Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/initial-idf-probe-hostages-were-shirtless-waving-white-flag-when-soldiers-opened-fire/

IDF rules of engagement are "shoot anything that moves". They a documented history of have taking out press, medics, and the elderly throughout the years.  If you really think that they are not treating Palestinian civilians the same..... "shoot first and ask questions later."

"They are luring us into a trap!!"

That being said, war sucks... and I have no idea what the true situation on the ground is. 

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/initial-idf-probe-hostages-were-shirtless-waving-white-flag-when-soldiers-opened-fire/

IDF rules of engagement are "shoot anything that moves". They a documented history of have taking out press, medics, and the elderly throughout the years.  If you really think that they are not treating Palestinian civilians the same..... "shoot first and ask questions later."

That being said, war sucks... and I have no idea what the true situation on the ground is. 

It’s not like they’re in a pitched battles that they may lose. Theres no excuse for taking such an extreme shoot first stance that they light up shirtless unarmed people trying to surrender.

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

shoot anything that moves is a stupid stance to take. I guess that’s how those hostages got killed.

@Riggo-toni

I don't know if the entire history is accurate, but there's a little bit of "blame the victimism" going on with that. I think the entire slogan is "From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free...".   I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Free Palestine movement.  

Right now the Palestinians don't have freedom. Not just "oh we want freedom to attack Israel".  And both sides have extreme factions with probably implied support (settlers vs. Hamas).  I think the American media downplays "Zionism" (not sure how to express slow Israel expansion) and amplifies terrorism/Hamas. Both sides practice collective punishment (terrorist rockets into Israel for settler action).

The failure to even narrow down the terms of the 2000 peacen process, the rise of Hamas (whether supported by Israel or not) and the mucky influence of other parties (Sunni/Shia sectaruan split -- Palestinians or Sunni, but Iran is Shia) have shattered the hope of two-state peace.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@Riggo-toni

I don't know if the entire history is accurate, but there's a little bit of "blame the victimism" going on with that. I think the entire slogan is "From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free...".   I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Free Palestine movement.  

Right now the Palestinians don't have freedom. Not just "oh we want freedom to attack Israel".  And both sides have extreme factions with probably implied support (settlers vs. Hamas).  I think the American media downplays "Zionism" (not sure how to express slow Israel expansion) and amplifies terrorism/Hamas. Both sides practice collective punishment (terrorist rockets into Israel for settler action).

The failure to even narrow down the terms of the 2000 peacen process, the rise of Hamas (whether supported by Israel or not) and the mucky influence of other parties (Sunni/Shia sectaruan split -- Palestinians or Sunni, but Iran is Shia) have shattered the hope of two-state peace.

The 95% of the West Bank Palestinian state included various Israeli controlled infrastructure including a highway running from Jerusalem to the dead sea.  The highway would go all the way through the West Bank and cut it into a north piece and a south piece about 2/3 of the way down.  Another Israeli enclave in the Palestinian territory would be connected to Israel through infrastructure controlled by Israel.  Gaza and the West Bank would be connected a raised highway through Israel that Israel would control.  And Israel would retain control over the air space over Palestinian land.  Plus East Jerusalem would be disconnected from the rest of the state by West Jerusalem.  

The Palestinian state would actually be 4 different territories (Gaza, East Jerusalem, the north part of the West Bank, and the south part of the West Bank), and the Palestinians wouldn't control the connections in between or any of the air space

That's not a viable state.

And that's the Israeli claim of what was offered.  The Palestinian claims are that the West Bank was even more divided in the proposal.  There was no written proposal.  It was just something Clinton described.

It is true that Arafat didn't negotiate and make a counter proposal.  He just said no.

• Like 2

Here in Montana (another four months if I can survive without commiting a felony) I've been watching the Sheehy (serendipitously pronounced "she-he", which I wish would be used as oppositional TV ad fodder by some ultra-maga meathead choosing to join the race) vs Tester race.

The trump-supporting Sheehy's ads are all you might imagine. His latest ad  avalanche (lots of $$$ in his coffers)  shows a pic of Tester (a very conservative but not all-maga nutter) shaking Biden's hand, and the narrators and headers cite several major dem legislative moves while linking the two as regular sweethearts in governing. 🙄

Now sheehy has added to the ad a header of "Hamas killing Israeli citizens" at the end with the shaking hands pic. The spoken tag line on all the ads is "John Tester and Joe Biden: too liberal for Montana." 😆

Btw, if ya want a little more on sheehy, he immerses himself in his ex-seal military background and his success as a Montana business entrepreneur building a "home grown, American-hiring  business with no links to China." 

He's also dodged local reporters questions as to how he accumulated over a quarter billion dollars of personal value in just ten years as he was being groomed and supported by deep pocket far right conservative donors/business "advisors", and receiving multiple high ticket government contracts for his companies while having longtime accounts in the Cayman Islands and having taken over $700,000 in government loans that he never paid back.

The GOP operating a well established playbook. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/B1oPgfQO8

A fierce dispute has divided the Palestinian community after Gaza's rulers, Hamas, arrested six local activists for chatting by video conference with left-leaning campaigners in Israel.

