Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

Football acumen is exactly what you questioned when you responded to one of my posts where I explain Forbes is an average corner.  You disagree, ok.  You’ve provided no facts, we’re both subjective. You see stink, I see average / above average with terrible coaching and don’t think he should be cut, which Renegage7 was implying. My stance / defense of Forbes seems to bother you.  Not sure why, guess you’re battered indeed.

Facts are he will be on the roster next camp and playing next Fall. All else tbd…

When you make a comment like water isn’t wet, the onus is on you to provide the facts to back it up.

I don’t subscribe to PFF but when numbers have been posted, he’s at the bottom or near the bottom of all corners.  For good reason, having watched him play.

It’s one thing to suggest that you believe he has the potential to be an average to above average corner, than it is to say that he already is that.  If he was average to above average, we wouldn’t even be talking about him.

It’s almost surreal seeing this team operate as a professionally run organization and not being the employer of last resort. I’m still pinching myself expecting the alarm clock to go off and opening my eyes to more of Farquaad’s foolishness. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's not surprising at all, but Harris is such a better speaker than Snyder.

It helps that he owns multiple franchises and is used to speaking with the media.  It also helps that cares about winning, unlike the previous ownership

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It helps that he owns multiple franchises and is used to speaking with the media.  It also helps that cares about winning, unlike the previous ownership

It also helps that he’s not a scumbag, unlike previous ownership.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

It also helps that he’s not a scumbag, unlike previous ownership.

He is such a professional.....the real deal.   We have waited so long for this,   "Karma" is finally catching up with us and showing mercy.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Kind of Ben Johnson related and why would he take that job?  LOL

Poor Bryce Young. He's starting his career in a classic NFL Hell-Zone situation.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

I just can't believe, whether it's Peters, Cunningham, whoever else ... that we have an owner that is going to basically lean on industry experts to hire a GM, who will then have a say in hiring a HC ... I mean my god. This is stuff dreams are made of.

AND WE HAVE THE 2ND PICK IN A QB RICH DRAFT.

Pinch me.

• Like 5

https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/1/8/24030185/washington-commanders-request-to-interview-san-francisco-49ers-assistant-gm-adam-peters

The Washington Commanders fired Head Coach Ron Rivera this morning, but haven’t booted GM Martin Mayhew...yet. Josh Harris has hired form NBA exec Bob Myers and former NFL exec Rick Spielman to lead their search for a new coach and head of football operations. There have already been four names linked to Washington for their head coaching search(Jim Harbaugh, Raheem Morris, Ben Johnson, Aaron Glenn), and now we’ve got our third GM candidate linked to the franchise. Washington already requested to interview Bears AGM Ian Cunningham and Browns AGM/VPoPP Glenn Cook

Adam Schefter is reporting that Washington has also requested to interview San Francisco 49ers AGM Adam Peters. He started his NFL career as a scouting assistant for the New England Patriots(2003-04), pro scout(2005), area scout(2006-08). Peters joined the Denver Broncos as a regional scout in 2009, and was promoted to a national scout two years later. He was promoted again to assistant director of college scouting in 2014. and then again to director of college scouting in 2016. Peters finally joined the 49ers the following year as their vice president of player personnel. He served in that role for four years, and he has spent the last three as the assistant GM.

The only thing Peters hasn’t accomplished in six years in San Francisco is win a title (and that might be coming). The former UCLA player cut his teeth as a college scout in New England, rose as a personnel man in Denver under Josh McDaniels and then John Elway, and grew into a well-respected exec in San Francisco going to Super Bowls with all three teams. Peters nearly got the New York Giants’ job two years ago, and turned down interviews with the Titans and Cardinals last year. So he won’t leave a good situation for just any job (but the native Californian could be an interesting match for the Los Angeles Chargers, or even the Patriots).

“I think that if you’re a team looking this year, to put it bluntly, you would be dumb to look anywhere else,” an NFL agent said as part of The Athletic’s annual agent survey. “I think he is the best in the business.”

Agents also voted Peters among the league’s talent evaluators and front-office leaders they trust the most, rare mentions for non-general managers. He tied for first in the “Future GM to Watch” category with Khai Harley (Saints) and Nolan Teasley (Seahawks).

Good, bad or ugly, Adam does it the right way,” the agent said. “He treats people with compassion even when it’s a bad situation. He’s always honest. You know where you stand. I’m surprised he has not gotten a general manager job to this point.”

