 Lombardi’s.  

Sorry but that is incorrect.  I distinctly recall watching the ‘91 campaign and the announcers saying Gibbs would hand signal a sign of a Q for Ryp to “QUICK” tempo. 

Funny the things that stick in the memory after all the years…

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yes he would. But College football is dead for all but about 15 teams. And UCLA isnt one of those 15. NIL has completely ruined parity. Not that there was much to begin with anyways. 

Different conversation, but if I were G5 schools I’d split off and have my own playoff. Top 12 G5 teams that don’t qualify for the college football playoff play for a G5 Natty. 

Or G3. Or however many G’s there are now.

Edited by KDawg

Just now, KDawg said:

Different conversation, but if I were G5 schools I’d split off and have my own playoff. Top 12 G5 teams that don’t qualify for the college football playoff play for a G5 Natty. 

Or G3. Or however many G’ams there are now.

Love that idea a lot.

33 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

5. At 60 years of age, Kelly is highly unlikely to be scooped up and promoted to head coach by another team.

This part I'm not so sure about.  Maybe not another NFL job, but I saw that he was interested in the Boston College job.  If the right college job comes along, he would leave an OC job here.  He's ambitious and clearly liked being a head coach.

11 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Wouldn't Chip Kelly be taking a massive pay cut if he took an NFL OC job? Doesn't seem plausible.

Someone else posted an article that he would even consider a college OC position. The AD at UCLA lobbied for his firing and buyout but in the end they kept him on. Their D coordinator, Anthony Lynn’s kid went to USC and took a bunch of their defensive players with him through the portal. UCLA lost the top high school ranked QB from last year as well. Plus they are going to the Big 10. It is going to be a blood bath year for the Bruins. 

Chip might understand the year he’s about to have will damage his coaching reputation. He doesn’t have the players to compete and his recruiting skills suck. So I could see him jumping early. He’s made a ton of money over the years. 

17 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Would you redo his contract to make him a top 3 paid DT if he demands it versus trading him to avoid a prolonged holdout?

No, and I would tell him a hold out wouldn't get him traded either.  But he doesn't have anywhere close to the leverage to make that kind of demand coming off last season, so the hypothetical isn't realistic.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Or G3. Or however many G’s there are now.

Seems like it's getting to G9.  Big ten and sec, and everybody else.  A solution like you mentioned to give the have nots their own path to glory would be great for the sport.

Chip might be older but if he’s hired and our offense explodes next season, he’s as good as gone the following year. He’ll possess certain rare qualities absent in the younger offensive coordinators who’d be competing with him, namely HC experience from multiple levels, the ability to assemble a staff quickly, bringing with him an offensive system not derived from existing teams or easily replicable. That’s IF he is hired and is successful. Two big ifs. But should they happen, he’ll be here for 1 year tops before jumping at another HC opportunity.

I have to say that my concerns about Quinn being hired as HC has been laid to rest. At least for now. Just about everything I am reading is making this seem like the right move for us. I think he will be able to motivate the players and get them to work in unison. If he can assemble a top notch staff, we are on the right path. Our coaching has been appalling. The fact that no one on the staff was worthy of promotion speaks volumes.

Our previous owner never wanted to spend money on the team. He allowed it to flounder and the results were obvious. It looks like Josh Harris and Co. are the complete opposite. He's putting money into the FO and I believe he will do everything he can to make sure we have a good staff in place. It will take time for the facilities to become among the best in the NFL but I do see that in our future. Will there be mistakes along the way, sure. But it won't be for lack of trying.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

If I can except Quinn being HC, I guess I can keep from being surprised he keeps EB as OC...

Any indication this won't be the case? Brining in Chip Kelly sounds too weird, where's the smoke for either of these scenarios?

27 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Sorry but that is incorrect.  I distinctly recall watching the ‘91 campaign and the announcers saying Gibbs would hand signal a sign of a Q for Ryp to “QUICK” tempo. 

Funny the things that stick in the memory after all the years…

Ok, so they did it 4 times in 10 years. 

It was not what they did normally.  

Buffalo with the K-gun did it.

Gibbs wouldn’t even run shotgun.  

Again, that’s all absolutely fine because 3 Lombardi’s, 4 SB appearances, 5 conference game appearances.  

But Gibbs I didn’t run tempo much.  But they did everything so well it didn’t really matter.  

11 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Chip might be older but if he’s hired and our offense explodes next season, he’s as good as gone the following year. He’ll possess certain rare qualities absent in the younger offensive coordinators who’d be competing with him, namely HC experience from multiple levels, the ability to assemble a staff quickly, bringing with him an offensive system not derived from existing teams or easily replicable. That’s IF he is hired and is successful. Two big ifs. But should they happen, he’ll be here for 1 year tops before jumping at another HC opportunity.

No.  He’s failed spectacularly as an NFL coach twice from the people management perspective.  He’s not getting a third shot.  

He could be a Spagnolo though: insanely good coordinator who sticks with a team for ages.  

That is, if he’s good.  He might be terrible.  I don’t know.  I’m more open to it than @KDawg.  But I think it’s going to be somebody from the SF staff and I think it’s already done.  But Harris runs a tight ship and theee isn’t a leak.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommandB11 said:

Im thinking Brian Griese, Klay Kubiak or Anthony Lynn

Maybe Tee Martin??

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If I can except Quinn being HC, I guess I can keep from being surprised he keeps EB as OC...

Any indication this won't be the case? Brining in Chip Kelly sounds too weird, where's the smoke for either of these scenarios?

I can't remember who it was, maybe it was @Skinsinparadise mentioned that the vibe inside the building is that the chances of keeping EB are very slim....I think due to issues that us on the outside don't know about.  Like I said I may be way wrong and can't remember who here posted that and apologize if I'm mentioning the wrong person 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1