Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bobby Beathard traded up to pick Ryan Leaf. 

QBs are a complete crap shoot. 

Yep, and the allure to grab a potential star can make even the best organizations go full idiot. 

• Like 1

With a rookie QB you have to have an O mind as HC. I know what happened in Houston, and I believe that is an abberation. 

Young QBs need consistency in the scheme, and the odds are higher that with a d-minded HC, you lose a successful OC who becomes an HC

Again there are exceptions, but I would rather we go O minded

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of our fans are just plain exhausting. Some guy just called Chris Russell yelling about how "this is the same old Commanders cycle of making changes".

Dude, seriously how the **** is this the "same thing" if this is the first time the new ownership team has a chance to put their fingerprints on football operations? Nobody is saying it's going to work, but jump to a new team if your outlook is so damn bleak!  🙄🤦‍♂️

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

With a rookie QB you have to have an O mind as HC. I know what happened in Houston, and I believe that is an abberation. 

Young QBs need consistency in the scheme, and the odds are higher that with a d-minded HC, you lose a successful OC who becomes an HC

Texans hired a real good OC in Bobby Slowik jr. But I also think Stroud is special and would have been good no matter what.

Just now, spjunkies said:

Some of our fans are just plain exhausting. Some guy just called Chris Russell yelling about how "this is the same old Commanders cycle of making changes".

Dude, seriously bow the **** is this the "same thing" if this is the first time the new ownership team has a chance to put their fingerprints on football operations? Nobody is saying it's going to work, but jump to a new team if your outlook is so damn bleak!  🙄🤦‍♂️

Man, I just listened to him and why even be a fan? 

That was brutal to listen to and already doomed Harris & Co., the season, etc. So does he expect a new owner coming in during the off-season and immediately win the Super Bowl?

Really annoying caller.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

The 1 and 2 seeds in the AFC are products of non offensive coaches developing QBs from their rookie years.

Ben Johnson is my clear number one choice, but I don’t believe in putting up artificial parameters when doing a search.

Does anyone remember who else we interviewed to be HC after Gruden was fired?  I'm having trouble finding it, with my point being I doubt the list was much to look at (as it was already predetermined)?

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Texans hired a real good OC in Bobby Slowik jr. But I also think Stroud is special and would have been good no matter what.

Agreed. And Bill Lazor being there helps a heckuva lot too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I've been posturing this is not true. Look at Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore--none of their HCs are offensive minded, yet they continue to roll through coordinators and continue to win. Baltimore successfully developed Lamar Jackson, Buffalo with Josh Allen. Belichick never won anything without Brady--yet he did discover and develop Brady--all while bleeding offensive coordinators left and right.

All due respect SHF (there have been several other respected posters as well), but the idea we pass on a Tomlin or Harbaugh because we might lose an OC is panicky. It's like passing on a date with with ScarJo because she might leave us.

If we are going to be a consistent organization, we have to be able to make many good hires, not just one. Macdonald is my #2 right now, behind Ben Johnson.

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Some guy just called Chris Russell yelling about how "this is the same old Commanders cycle of making changes".

People who call into sports radio in general--let alone that buffoon's unbearable show--are some of the dumbest mother****ers alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PigskinRedskin said:

That was brutal to listen to and already doomed Harris & Co., the season, etc. So does he expect a new owner coming in during the off-season and immediately win the Super Bowl?

Really annoying caller.

Be patient with these people being negative. 25 years is a long time to be in a dysfunctional and abusive marriage. It’s going to be hard for some to trust again at first, but they will come around. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Be patient with these people being negative. 25 years is a long time to be in a dysfunctional and abusive marriage. It’s going to be hard for some to trust again at first, but they will come around. 

Oh no doubt. I am still reserved despite Snyder gone, etc but the way they chose to speak about Harris already, etc is although they made up their mind. That's all.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Dude, seriously how the **** is this the "same thing" if this is the first time the new ownership team has a chance to put their fingerprints on football operations? Nobody is saying it's going to work, but jump to a new team if your outlook is so damn bleak!  🙄🤦‍♂️

Sounds like the typical fans you run into on those Facebook pages 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Really annoying caller.

Listen guys I tried to get @Renegade7out of his doldrums last night but I can’t monitor all his calls 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Looks like a bunch of junk options 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/jay-gruden-hired-as-redskins-coach/2014/01/09/084fab48-7938-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html

He was the sixth candidate known to have interviewed with the Redskins following offensive coordinators Darrell Bevell of the Seattle Seahawks and Jim Caldwell of the Baltimore Ravens, defensive coordinators Sean McDermott of the Carolina Panthers and Perry Fewell of the New York Giants, and Dallas Cowboys special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia.

The Redskins had planned to meet with Vanderbilt Coach James Franklin, but he reportedly was offered the coaching job at Penn State. The team also had sought interviews with offensive coordinators Ken Whisenhunt of the San Diego Chargers and Greg Roman of San Francisco 49ers, and defensive coordinators Mike Zimmer of the Bengals and Vic Fangio of the 49ers.

Thanks for this link for the 2014 search, I'm also curious about 2020.  I did find the following:

Redskins owner Dan Snyder moved quickly, though, ensuring the other clubs competing for the services of Rivera wouldn't even get an interview with him by bringing him in on the first day after the conclusion of the 2019 season and securing his signature before leaving their meeting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

Thanks for this link for the 2014 search, I'm also curious about 2020.  I did find the following:

Redskins owner Dan Snyder moved quickly, though, ensuring the other clubs competing for the services of Rivera wouldn't even get an interview with him by bringing him in on the first day after the conclusion of the 2019 season and securing his signature before leaving their meeting.

Oh man, I completely screwed up your question. Apologies, let me see if I can find something on 2020.

I've never been good at multitasking lmao