Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

52 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Want to believe they have enough evidence to prove this...Bibi basically would have to be careful which country he visits as they help send him to The Hauge...

Meh. I’m sure they have enough evidence. 

the problem is it’s sort of a joke. Israel doesn’t sign onto the ICC. Neither do we. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Muslim countries are not going to turn them over. 

We already have US senators that went threatening letters about this. 

my bet is dog and pony show that means nothing. I’ve been saying for a while the whole thing is a joke - guess here’s the chance to see if I’m right or wrong. 

My bet is this will have the same result as ES collectively issuing warrants for their arrest. 

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Meh. I’m sure they have enough evidence. 

the problem is it’s sort of a joke. Israel doesn’t sign onto the ICC. Neither do we. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Muslim countries are not going to turn them over. 

my bet is dog and pony show that means nothing. I’ve been saying for a while the whole thing is a joke - guess here’s the chance to see if I’m right or wrong. 

My bet is this will have the same result as ES collectively issuing warrants for their arrest. 

If you only find value in folks being arrested, I can see why you feel that way.

This is far as the existing process is allowed to go, but it does establish that an International body has enough evidence to press for charges of war crimes versus folks jus debating on the Internet.

These accusations have different level of validity now, even if there's still not enough teeth to put them in jail.

Bibi has a thing with going to different countries to make his case...that list of countries he's welcome to do that is shrinking.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tshile said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure there will be a show vote, to expell the UN from the US.  

The Republicans love to threaten that, every few years. 

GWOT part 2.0

One side is calling for the annihilation of the Jews.  The other is calling for the annilihation of Hamas and actually annihilating "Hamas" as in a lot of men and women and children, who we have no idea are actually Hamas.  

Let me just throw this out here.  I know it is apples and oranges.

December 5, 2001, the United States formed an Afghanistan government.  Less than 3 months after 9/11.  December 9, 2001, the Taliban collapsed.  By this metric, Israel is doing a really horrible job of getting rid of Hamas. 

We invaded Iraq in March 2003, deposed Saddam in April and established the Coalition Provisional Authority in May. 

Again, apples and oranges... but shouldn't we start to question how effective they ace at "destroying Hamas"?  An enemy that they have known about.  Right in their backyard?  

Sure. United States had allies there.  But so does Israel.  THEMSELVES. Just take over the WB and Gaza and try your best to run it democratically like America.   One state it under the UN (or unilaterally) until Palestine gets their act together.  Try to actually do them good and you will do yourselves good.  This is what America did, as best as possible... 

Stop bombing them and run the country...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

GWOT part 2.0

One side is calling for the annihilation of the Jews.  The other is calling for the annilihation of Hamas and actually annihilating "Hamas" as in a lot of men and women and children, who we have no idea are actually Hamas.  

Let me just throw this out here.  I know it is apples and oranges.

December 5, 2001, the United States formed an Afghanistan government.  Less than 3 months after 9/11.  December 9, 2001, the Taliban collapsed.  By this metric, Israel is doing a really horrible job of getting rid of Hamas. 

We invaded Iraq in March 2003, deposed Saddam in April and established the Coalition Provisional Authority in May. 

Again, apples and oranges... but shouldn't we start to question how effective they ace at "destroying Hamas"?  An enemy that they have known about.  Right in their backyard?  

I think that has been the point Biden has been trying to make to Israel. They aren’t listening though.

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Sure. United States had allies there.  But so does Israel.  THEMSELVES. Just take over the WB and Gaza and try your best to run it democratically like America.   One state it under the UN (or unilaterally) until Palestine gets their act together.  Try to actually do them good and you will do yourselves good.  This is what America did, as best as possible... 

Stop bombing them and run the country...

I think the problem with your plan is that there are other countries like Egypt and Iran and other powerful actors like Hezbollah that would probably have a military reaction to Israel unilaterally annexing Gaza and Westbank, even with the promise of democracy. They give no ****s about democracy.

And there is zero chance the UN will vote to give Israel control over those two areas. Why would they? Israel has “governed” parts of West Bank in the past and currently but they haven’t been equitable.

• Thanks 1

@CousinsCowgirl84

Read a little bit here:

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/gaza-israel-occupied-international-law/

I would argue the only way to effectively destroy Hamas is to effectively rule, occupy, take over Gaza. Israel is trying to have its cake and eat it.  It displaced 85% of 1.7M people in Gaza.  They have effective control of Gaza. 

Why are our politicians not pointing out the obvious in way I did?  Because they cling to their partisan/biased talking points.  Our "politics" is an endless, stupid PR campaign.  

And does Faisal hate Israel because they are Jewish or because they killed half of his family?  Why is this never a consideration either?  Should Israel never be asked to win their hearts and minds?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

@CousinsCowgirl84

Read a little bit here:

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/gaza-israel-occupied-international-law/

I would argue the only way to effectively destroy Hamas is to effectively rule, occupy, take over Gaza.

Should Israel never be asked to win their hearts and minds?

So you honestly think annexing Gaza and the West Bank will win hearts and minds?

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So you honestly think annexing Gaza and the West Bank will win hearts and minds?

If it it means the Palestinians will get Israeli citizenship and same level of access as everyone else in the country, eventually.  One state would be sharing the land, but idealistic considering Israel is showing it doesn't want to do this.

The real having their cake and eating it to is right in our face expanding their settlements while blocking Palestinian sovereignty.  Israel is showing they want the land but without the Palestinians in it.

Without significant outside investment an independent Palestine would be a dilapidated third-world country prime for sabatoge from the Iranian proxy groups.

I respect the Afghanistan and Iraq examples, but Iraq is borderline a proxy state of Iran now and Taliban took back Afghantain. 

Can't just acknowledge their sovereignty and leave them for dead, a more disconcerting allegory would be Haiti.

Even Israeli trying to prop them up by themselves is mistake US made with Iraq and Afghanistan...the world is talking a good game but needs fo shown up on what they pushing for once its done.  Splitting Sudan in half now looks stupid because now instead of one country in chaos there's two.

I hate to say this, but it feels like worst case scenario is inevitable...Israeli will own being a pariah now having the military capability to defend itself from its neighbors.  What's happening in Gaza will eventually happen in the West Bank. 

If their neighbors are ready to make reconciliation deals with them as part of accepting this, good luck getting sanctions on them to slow them down.  FAFO Israel feeds off "them against the world"...

Edited by Renegade7

Posted (edited)

I feel like Biden’s legacy will be impacted by the Gaza crisis and most of the country either thinks he's doing too little or too much to help Israel. he can't win bitter minds any way who are already convinced he is "genocide Joe" 

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Confused 1