Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Tyler Spiers said:

Oh Dallas always blows it. Carolina could of come in there and beat them. It's the curse of Jerry Jones firing Jimmy Johnson and won't end until Jerry is not in charge anymore.

Please tell me you actually believe in curses and not just that Jerry Jones is a gaping, sucking wound bleeding his narcissism all over that franchise 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Been sometime since i thought abiout Kelly.  I know its spread, up-tempo -- and heavy sports science. 

The thing Kelly does a REALLY good job of is clock management. Situational clock usage is really, really his strong point. He helped write literal books on the subject.

But his up tempo offense kills the defenses on his teams. They are on the field a lot. 

He’s a smart guy, but I’m just not a fan of his style. If he dialed the tempo portion back and just ran a regular offense I think he’d be okay.

But that’s not what he does. Leopards don’t change their spots.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Text this morning from my good friend who is a Cowboys fan (I know weird):

"Dan Quinn? Wow. Good luck with that. Haha.  Imo he's super overrated and struggled to adjust gameplans. He bullied bad teams but the defense folded against every good team."

For what it is worth. I don't like the hire cuz it seems like another old curmudgeon who lacks charisma and the ability to motivate his team. His track record isn't that great. I mean damn he lead the Falcons team that blew 28-3 in the Super Bowl. All they had to do was run the ball essentially the second half, but they were snapping the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock and passing. He does not seem like a good leader.

he wasn't the offensive play caller and being a leader is apparently one of his strengths

• Like 1

Quinn might not be amazing or anything but he definitely does not lack charisma. 

Just now, KDawg said:

The thing Kelly does a REALLY good job of is clock management. Situational clock usage is really, really his strong point. He helped write literal books on the subject.

But his up tempo offense kills the defenses on his teams. They are on the field a lot. 

He’s a smart guy, but I’m just not a fan of his style. If he dialed the tempo portion back and just ran a regular offense I think he’d be okay.

He'd be OC. If Quinn tells him to knock off the hurry-up crap he will. Even if he calls plays, general game strategy would still fall under Quinn's purview. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I'm the biggest Maye fan here so I'd prefer Maye anyway and you're right he's actually quite a good athlete. 

Its probably not gonna happen. I think we'll go for one of the 49ers assistants to be OC like what was rumored before.

From your lips to God's ears...

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Bevell really peaks my interest. But I am not sure he is ready either. 

Man, are you okay today? You're touting Chip Kelly partly because of his record with Michael Vick, whom he got injured in his only mediocre year with him; and Wentz, who got there after Kelly left, and wasn't good until a year after that. 

Now you're not sure Darrell Bevell, who has been an NFL OC for most of the last two decades, including in two Super Bowls, and an interim Head Coach twice. "might not be ready" to be an NFL OC?

I'm worried you forgot your vitamins. Or maybe overdosed on them, or something. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Quinn might not be amazing or anything but he definitely does not lack charisma. 

He'd be OC. If Quinn tells him to knock off the hurry-up crap he will. Even if he calls plays, general game strategy would still fall under Quinn's purview. 

Uh, ya. I know he’d be the Oc. What made you think I was thinking otherwise?

Edited by KDawg

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Chip Kelly is making $6M per at UCLA, why would he willfully leave to be an OC in the NFL?

He almost got fired this year. His deal runs through 2027. UCLA has a brutal schedule this season in the Big 10. He will be gone for sure and have an offset of 18 mil left for 3 years. That’s when he will most likely take a job. But he does have a massive ego so maybe he wants to bail before the disaster of the season that’s about to hit. There might not be an OC job or any job to be had if he’s at the bottom of the Big 10 standings. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I always thought the weird about Kelly is he's a dude obsessed with his players being in uber great shape and micro manages everything right down to the players diets -- yet he's a dude that looks out of shape himself.

More food for him. :pint:

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Man, are you okay today? You're touting Chip Kelly partly because of his record with Michale Vick, whom he got injured in his only mediocre year with him; and Wentz, who got there after Kelly left, and wasn't good until a year after that. 

Now you're not sure Darrell Bevell, who has been an NFL OC for most of the last two decades, including in two Super Bowls, and an interim Head Coach twice. "might not be ready" to be an NFL OC?

I'm worried you forgot your vitamins. Or maybe overdosed on them, or something. 

I am drunk like most Thrursdays. And spewing **** out of a impaired brain right now with Metallica blasting in the background. Give me a break. :) And by not ready with Bevell. I mean not ready to leave Miami yet. 

Edit: Oh. And I think I got more than half of my Kelly post correct. So that counts as win imo. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I recall some of it.  Desean Jackson hated him and vice versa.  It's what brought Desean here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What's Quinn's connection to Kelly?

Not sure. But the Quinn/Kelly connection was being talked about for Seattle when everyone thought Quinn was taking that job. Could just be bull****. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. I think you are right with the Bradford thing. Traded Foles I think. Anyways. I was just spitballing. He is good with QB's. So I could see why they might be interested in him with a young one. Not jumping up and down for it. But wouldnt necessarily hate it either. 

Who becomes our QB coach cause if Chip is fired or decides to leave, we have to have a decent QB coach ready to take over.   

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I recall some of it.  Desean Jackson hated him and vice versa.  It's what brought Desean here.

It’s a really hard offense to play in. It allows athletic RBs to excel for sure but the linemen are constantly running… receivers are up and down the field. It’s exhausting.

And again, it also puts the defense on the field a ton because of how fast the O moves.

Folks can say, “Quinn will tell him to slow it down” but then why even hire the ****ing guy? He does what he does.

I can’t believe I am saying this next sentence…

If it came down to two choices… Kelly or Bienemy…

I’d take Bienemy with zero hesitation.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1