Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

That’s a wrap.

The hope for this season has transformed into a need for a miracle to secure bonus football for the Commanders. As we shift our focus, let’s hope Howell can attain a middle-tier QB status in the coming season, all while being on a rookie deal.

To the dark side I go. 

PS: You must keep Chase Young!

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

We couldn’t block their interior D Line. So run on the edges! Throw some screens to slow the blitz. Use more quick game. 

It’s basics.

there were several sacks where the DL were in Howell's lap as he completely his dropback.  There was an RPO or two where the RB got tackled in the backfield as soon as Howell gave the ball away

Just now, JCB said:

Disgusting loss, one of the worst in recent memory. Which says something, given our team's misery.

It's an indictment of this regime that we have such a shoddy O line and LB corps. Fire everyone.

Too much focus has been on building the defensive line.  The modern game is different. I know I say this same **** every week but it’s the truth.  The approach to building this team has been flawed from the jump.  We are not living in 1995

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

That’s a wrap.

The hope for this season has transformed into a need for a miracle to secure bonus football for the Commanders. As we shift our focus, let’s hope Howell can attain a middle-tier QB status in the coming season, all while being on a rookie deal.

To the dark side I go. 

PS: You must keep Chase Young!

agree with your sentiment but just wanted to comment (not an attack on you personally) that this mindset of playoff football as “bonus football” instead of thinking of the regular season as the precursor to real consequential football is such a mark of a loser organization—and a fanbase used to the losing. Can’t wait for the day when the bar is higher and the lens through which we evaluate the season is totally different. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

The radio said B Rob scored from like the 15 yard line.....that he broke tackles and everything.   The announcers were all exited and I thought we were tied. 

I was watching TV so I can't be sure, but the radio usually has play call intro/outros. Maybe you heard one of those at fortuitous time?

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep. Some expected a 3-0 run against the Bears, Atlanta, Giants but instead they went 1-2.

I think at this point your 7-10 has a much better chance than my 8-9 

They may not win another game this season

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1