Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

35 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I wonder if the stoppage in GM search alerts from national media means anything.  Like have they zero'd in on one of them (Peters) and did the interviews Harris did last month at that conference count towards NFL hiring requirements?

Good point about the hiring requirements - need to interview one minority and/or female candidate for a GM level position I believe.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Harris got outta dodge when that thing ended lol.

I actually think he knows exactly who he wants in that Head of Football Ops role. Bet we’ve mapped all that out already.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

As important as that issue is to many of us, it definitely takes a backseat to the picking of a GM and a coach.  

I’m confident the name/brand gets addressed at some point down the road when the time is right.  Josh’s response proves that adults are in the room and they are focused on the most important stuff first.  

Yeah, I wouldn't really expect anything more from them as far as plans on the name until the GM and coach are hired, at the earliest, but I'm not surprised he was asked about it.

Edited by Spearfeather

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Raiders have that shiny new stadium going for them, and that’s about it.  Would be a crime to lose Peters to them, don’t see it happening.

Very similar situations. LV has an interim coach that the players love and want to bring back. Washington has an OC that they…oh well, nevermind.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Raiders have that shiny new stadium going for them, and that’s about it.  Would be a crime to lose Peters to them, don’t see it happening.

One advantage they might have is I’ve read that Peters is a west coast guy, grew up there and likes it there 

Just now, Ball Security said:

Very similar situations. LV has an interim coach that the players love and want to bring back. Washington has an OC that they…oh well, nevermind.

Pierce is Freddie Kitchens 2.0. Raiders will fall apart if hes the full time coach.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Take your time and get the right people. 

I agree, take your time, do it right. But still very happy that Josh does not seem to be wasting anytime going about finding the right person for the job. He totally understands that we need someone in place as soon as possible and its a priority.

Emmanuel Forbes final season PFF grade was 50.9.  That is bad, but not historically bad by any means and there are almost certainly corners around the NFL with significant snaps lower than that around the league.  In fact, we had a corner last year with a lower grade (barely) in William Jackson III who played in 5 games before being benched who who had a 49.6 grade.   For what its worth, Benjamin St. Juste finished at 59.9 (he finished at 53 his rookie year), Kendall Fuller finished at 83.1, and Danny Johnson finished at 49.1.   What interesting is the lack of depth, Danny Johnson was the player who replaced Forbes for a while, and he finished 1.8 points lower.  Generally speaking 80 is a good starter, 70 probably is a mid level starter, 60 is on the borderline between quality depth and starter and 50 is depth, not necessarily quality depth. 

And while 50.9 is a bad grade, I think some people think Forbes is even lower because his bad games where he had like a 28 grade and a 32 grade, his grade was posted, but in his better games in say the mid 70's a lot of time his grade wasn't posted .

• Thanks 1

Sip and Hig are undefeated in being first in with tweets and content. I'm seeing the same tweet posted ten times. Gotta get moving pretty quickly in the morning to hang with Sip when it's prime time like this 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One advantage they might have is I’ve read that Peters is a west coast guy, grew up there and likes it there 

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

That and Vegas itself.

Veeeeeeee-gas...

Our football situation is way better for a GM tho

But Mark Davis tho…