Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

Just now, Yng Lady88 said:

i asked EB for no cute ****. i asked us to run the ball. i asked us to kill the clock. that 1st down throw was egregious 

First down was great.  Take a shot.  Don't be predictable.

The issue was second down.  Don't run.  Throw something quick/short.  

Don't run.

NEVER RUN WITH THIS TEAM IN KNOWN RUNNING SITUATIONS.

We can't pass in known passing situations or run in known running situations.  

• Like 1

This consistent running on 2nd and long after a 1st down incompletion just shows that EB doesn’t at all pay attention to analytics, even in a cursory way. I can’t harp on it enough, it’s throwing away a down and he’s loading up on rush “attempts” in that situation. He in no way shape or form will fit with what Harris’s future GM will be looking for, no matter how good Howell does or doesn’t look by the end of the season. He’s stubborn and ignorant of extremely well-known stats in playcalling trends. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

Bro I get you're mad, but this isn't the 1970s anymore. The NFL is very much not about to let guys go back to trying to decapitate each other on the field. Too many bad optics with head injuries and player safety. The sport is what it is now, and the NFL is tired of a bunch of former players dying at 50 from TBI making the brand look bad and costing them money and PR.

It's easy for armchair qbs to say **** like this when it's not their brains being scrambled.

• Thanks 1