Widely expected to be one of the top candidates in the 2024 hiring cycle, Peters is wrapping up his third season as John Lynch’s right-hand man in the 49ers’ front office. Peters previously spent four seasons as San Francisco’s vice president of player personnel and eight in the Broncos’ personnel department. Before that, he spent six years in scouting for the New England Patriots.

Peters, formerly a trusted confidant to former Broncos GM John Elway, helped Denver build its Super Bowl 50-winning roster. He was also a part of two Super Bowl teams in New England under Bill Belichick.

What makes me so hopeful for Harris is that he has made a profession out of owning sports teams. He owns several, so he has no reason to treat his NFL team like his baby. He has too many different teams to do that. So he'll just hire people to do the work of running the team, like any average or better owner should. All he has to do is smile, say a few words, and then wave at the fans and eat expensive food in the owner's suite. It shouldn't be hard to not be embarrassing.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Geez that organization with Tepper is the new clown show in the NFL. He is impatient, meddles in player decisions.  It is like his little toy.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just the fact that Peters is even taking the interview shows the culture change here already. No chance he takes that meeting with Snyder still in the building. Great time to be a Washington football fan. 

Never thought I would see this in my lifetime.  Certainly fun times ahead 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Was asked about the brand:

" Focus today is on sports "

( Hiring, stadium )

As important as that issue is to many of us, it definitely takes a backseat to the picking of a GM and a coach.  

I’m confident the name/brand gets addressed at some point down the road when the time is right.  Josh’s response proves that adults are in the room and they are focused on the most important stuff first.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Geez that organization with Tepper is the new clown show in the NFL. He is impatient, meddles in player decisions.  It is like his little toy.  

I have tremendous empathy for Panthers fans....I truly do.   Tepper is going to destroy that franchise completely and it's not going to be pretty.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

The baton has been passed and it may benefit us. The Carolinas used to be WFT territory. If the Panthros go on a multi-decade suck fest, many of those fans are likely to come back “home”. It’s exactly what the dwindling fanbase needs 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

No, not surprising at all. Going back to the ownership speculation discussions, it appears we really lucked out with Harris given his professional sports franchise experience. The professionalism, decisiveness, and sense of urgency to this process has been a breath of fresh air.

But no space rockets.

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Well there was clear intent from Harris, this isn’t going to be a tear it down and suck year. We’re going to be aggressive in out approach to move forward quickly. 

Sounds damn good to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I wouldnt want to be a Panthers fan. They have it much worse than us.  We at least have reason for optimism.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

When you make a comment like water isn’t wet, the onus is on you to provide the facts to back it up.

I don’t subscribe to PFF but when numbers have been posted, he’s at the bottom or near the bottom of all corners.  For good reason, having watched him play.

It’s one thing to suggest that you believe he has the potential to be an average to above average corner, than it is to say that he already is that.  If he was average to above average, we wouldn’t even be talking about him.

Not sure what we're arguing anymore or why it's important for you to make me believe Forbes is the worst corner in football which is what "we" (you, Renegade7, and BatteredFan) believe.  He's not.  As a metric guy, I've come to learn metrics can tell you anything you want them to.  We call them chicken metrics.  PFF metrics aren't the be all end all, they will give you some valuable information and some that's irrelevant.  Context matters.  I've seen Forbes get toasted this year, as have you, and I've seen him makes plays, as have you.  He's not the worst corner in the league, he's not the worst corner on the roster.  Did you see Bradberry yesterday!? The problem is he's an average corner drafted in the first round on a historically bad and poorly coached defense.  His draft status makes it feel worse, but if he was a 4th round pick we wouldn't be talking about him at all.

That's the heartburn, and causes fans not to see the obvious, that he IS an NFL corner.  That's my stance, simple as that, and he shouldn't be cut or traded as he's a rookie under a 1st round contract, that was implied so I replied counter to.  We agree he has potential, so not sure what "we" are arguing or why you're so butt hurt over Emannuel Forbes (or my pragmatic perspective) with all the other great stuff to talk about today? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Re Bob Myers - interesting that Harris mentioned his far reaching connections with sports agents, got to think we are getting really promoted as a destination for some of this FA crop. Forget he isn’t from a football background, his ‘people’ connections are going be to invaluable.

• Like 8