Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Can't Think of a Witty Giant Pun

KDawg

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not big on St. Juste in general, all of his pea****ing when he’s burnt toast and the QB makes a bad throw, receiver drops it, etc. annoys the piss out of me.

But when he does play well, it’s being physical with bigger receivers as opposed to speedsters.  I didn’t like the matchup.

Absolutely agree. Yesterday was a good day to test Forbes in press / tight man on Hyatt. 6' 185 - Forbes is not going to get tossed out of bounds. Finesse on finesse. I keep saying it but my fantasy guy said Hyatt was going to burn St Juste. A pretty bold prediction for a guy with only 7 career catches, on that crap offense no less.

JDR is terrible at handling of the every aspect of the D. If he has any say in personnel then I hate that too.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Skins24 said:

Not exactly...

They only play well against us, then go right back to sucking, lol

Ok then. "Get right" for that day. Not sure how long you have been a fan... but this game, Bears a couple of weeks ago, the winless lions back in 2009. Countless other examples. This is us. It's who we are.

3 minutes ago, Passizle said:

Ok then. "Get right" for that day. Not sure how long you have been a fan... but this game, Bears a couple of weeks ago, the winless lions back in 2009. Countless other examples. This is us. It's who we are.

No, I completely agree with you!

Though I don't remember much of the actual seasons, I do remember our last two Superbowl games. At least I was alive when this wasn't the case...

Poor Sam Howell! It's Patrick Ramsey all over again. Sam getting smushed almost every play, running for his life, taking chances on throws. It's on the OL coach, the players exclusively. Sam can play but not trying to stay alive. 

Patrick Ramsey was ruined as a QB because of the same issues. They spent draft picks and treasure on the defensive line and the OL was way down the list. It's been this way for years. 

• Like 1

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Poor Sam Howell! It's Patrick Ramsey all over again. Sam getting smushed almost every play, running for his life, taking chances on throws. It's on the OL coach, the players exclusively. Sam can play but not trying to stay alive. 

Patrick Ramsey was ruined as a QB because of the same issues. They spent draft picks and treasure on the defensive line and the OL was way down the list. It's been this way for years. 

They need to run the freaking ball. What is Calihan doing right now. I would hire him in a heartbeat to develop Howell right now because he could save his body for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Blamed Howell for talking a good game in press conferences and not delivering on his rhetoric, he's not improving and should be better by now.  And he should have found his hot reads to overcome blitzes.  It's not Bieniemy's fault for the game plan because he likely just expected Howell to adjust to the blitzes as was planned out for the game-- so the adjustments in the 2nd half weren't about developing a better plan -- the plan likey was already fine but it was was about adjusting to Howell not doing his job.

Again, this isn't what i think.  I disagree with it.  But that was the gist of Mitchell's point

Brian Mitchell?  Or is there another Mitchell?

I asked because I never hear him referred to as Mitchell.  Only BMitch.  

And he’s better than Doc, but of the same vintage and still pretty stupid.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Blamed Howell for talking a good game in press conferences and not delivering on his rhetoric, he's not improving and should be better by now.  And he should have found his hot reads to overcome blitzes.  It's not Bieniemy's fault for the game plan because he likely just expected Howell to adjust to the blitzes as was planned out for the game-- so the adjustments in the 2nd half weren't about developing a better plan -- the plan likey was already fine but it was was about adjusting to Howell not doing his job.

Again, this isn't what i think.  I disagree with it.  But that was the gist of Mitchell's point

I’m with you as far how much credence to give BMitch’s takes.  It’s been abundantly clear for over a decade that he watches no tape.  He’s carved out a media gig here because of his history as a player and fans like old school guys who go off on the radio. 

He’s been in the bag for EB in a big way - ties to Andy and he’s an old school screamer and yeller.  I fully expect him to continue to point fingers at everyone but EB until all these guys get fired.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The OL is not good enough to move DLs. So unless they can "trick" a defense with scheme, they can't run the ball.

It sure seems that way. 

But most teams insist on running the ball to create some sort of tempo until something "cracks" and the RB gets a big play.

We have zero big runs. Our longest run this season is 27 yards. WHAT?!

Edited by El Mexican

It makes sense at this point to at least consider selling off some parts for future considerations. A competent GM would be doing that now. However, that will put GMRR in conflict with Coach RR, who needs to win as many games as possible to save both their jobs.

Best solution for ownership would be to let Ron go at this point, and elevate one of the coordinators to interim HC. If you have your GM ready to go, great bring him in. If not find someone you can trust to run the ship until the end of the season. There are obvious moves that could possibly be made to improve the future outlook of the roster.

On the field, the season is lost—time to move on to next year and beyond.

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No they can't.  I can want to play power forward for the Knicks all I want.  I'm not good enough.  

They're not good enough.  They can want to do it and they'll still suck at it. 

Well then we are royally screwwed bc we sure can't allow another 40 sacks.

QB gonna get injured or Ramsey-ed- 

This ****ing play. We are actually in max protect, but nobody knows who they should block. BRob absolutely fails to pick up the blitzer. The play call has Howell turn away from the ****ing pass rush? WTF would you call that? And why even play action? Nobody gives two ****s about us possible running the ball. We're completely one dimensional. Everyone knew we were going to pass. Sam does the right and only thing he can do and throws it away, but doesn't get enough on it and it should have been a pick six.

I really can't remember an offense this poorly coached here, since Spurrier. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Was watching the Eagles game last night and when they punted their first time, they had a stat showing the punters average punt distance all season and he had only punted 7 times so far.

