Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Man, I would like to see Snyder's face now that everyone is saying how attractive Washington is and us getting the best guy in the market while nobody wanted to work for him. Dude got 6bn but I bet he is miserable. 

• Haha 1

Everyone making the Peters-Johnson dick jokes realizes now we'd be locked into Michael Penix, right?

Anyway, I'm happy, but I'm going to temper my enthusiasm a bit.  Remember, we were pretty excited about Scot McCloughan who put together the Legion of Boom in Seattle and ran his own scouting service.  I know there were the previous alcohol issues but he was considered one of the top drafting minds in the business when he came on board and we saw how that worked out.

I know, new ownership all of that, but it has been a long time.  I'm cautiously optimistic. 

One would have to think that this hire will absolutely help fill any and ALL other openings we have.  At this moment, what coach or FO staff wouldn't want to be a part of this?  The most sought after GM candidate came here.  We have big draft and Cap capital.  We have a quality new owner.  There is a lot of excitement about the rebuild and future.  I say we have become the first choice for most if not all potential hires.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

It guarantees nothing but it really feels good to see a sound process in place. To see this franchise attack success and land the top young talent. We haven’t had that in a while. And even crazier…they want to come here. Adam Peters is widely considered a top football executive who has worked in multiple great organizations and he wanted to come here. Sure seems like Ben Johnson has a decent shot at coming here. Again, I’m always going to temper Washington Football Team expectations but this feels pretty damn cool. 

Yep absolutely. You're never guaranteed success but when you have smart people in place and a sound organizational structure and philosophy, you at least give yourself a chance.

But even the best guys whiff on draft picks from time to time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Man, I would like to see Snyder's face now that everyone is saying how attractive Washington is and us getting the best guy in the market while nobody wanted to work for him. Dude got 6bn but I bet he is miserable. 

qp7dy7qsn2va1.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Everyone making the Peters-Johnson dick jokes realizes now we'd be locked into Michael Penix, right?

Anyway, I'm happy, but I'm going to temper my enthusiasm a bit.  Remember, we were pretty excited about Scot McCloughan who put together the Legion of Boom in Seattle and ran his own scouting service.  I know there were the previous alcohol issues but he was considered one of the top drafting minds in the business when he came on board and we saw how that worked out.

I know, new ownership all of that, but it has been a long time.  I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Difference was Bruce Allen was Scot's boss.  Nothing changed structure wise.  Scot was basically who Tim Gribble is now -- just a higher profile version of it.  That is, a dude who makes draft recommendations for Bruce.  Tim made the recommendations for Ron.  But it was Bruce-Dan's vision running the team.  Just like was Ron's vision running the team.

Peters is running the show.  The draft.  FO.  It's his show.  His vision.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

know, new ownership all of that, but it has been a long time.  I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I agree, we still have a lot of work to do to get the titanic off the ocean floor and restore her to her former glory before we can set sail again. 

Just look at the giants, same exact scenario 2 years ago, Schoen and dabol were a huge get for them, the first year was good (not great) and they took a big step back this year.

This could take a while but it certainly feels like we finally turned a corner.

I noticed that both candidates for President of Football Ops have degrees in psychology. This is telling for the direction of the franchise and a stark contrast to the Snyder era where players were treated like chess pieces.

10 minutes ago, Forehead said:

After McLoughan took over we actually had our best two season stretch ever in the Snyder era. Granted it was only 9-7 and 8-7-1, but still.

Considering who the owner was, that era was a smashing success.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

This is like the GameDay thread without the complaining.  LOL

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Than its noting like the GameDay thread at all.

There we go. That's better.

Now someone needs to blame a ref for something.

• Haha 5

Happy about this move.  This is the move that I wanted to see.  A good GM candidate coming from a strong team.

13 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I think this is a bit unfair to SM.  He was doing pretty well here, he just got axed for whatever reason, I can't remember.  But I remember he hit on a few good players in the draft and I think was turning it around decently.  

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'll consider the Peters move part of the Trent Williams trade. Now I feel much better.

I get you, ED84.  We got our 1st rounder (Peters) for Williams!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Happy about this move.  This is the move that I wanted to see.  A good GM candidate coming from a strong team.

I think this is a bit unfair to SM.  He was doing pretty well here, he just got axed for whatever reason, I can't remember.  But I remember he hit on a few good players in the draft and I think was turning it around decently.  

As I recall, the speculation around here was that Scot was getting too much credit, and Bruce's ego couldn't handle it. The given reason was some kind of misbehavior, I believe.

Just now, profusion said:

As I recall, the speculation around here was that Scot was getting too much credit, and Bruce's ego couldn't handle it. The given reason was some kind of misbehavior, I believe.

He was fired for gross negligence for alcoholism i think. But yeah, Bruce didnt like the credit going to someone else.

• Thumb up 1