Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Harris owns two other sports franchises and has been through this twice.

He knows exactly what he needs to do.  He will be prepared.  Rest easy.

When Gibbs II was hired, they said 'rest easy'.

When they drafted RGIII, they said 'rest easy'.

When Kirk Cousins began playing good they said 'rest easy'.

When they drafted Chase young they said 'rest easy'.

I'd like to see this team get back to some form of perennial contention before I PERMANENTLY 'rest easy'...🥺

• Like 3

I guess this is the best way to describe what I'm talking about. In 2020, the Lions fired their GM and Coach in November. Here is an article from the morning of Tuesday, Jan. 5, or less than 48 hours after the season ended.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/01/05/detroit-lions-gm-coach-search/4139253001/

It says they have already interviewed 7 people for the GM spot and have interviews lined up for outside candidates that day. Now, the 7 men interviews were not currently working for other teams. So, again, maybe that just can't happen. Though I'd say it's more likely that it just doesn't happen, rather than it can't

But either way, this is the kind of thing I'm suggesting. They have cleared house during the season, started the process of finding the repayment before the final game ends and the immediately after the season are deep into the hiring process. That is the type of thing I'd like to see us do, rather than pretending we are still "evaluating" people like Hurney and Mayhew. They are done. We know it, they know it. Don't hamstring yourself by waiting just for some pointless optic. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

As I said, I don't know if you can. But most good organizations try to let their people move on when big promotions are available. So I have a hard time believing you couldn't at least start preliminary interview with people early. 

But my point again, is to start the process as early as possible. If you wait for black Monday to fire everybody and then start the process of hiring a GM, by the time you do you are going to be way behind the ball on hiring a coach. 

I agree, we should do that if it’s possible.

I’ve never seen anyone do that, so I assume it’s impossible. 4-5 GM’s get hired away from other teams’ FO’s almost every year. None of them get interviewed and hired in-season after a “head start” on the process. There has to be a reason for that, is all I’m saying. I’d be happy to be proven wrong. 

Edited by Conn

49 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I wonder if Harris announces a President of Football Ops sometime during the season, with the idea that the new Prez will immediately begin preparing for the GM search.

Who could fit that role? Sashi Brown in Baltimore would be the model. 

Bruce Arians, maybe?

Arians is 71 years old.  His best days are behind him.  Can't go after retreads.  They need to get some young blood in there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Arians is 71 years old.  His best days are behind him.  Can't go after retreads.  They need to get some young blood in there. 

And add his SB win was with who? Exactly the same Tom Brady that made BB… no thank you to Arians…. please, please for the love of God get a young up and coming GM Prez of Football Operations and HC… no retreads in any capacity FO or on the field … go outside of the box… 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 2

The hot name for GM is Adam Peters from SF, but I think some have said that he wants to stay out west.  Maybe a team with a young QB may entice him to come East.  Who knows.  Another name mentioned here was Alec Halaby from Philly.  A wiz kid in training under Roseman up there.  Here's hoping Harris, Rales, and Magic can work some real magic to get one of these guys here

1 hour ago, sjinhan said:

i want the team to get some fresh talent at GM and HC positions.  No more rethreads!    Agree with other posters 100%

Andy Reid was a “retread.”

Bill Belichick was once a retread.

Pederson (Jax) is a retread.

Holmgren in Seattle was a retread.

There are plenty of other extremely successful coaches who have moved teams.

Hell, Marty Schottenhiemer was a retread here, got fired because Dan is an idiot, then went onto team #3 and got them to 14-2! 

On the GM side, Bill Pollian was a retread twice: he built the Bills “dynasty” which granted, lost 4 SBs, then was the first GM of the Panthers, who got to the NFC championship game in year 2, and then built the Colts teams from 1998-2011.

Theres no one way to do it.  You’ve got to find the right guy for what the ownership is looking for. 

They need to Cast a wide net and look at everyone. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This right here has to be the most taken out of context response I’ve seen here in a long time… outside of BB all those above mentioned HC retreads were either SB winning HC or proven out right winners like Reid was, outside of the star, the moon and the galaxy lining up for 1 yr in Carolina RR was never a proven winner…. retreads can work no doubt, but not in most cases…. Specially when they weren’t winners in their first gig…. Out of context response for sure 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Hell, Marty Schottenhiemer was a retread here, got fired because Dan is an idiot, then went onto team #3 and got them to 14-2! 

On the GM side, Bill Pollian was a retread twice: he built the Bills “dynasty” which granted, lost 4 SBs, then was the first GM of the Panthers, who got to the NFC championship game in year 2, and then built the Colts teams from 1998-2011.

Theres no one way to do it.  You’ve got to find the right guy for what the ownership is looking for. 

They need to Cast a wide net and look at everyone. 

Yeah, don't rule people out for arbitrary reasons. 

For GM, I think I would at least interview Thomas Dmitroff and Jon Robinson. Probably not where I'd want to go ultimately, but I think they'd worth a look at least. Especially if, as pert he convo earlier, we clean house before the end of the season and can't interview current employees until after the season. 

I can't think of any retread coaches I would be interested in. Raheem Morris might merit an interview, but wouldn't want to hire him.

2 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

This right here has to be the most taken out of context response I’ve seen here in a long time… outside of BB all those above mentioned HC retreads were either SB winning HC or proven out right winners like Reid was, outside of the star, the moon and the galaxy lining up for 1 yr in Carolina RR was never a proven winner…. retreads can work no doubt, but not in most cases…. Specially when they weren’t winners in their first gig…. Out of context response for sure 

The post I referred to said “no retreads.”

I posted saying “not so fast.”

Tryst me when I tell you it WAS the context.  

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, don't rule people out for arbitrary reasons. 

For GM, I think I would at least interview Thomas Dmitroff and Jon Robinson. Probably not where I'd want to go ultimately, but I think they'd worth a look at least. Especially if, as pert he convo earlier, we clean house before the end of the season and can't interview current employees until after the season. 

I can't think of any retread coaches I would be interested in. Raheem Morris might merit an interview, but wouldn't want to hire him.

I’d absolutely give Dan Quinn a look.  Wrong side of the ball but he’s a hell of a good coach.  Just don’t like Kyle screw you in the SB.  

8 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I'm not convinced you know what "taken out of context" means. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Just clean house now and be done with it. Put anyone in charge for the last 6 games.

While that makes sense given how we feel and the current state of things, it probably doesn't make sense right now given the short week.  Harris will probably wait until the bye week, if not until after the season ends.

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

While that makes sense given how we feel and the current state of things, it probably doesn't make sense right now given the short week.  Harris will probably wait until the bye week, if not until after the season ends.

I think there is a chance something could happen on Black Friday if we get blown out. But I think its like 90% Rivera survives the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

We have two chances to can Ron and this coaching staff: Black Friday or the Bye Week.  Since we’re most likely getting boat raced on Thanksgiving, I elect to fire Paddleboat and Dust Up on Friday morning.  That gives you 9 days, until the next game @ home Vs. Miami (which might be a bigger beat down than the beat down we’ll get against the Cowboys).  You give EB 9 days to get his affairs in order, and get the team prepared.  He’ll have to be a tank commander for the rest of the season.  No more clueless paddleboat or “special” Jack twiddling their thumbs up their noses on the sidelines.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 3

You know... I had been thinking "eff it," they're all gone at the end of the season, anyway," but why wait? There's literally nothing to lose anymore. I don't even ultimately thing draft position because a decent GM will get something better with a lower pick than the clown show of this FO can get with a top-five pick.

EB wants to be a Head Coach? Let him get a head start on his audition.

• Like 1