Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

On 1/13/2024 at 6:52 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

Ben Johnson and Drake Maye in 2024?

I see no chance. We have to rebuild everything. The cupboard is largely bare from utterly miserable drafts in '20, '21, '22 and '23, and that's after the team already had a bottom five roster heading into 2000 to begin with. The team should end on a two offseason build to get us in position to be 9-8 or better during the '26 season and hopefully double digit wins by '27, and that's if we do well/get lucky with the next 3 offseasons. We are liable to make mistakes, how many and how many big ones there are will tell the tale. The Texans weren't a disaster, they were a playoff team that went sidways because of the Watson Sex scandal and bottomed out when they went from top 5 quarterbacking to bottom 5 quarterbacking. We aren't that.

Our secondary is probably what a D?

Our linebackers are probably an F or D-

Our front four went from a B+/A- before the season to a C, and it's an old unit in its area of strength.

Our OL is a D at best

Our playmakers are a C at best

Our QB room is a C- to a D at best with Brissett leaving and only Howell in place.

The team will need to rebuild half or more of the OL, all the DL, all the LB's, most of the secondary, and replace all the playmakers by '26.

It's a total disaster. Some may argue that's reason to trade down, but it isn't, we have our shot now, we take it, we build around the OL pieces in place (Cosmi, Stromberg). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Rapoports and Shefters of the world probably spend this part of the season giving back to those who help them during the season so we should probably take everything with a grain of salt, there could be some calculated fluff in some of these reports.

Schefter typically tweets or announces stuff after having paid for the info (cash, tickets to various events, trips, etc). Rapoport is cosy with lots coaches (and their agents). Info he tweets is usually out there for a reason, and it ain't just to inform a curious public

11 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Rapoports and Shefters of the world probably spend this part of the season giving back to those who help them during the season so we should probably take everything with a grain of salt, there could be some calculated fluff in some of these reports.

I suspect a lot of the leaks they get are from agents trying to drum up the interest level for their clients.  That's why it's so hard to tell what's real and what's not.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Schefter typically tweets or announces stuff after having paid for the info (cash, tickets to various events, trips, etc). Rapoport is cosy with lots coaches (and their agents). Info he tweets is usually out there for a reason, and it ain't just to inform a curious public

Since Schefter works for a league broadcast partner, I've long assumed he's got the league office feeding him stuff. They benefit from breathless coverage of comings and goings and behind-the-scenes stuff. In other words, he doesn't exactly have to be Woodward and Bernstein to get big scoops; he just has to be discrete and dish out the info he's told to. I could be wrong, I guess...

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I see no chance. We have to rebuild everything. The cupboard is largely bare from utterly miserable drafts in '20, '21, '22 and '23, and that's after the team already had a bottom five roster heading into 2000 to begin with. The team should end on a two offseason build to get us in position to be 9-8 or better during the '26 season and hopefully double digit wins by '27, and that's if we do well/get lucky with the next 3 offseasons. We are liable to make mistakes, how many and how many big ones there are will tell the tale. The Texans weren't a disaster, they were a playoff team that went sidways because of the Watson Sex scandal and bottomed out when they went from top 5 quarterbacking to bottom 5 quarterbacking. We aren't that.

Our front four went from a B+/A- before the season to a C, and it's an old unit in its area of strength.

Our OL is a D at best

Our QB room is a C- to a D at best with Brissett leaving and only Howell in place.

The team will need to rebuild half or more of the OL, all the DL, all the LB's, most of the secondary, and replace all the playmakers by '26.

It's a total disaster. Some may argue that's reason to trade down, but it isn't, we have our shot now, we take it, we build around the OL pieces in place (Cosmi, Stromberg). 

Like the saying goes the truth hurts. Every bit of what you wrote is nothing but truth.  Ron's roster building didn't do us any favors.  Hopefully we can build this roster enough to see remarkable improvement in 24, then hopefully in 25 we can add the pieces to make a serious run. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I have zero desire to hire Bieniemy as our HC, but I think many of our fans underestimate just how much our "weapons" on offense stink. Can't turn trash into a steak.

That would be even more of an indictment on EB’s potential as a playcaller, leaning into our weaknesses time after time 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

That would be even more of an indictment on EB’s potential as a playcaller, leaning into our weaknesses time after time 

He was likely grossed out by the potential of our run game and offensive line so chose to die on Sam's shoulder. His biggest mistake was deciding to be Ron's OC in the first place. 

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Our OL is a D at best

You coulda said the same thing last year about Houston 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Could get some good intel in this interview on how defenses stop our offense this year and what type of offense he would think it would be harder for his defensive scheme to stop.

I'm confused by reporters "reporting", and by people reacting to the reports, that any of the 7 people that the Commanders have publicly requested interviews with are a top candidate. I believe they've publicly requested interviews with seven people at this point. That qualifies each of them as a top candidate. Accurate, but old news at this point. Pretending that it is something more, without any more information than the interview request is bush league. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Our OL is a D at best

this is exactly right and we should not be expecting such a leap in one year. Texans we're in much better shape and did really well in FA (Schultz etc)

texans also got a generational QB. Compare Stroud to other recent 1/2 overall picks in last 10 years, most top 1/2 qb picks are average or scrubs

Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Murray, Bryce Young, Mayfield, trubisky (lol), Zach Wilson

Only Lawrence and Burrow were good to excellent and capable of turning around a franchise 

we need a very good QB coupled with improvements at all levels of the defense plus o line and TE, and a HC to get the best out of them 

Edited by Searchingforaqb

When you hear certain D Coaches as hc candidate, you have to wonder, who would they bring as OC?

Dan Quinn worked with kellen moore In Dallas.  Whom' I think San Diego Fired.

So who would the other DCs bring?

I was hoping to hear some front office restructuring news this weekend be it scouts hired or anything else.  I know we can zoom with Johnson and Slowik on Tuesday or is that in person?  Thought in person was either before champ games or lull between those and SB.

• Like 1

I know this is just second guessing but if Adam Peters was our GM last year I can't imagine Chris Paul, Saahdiq Charles, Cody Barton,Emmanuel Forbes, Camaron Cheeseman, Andrew Wylie among others would have been on our team. Having a real GM and talent evaluator is going to make a huge difference.

• Like 1