Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Ghost of said:

You mean "strikethrough"? Man, life must be good to not have to master Word. ;) 

Fixed it with an example for you.  

(PSA: Click the "S" Next to the U at the top left of the edit box.)

31 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Really? You don't think the fact that nearly every coordinator and great offensive head coach is not a former tailback matters? It's not that being a RB means you will want to run the ball, but that how you process the game (running backs are not regarded as cognitively demanding positions like QB, offensive line, possibly TE maybe) is laid down in your playing days and subsequently limits or enhances your ability to master an offense and call the plays in the most advantageous ways (as well as innovate.) 

That's like talking about head coaches and saying there's nothing to the fact that offensive coaches and offensive continuity are seemingly valued highly right now.

I don't really.  A number of the coaches never really played, or played so badly it doesn't really matter that they played. 

Coaching (which also equates in some ways to teaching) and playing (or doing) are almost completely different skill sets.  

Some great players are awful coaches.  Other great players are great coaches.

I don't think position matters that much.  Just my opinion.  No way to really know.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s an idiotic take from a Pittsburg reporter.  

FWIW, the Steelers have had 3 coaches in their history, each for more than 10 years, and each with SB rings.

The Tomlin hate is just absolutely absurd.

The reporter should have been smart enough to understand that Bill Walsh coached in an era where you could keep your players, a pre free agency era. Roster turnover is 10x what it was in the eighties, so while I still think it's possible for messaging to get stale, the turnover on rosters is so infinitely higher from what it once was, that such messaging is largely not an issue anymore. Just look at draftee retention rates even with first rounders past the first contract? Its ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

The reporter should have been smart enough to understand that Bill Walsh coached in an era where you could keep your players, a pre free agency era. Roster turnover is 10x what it was in the eighties, so while I still think it's possible for messaging to get stale, the turnover on rosters is so infinitely higher from what it once was, that such messaging is largely not an issue anymore. Just look at draftee retention rates even with first rounders past the first contract? Its ridiculous. 

That's largely why I think the league is weaker than it used to be. Continuity matters and while it can work against an organization that is in a bad place, of course, the great teams are really great. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Magic is the ultimate closer. If they want Peters, he'll close the deal.

IF he wants either, he along with the others will close the deal. Yes, I agree that Peter's has the upper hand and track record with his mid and late round draft selection choices over the years.  

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Sounds like a set of introductions to their new owners as opposed to interviews…..

Sounds like possible new hire to a law firm.  

10 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

The reporter should have also understood since 1969 the Steelers are one of the most successful organizations and had 3 HCs of more than 10 years.  

Dumbass thing ro write.  

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It would be so much fun to walk into that room and be like - 'Hey sorry guys this room is reserved for 1pm and its 12:54 so you guys gotta find another spot. Ok? Thanks be back in a minute to set up!'

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Id love to know where some of there guys get there info from. Most of us can throw spaghetti against a wall also. Not saying he doesn't have sources but...hell I dont know.

Others are saying the same with most saying peters is who they expect to be the hire. It would be a slight surprise at this point if its not Peters.

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t get all the hype with Peters? I feel like that team is largely successful because of Kyle Shanahan. I also believe just like his father here, he influences the draft there.

There are Solomon Thomas, Trey Lance and Javon Kinlaw misses in there.

I think it's very difficult for fans to know who's responsible for what draft/fa/trade decisions.  I think we are largely relying on reporting on the candidates' industry reputation

• Like 1