Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

As to Joe Whitt.  His niche is the secondary.  We've seen Dallas generally have a good secondary with guys coming out of nowhere like Bland coming out of nowhere as a 5th round choice while out first rounder looked like a train wreck.  Bland was a first team All Pro as a rookie, that's insane, we've got one All Pro in like 20 years.

Guys like him and Diggs are playmakers.  they make turnovers.

Quinn's niche is the D line.  Whitt's niche is the secondary.  So that's a strong combination in theory.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Look, I know most people on the board don't like this hire. I think it is a good hire. Need to bring in a good OC hopefully one of the Sf coaches Kubiak or Griese.

This team is a total rebuild and will bad next year and probably the year after that. His experience will go a long way in fixing this. 

The key is the coach's under him. Hopefully, with Peters as the GM we will be able to get a couple of the SF coaches.

This is not Ron 2.0. Quinn had gone back to being an assistant and had put together two great defenses with Seattle and Dallas.

He is ready for a second shot at head coach. I would rather him then a 30 something with all the rebuilding that has to be done.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

How many Defensive passing game coordinators are there in the NFL?

Did we have one last year?

It’s just a title to give a guy a promotion and give them a little extra ownership.

The help with coverages and scouting passing game.

• Thanks 1

It's pretty impressive that Whitt chose to follow Quinn to our little sandbox rather than take over one of the more talented defensive rosters around.

On the other hand, Jerry is in "win before I die" mode and maybe thinks that Rivera or some other veteran coach is the guy to get him there.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, profusion said:

It's pretty impressive that Whitt chose to follow Quinn to our little sandbox rather than take over one of the more talented defensive rosters around.

Excited to see who else, maybe what players, also follow DQ to DC.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, profusion said:

longevity... security... Lame duck coach in Dallas.  Here he is likely guaranteed at least a 3 year run.

• Like 5

Text this morning from my good friend who is a Cowboys fan (I know weird):

"Dan Quinn? Wow. Good luck with that. Haha.  Imo he's super overrated and struggled to adjust gameplans. He bullied bad teams but the defense folded against every good team."

For what it is worth. I don't like the hire cuz it seems like another old curmudgeon who lacks charisma and the ability to motivate his team. His track record isn't that great. I mean damn he lead the Falcons team that blew 28-3 in the Super Bowl. All they had to do was run the ball essentially the second half, but they were snapping the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock and passing. He does not seem like a good leader.

15 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Anyone else excited about Forbes and Davis growth?. 

Wait, Forbes is still growing?  Can he pack on some lbs while he's at it? 

12 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I hope Forbes frame grows. 😄

Lol beat me to it

Edited by LetThePointsSoar
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Lame duck coach in Dallas

This is the most important part. Ya'll should go over and check out the Cowboys forum. A lot like Quinn being gone. A lot more dont. And a lot are saying they want Rivera as DC. :)

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

This is the most important part. Ya'll should go over and check out the Cowboys forum. A lot like Quinn being gone. A lot more dont. And a lot are saying they want Rivera as DC. :)

They will be disappointed he is gone. There defense before him was terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

To be fair, the CBS pregame show (Phil Simms) said that Johnson to Washington was happening. That’s a bit different than a fan blog or YouTube channel.

Simms or Esiason? Either way, they are not journalists like Keim or Schefter.  If it was Esiason, I believe that was during a radio and he came across to me as expressing his belief/thought, rather than reporting some insider knowledge or source.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If we can make Davis into the new Parsons, can we make me the new Matthew McConaughey? 

I want killer abs and an Oscar. 

Don't see that happening.  Parsons is much more talented.  

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If we can make Davis into the new Parsons, can we make me the new Matthew McConaughey? 

I want killer abs and an Oscar. 

I think you are already there.. good job dude.

Ruse-Cohle----hes-here-to-014.jpg.webp.7ebe5b61e0e1cc38ee00cec3f46eea69.webp

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1