Islamist group Hamas bans all communications with Israel and last week arrested the six members of the Gaza Youth Committee on charges of "treason" and "normalization" of relations with the Jewish state.

The arrests have sparked a fierce free-speech row that has drawn in a former Gaza-based contractor with human rights group Amnesty International who had criticized the activists online.

In the two-hour call via video conference service Zoom - the latest in a format they have called "Skype with your enemy" - the participants had discussed their daily lives and expressed hopes for better leadership for both Israelis and Palestinians.

Rami Aman, 36, the founder of the Gaza Youth Committee, and the five others were detained, accused of "treason", after speaking to the dozens of Israeli activists online.

Gaza's Hamas-run Interior Ministry said that "establishing any activity or communication with the Israeli occupation under any excuse is a crime punishable by law, and is treason against our people".

ypu guys ever hear about these “normalization” laws? Does Hamas really prohibit any contact by their own people with Israelis for any reason? That seems rather insane to me. 

3 hours ago, Destino said:

https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/B1oPgfQO8

ypu guys ever hear about these “normalization” laws? Does Hamas really prohibit any contact by their own people with Israelis for any reason? That seems rather insane to me. 

For a terrorist organization that feeds on a group of peoples hatred of another group to justify itself?

This doesn't shock me at all...authoritarian governments demonize certain "enemies" to justify themselves to this day.  

Banning talking to the enemy, sounds weird, until you see something like Great Firewall of China which soul purpose is to control information going and out the country so the government can expert as much control of perception of the outside world as possible to further justify their actions.

Good luck asking someone in North Korea how their days is going.  Terrorist groups pretending to run a government using authoritarian playbooks makes a cruel amount of sense.

Mia Schem Reveals Horrors of 54-Day Captivity by Hamas in First Interview

When Mia Schem, a 21-year-old French-Israeli tattoo artist, set off for the Supernova music festival in the Negev desert on October 7, the last thing she expected was a sudden and brutal abduction that would lead to a 54-day nightmare. The nightmare involved being held captive by Hamas militants in Gaza, undergoing an excruciating surgery without anesthesia, and the constant threat of being sent ‘down into the tunnels’ if she showed signs of resistance.

Abduction and Captivity

Schem’s chilling account, given to Israeli media outlet Channel 13, provides a rare glimpse into the harsh realities of life under Hamas. She was seized from the music festival and dragged to Gaza, marking the start of a harrowing ordeal. Schem described her captivity in a household with a family, including children, painting a grim picture of entire families involved with the militant group.

Surgery by a Veterinarian

In a gruesome twist, Schem described a surgery on her arm performed by a vet, all without the mercy of anesthesia. The vet threatened to send her ‘down into the tunnels’ if she made any noise during the procedure. This horrifying episode was made public when Hamas released footage of her post-surgery, during the height of the conflict.

The Reality Behind the Propaganda

A Hamas video where Schem was forced to praise her captors stands in stark contrast to her testimony. The divergence between the propaganda and the reality of deprivation and fear experienced by Schem is stark. The young artist’s story has gained international attention, shedding light on the brutal tactics employed by Hamas.

Survivor’s Guilt

Released in November as part of a hostage swap deal between Hamas and the Israeli government, Schem expressed deep guilt for leaving behind at least 129 hostages still trapped in Gaza. She apologized for her freedom, a poignant reminder of the many who remain in the clutches of Hamas

On 12/29/2023 at 4:22 AM, FrFan said:

The Reality Behind the Propaganda

A Hamas video where Schem was forced to praise her captors stands in stark contrast to her testimony. The divergence between the propaganda and the reality of deprivation and fear experienced by Schem is stark. The young artist’s story has gained international attention, shedding light on the brutal tactics employed by Hamas.

This reminds me of all those social media accounts highlighting how happy the hostages were. It was all over twitter and TikTok. I assume much of it is actually planned out propaganda but there were a lot of useful idiots pushing the stuff too. It amazes me people can be so stupid.

• Thumb up 1

Hey everyone. 

The group looks a bit smaller than it used to be. Still some familiar names though. Hope everyone is doing well. 

It says the last time I posted was 2007 but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been quite that long. 

Edited by Midnight Judges

27 minutes ago, Midnight Judges said:

Hey everyone. 

The group looks a bit smaller than it used to be. Still some familiar names though. Hope everyone is doing well. 

It says the last time I posted was 2007 but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been quite that long. 

Were you being held hostage in Gaza this whole time or did you just randomly choose this thread? lol

welcome back! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

so they're able to precision bomb an apartment in Beirut to kill this loser....but they carpet bomb all the buildings in Gaza and indiscriminately kill children/civilians?

How will they reduce the Gaza population to 100,000-200,000 with precision bombs?
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-12-31/ty-article/100-200-000-not-two-million-israels-finance-minister-envisions-depopulated-gaza/0000018c-bfe8-d6c4-ab8d-fffc0b910000

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Destino said:

Were you being held hostage in Gaza this whole time or did you just randomly choose this thread? lol

welcome back! 

Ha! 

I dunno didn't feel like starting a whole thread just to say hi. I remember you though. You used to be pretty moderate IIRC. 

Looks like there aren't too many Republicans here these days. Did they all run off to truth social or whatever?