Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

31 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

With all due respect, and thanks for posting this, the 1991 Redskins CRUSHED the much ballyhooed, smack-talking Bills in Super Bowl XXVI. Outclassed them in every area of football. That 91 team is one of the top teams in NFL history, totally dominant season.

Thurman Thomas couldn't find his helmet to start the game and Andre Reed body slammed his helmet onto the field during the game.  That's some bad coaching.  On the other side of the ball, well, remember folks, Tom Brady was not the first 6th round QB to be named Super Bowl MVP.

That said and to bring this back to the topic at hand - Dan Quinn - I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Bill Belichick didn't win a SB in his first head coaching stint - and only had 1 good year.  Just don't cut the punter to send a message, Dan, Tress is one of our best players.

• Like 3

Watching ESPN all 4 hosts said our coaching search was a fail. Called him Ron Rivera all over again. 

I don’t completely agree. The elephant in the room is this job sucks short term. 

The big argument was we need an offensive guy. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Season opener is going to be against Dallas.  Im feeling it... We have the Quinn and Whitt Jr. (so far).  Shinny new QB.  

I have an idea:  How about Washington plays Dallas on Thanksgiving in Dallas?

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Watching ESPN all 4 hosts said our coaching search was a fail. Called him Ron Rivera all over again. 

I don’t completely agree. The elephant in the room is this job sucks short term. 

All 4 of them hyped one of the other coaches to get the job, in front of millions of viewers, and they were all wrong, embarrassingly so. Of course they're going to say it was all our fault.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Not that it matters but the hire is mostly very  well received by the national media but you can’t win them all 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Oh boy, I guess they already got it figured out.  Let's just fire him now before he's a failure.  

Who cares what ESPN says -- jeeezus.

Edited by Probos
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, DCF said:

You all know exactly what I mean. Not a single team has been beating down the door to have Quinn as their coach for several years now. There's an average of 7 new coaches every year, none were chasing after him. Square that.

Not true.

Quinn was part of the hiring cycle the last three years:

2022: Interviews with NY Giants, Chicago, Jacksonville, Miami, Minnesota and Denver, decided to stay in Dallas

2023: Interviews with Arizona, Denver and Indianapolis, decided to stay in Dallas

2024: Interviews with Carolina, LA Chargers, Seahawks, Tennessee and here, before accepting the gig

He has been very much in demand.

And Ben Johnson is not the only guy who decided to stay put after going through the process twice.

Edited by Stoox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

It’s funny hearing people bag on a coach that lost a SuperBowl after leading 28-3. As if any fan of this team has the right to bag on any other coach that has made it to the SuperBowl the past 30 years..

The dude made the SuperBowl. We can’t even sniff the SuperBowl. The only bowl y’all are sniffing besides your pot bowl is your toilet bowl after you’ve downed a 12 pack of Amberbock and busted out the chili. 

Get off the pot! Both of them! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I imagine they didn't have a legit altrnative?

• Thumb up 2

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

It’s funny hearing people bag on a coach that lost a SuperBowl after leading 28-3. As if any fan of this team has the right to bag on any other coach that has made it to the SuperBowl the past 30 years..

The dude made the SuperBowl. We can’t even sniff the SuperBowl. The only bowl y’all are sniffing besides your pot bowl is your toilet bowl after you’ve downed a 12 pack of Amberbock and busted out the chili. 

Get off the pot! Both of them! 🤪

People are only down on him bc of the comparison to Rivera and the performance against Green Bay.

It might be totally unfair and he could be a great hire, btu the context is what it is. It's on HIM to set aside the noise and start building a winner.

I wish him the best of luck and great fortune!  

• Like 5

Honestly, Quinn appears to be the kind of coach I initially expected Washington to have with Ron Rivera. I don't anticipate repeatedly hearing about patience and time from Quinn, but those are buzzwords I'll definitely be watching out for, lol.

Call the plays on defense, Quinn. This is his superpower, Washington should benefit from this superpower. 

Edited by wit33
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1