SEVEN ****ING PUNTS ALL SEASON.

We had like 7 punts in the first god damn half yesterday.

AGAINST THE GIANTS A 1-5 TEAM.

We suck so bad.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

They need to run the freaking ball. What is Calihan doing right now. I would hire him in a heartbeat to develop Howell right now because he could save his body for the rest of the season. 

They can’t run the ball because the OL is ass at run blocking.  

What they need to do is actually employ WCO principles and get the ball out quickly.

50 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Same guy

So it’s not surprising he said idiotic things.  

gotcha.  

24 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

It sure seems that way. 

But most teams insist on running the ball to create some sort of tempo until something "cracks" and the RB gets a big play.

We have zero big runs. Our longest run this season is 27 yards. WHAT?!

Insisting on doing something you can’t do doesn’t get you offensive rhythm, it makes Tress Way punt a lot. 

5 hours ago, samy316 said:

I'm going to say something that might sound conspiratorial, but I'm not trying a conspiracy theorist here:  I think that EB knows damn well that he has no shot at becoming an HC here next year, so he's trying to audition to NFL teams as a first time play caller, regardless of the results that entail here.  I think that EB is calling games like he's auditioning for future NFL jobs, and not calling plays to help this team win games.  He's been way too stubborn and slow to adjust, to make me believe that he's looking out for our young QB's best interests.  How do you explain all the dropbacks with the slow-developing routes, with a historically awful O-Line?  Howell is on pace to match David Carr's sack total of 72 sacks by Week 12 or 13.  He's not going to survive being hit this many times, yet our pass-happy OC clearly hasn't gotten the memo to call a game where the ball gets out quicker, and to draw up quick hitters, except for that game against the Eagles.

EB is calling games like he wants to prove to the world that his scheme works, instead of trying to win games.  His scheme might work with a better O-Line and Pat Mahommes, but we have neither.  The insistence to dropback so many times is borderline unforgivable.

The year we made the playoffs under RR we were a totally run first offense with a strong physical defense. We are opposite of that now. We can't run or pass under EB. 

Just now, No Nonsense said:

Would anybody be upset with a full tank job just for the rest of this year? 

I personally wouldn't, but that's probably not going to happen.  For that to be a possibility, Ron would have to resign/be fired to get that process going.  Since he can't be fired unless Harris pulls the trigger, he's going to try to win as many games as he can.  We might look like a bad team, but unfortunately we have another 4-5 wins in us.  We play up to our competition.  Since we have pretty good teams left in our schedule, it wouldn't shock me to see us eek out 4-5 wins, and take ourselves out of the Top 10 of next years draft.  Another thing we could do to kick off the tank process is to start selling off some of our assets, including Young and Sweat by the trade deadline.  But, since Rivera HAS to win and win now in order to save his job, I don't think it's likely he would trade players by the deadline.  Even if we wanted to, why would Harris let him make moves, if he's a lame duck coach/GM?

We're stuck for the time being.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't really watched this crop of QBs that closely to have a fav yet.  As bad as the season going, I still don't expect them to be in range for Drake-Caleb.  So it would be the next tier, Penix, McCarthy, Nix,, Daniels, etc.  I've watched all of them some but haven't studied them.  My gut for the moment is this in theory looks to be a good draft for tackles, I want to rebuild this O line.  But if Howell falters, I am open to QB.  

I am not claiming I have studied them (and  even if I had Im not qualified to  do that). But I have watched at least two games of each of them. 

In the second tier I think you have to add Sanders as well. Penix is probably the best of the group - but he has injury history. I don't think any of them have a better shot at being a 'franchise QB' than Howell. I'd ride with Howell another year, get an OT high first and maybe double down with an OG 2 or 3rd depending how the board falls. 

Depends how the rest of the year goes but Howell has shown me enough for me to think he can play given better supporting cast and coaching.

16 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Would anybody be upset with a full tank job just for the rest of this year? 

Absolutely. You are harming the development of young players - and thats just not how professional sports works anyway. Everyone is playing (or coaching) for their next contract.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Well then we are royally screwwed bc we sure can't allow another 40 sacks.

QB gonna get injured or Ramsey-ed- 

The maddening thing is he doesn’t have to be.

This entire offensive system was conceived by Walsh when he was OC in Cincinnati for the reason the Cincy OL stunk.  

The premise is to get the ball out quickly to receivers on the move and treat the short pass as an extension of the run game. 

And then you work off the short routes to intermediate and deep routes just like you do in a traditional run game.  

It’s absolutely brilliant in concept and if you run it effectively, it’s damn near unstoppable with the right talent.  

What’s maddening is we could be SO much more efficient, but we’re choosing not to be. We’re trying to run too much, and take deeper shots. It’s freaking maddening.  

33 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Was watching the Eagles game last night and when they punted their first time, they had a stat showing the punters average punt distance all season and he had only punted 7 times so far.

SEVEN ****ING PUNTS ALL SEASON.

We had like 7 punts in the first god damn half yesterday.

AGAINST THE GIANTS A 1-5 TEAM.

We suck so bad.

In all fairness, we couldn't have gotten more than 7 in the first half.

Howell screwed it up throwing an INT on our other possession. 

Yes we certainly sucked so bad 

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

In all fairness, we couldn't have gotten more than 7 in the first half.

Howell screwed it up throwing an INT on our other possession. 

Yes we certainly sucked so bad 

We had exactly 7 in the first half, 10 for the full game.