Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’ve done it in real life. So… no.

I think decision-making with an NFL level QB and (allegedly) offense is probably different than the level you’re coaching, understandably. I’m not going to accept that a team who gets the ball back with 1:30 on the clock shouldn’t try to drive for at least a FG, the majority of teams do it literally every week, winning or losing. You’re doing some crazy mental gymnastics right now bc Howell took those sacks rather than throwing the ball away. It’s not normal to think we should just run the clock out to the half in that situation, Howell wasn’t getting killed to that point and we’ve been getting downfield separation. A few first downs, maybe a shot mixed in, and that’s FG territory. Again—it’s not normal to think we should just be happy to get to the half there.

Just now, Conn said:

I think decision-making with an NFL level QB and (allegedly) offense is probably different than the level you’re coaching, understandably. I’m not going to accept that a team who gets the ball back with 1:30 on the clock shouldn’t try to drive for at least a FG, the majority of teams do it literally every week, winning or losing. You’re doing some crazy mental gymnastics right now bc Howell took those sacks rather than throwing the ball away. It’s not normal to think we should just run the clock out to the half in that situation, Howell wasn’t getting killed to that point and we’ve been getting downfield separation. A few first downs, maybe a shot mixed in, and that’s FG territory. Again—it’s not normal to think we should just be happy to get to the half there.

Again - it is.