Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Michaels claims to have never eaten a vegetable

Cooked Crack

Al Michaels is an American institution.

I have no problems with it (even though i think veggies can be delicious), but it’s gotta take a lot or work to not ever eat any vegetables. Harder even than being vegan. Like, ffs, a Big Mac has lettuce on it. No pasta with tomato sauce?* No pie?

*Tomatoes are botanically a fruit but legally a vegetable. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Al has never had a potato?  I call bull****.

Who has never had a french fry in their whole life?  

Mashed potatos?

Like wtf does this dude eat at Thanksgiving?

He's NEVER had a ****ing salad?

Dude goes to a steakhouse and gets no sides?

So many questions!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it defies belief. I just can't believe this actually true.

I can see two possibilities. One, he believes it's true even though it's clearly not. 

Two, he's in on the joke. If you replaced Al Michaels with Norm Macdonald and filmed the bit over again this would make total sense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

48 years old and other than some serious struggling as a child from my parents and a couple times as an adult that I've tried to (unsuccessfully) eat a vegetable I too have never eaten vegetables. 

It's literally been a topic of discussion my whole life, at family gatherings and any social event where the topic comes up.

I've had people ask me how I'm still alive.

I have absolutely no idea what the cause is, whether it's physical or psychological but any time I try to eat a vegetable I gag and choke it back up.

If I hold my nose I can get them down but who wants to do that every time they eat.

According to my parents I wouldn't even eat vegetable baby food of any kind.

No idea why but after 48 years I'm pretty certain it'll never change.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Who has never had a french fry in their whole life?  

Mashed potatos?

Like wtf does this dude eat at Thanksgiving?

He's NEVER had a ****ing salad?

Dude goes to a steakhouse and gets no sides?

So many questions!

If you count tomatoes and potatoes then I've eaten plenty of vegetables, I don't like eating tomatoes but I love spaghetti sauce but it's probably all the sugar that changes the flavor.

Potatoes, my God I love Potatoes in almost all their forms but whenever the subject comes up and I mention any of that stuff I'm told tomatoes are a fruit and potatoes are a starch.

I also like cucumbers, I don't eat them often enough but whenever the subject comes up that's the one vegetable I will eat.

Bottom line is i don't eat any of the things anybody considers a traditional vegetable and it's been a topic of discussion for a half a century.

I always tell people I eat like a 12 year old who kicked over a vending machine.

Very ironically both my children love vegetables, my youngest likes them more than anything else, he'll pick Brussell sprouts out of the garden and pop them in his mouth raw, go figure.

• Thumb up 1

I could believe someone going quite a time without ever eating a serving who's main item is a vegetable.

But never eaten a soup of any kind?  Never a hamburger with pickles or onion?  (Or ketchup?). No meat loaf?  

I really doubt there's anything Mexican, Chinese, or Italian that's completely free of vegetables. No green or red peppers or chilis for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

52 minutes ago, Larry said:

I really doubt there's anything Mexican, Chinese, or Italian that's completely free of vegetables. No green or red peppers or chilis for you. 

And its at this moment I realized I'd be more miserable not eating vegetables then not eating meat.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

If you count tomatoes and potatoes then I've eaten plenty of vegetables, I don't like eating tomatoes but I love spaghetti sauce but it's probably all the sugar that changes the flavor.

Potatoes, my God I love Potatoes in almost all their forms but whenever the subject comes up and I mention any of that stuff I'm told tomatoes are a fruit and potatoes are a starch.

I also like cucumbers, I don't eat them often enough but whenever the subject comes up that's the one vegetable I will eat.

Bottom line is i don't eat any of the things anybody considers a traditional vegetable and it's been a topic of discussion for a half a century.

I always tell people I eat like a 12 year old who kicked over a vending machine.

Very ironically both my children love vegetables, my youngest likes them more than anything else, he'll pick Brussell sprouts out of the garden and pop them in his mouth raw, go figure.

So isn't that more like you don't eat vegetables you don't like?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

It's really a shame because if you cook them correctly, vegetables are ****ing delicious.  Too many people have this perception of veggies being gross because they ate them out of a can or jar when they were little.  If you actually get fresh veggies and don't go out of your way to **** them up, they rock. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

So you have never eaten vegetables, but you have eaten vegetables.

I'm guessing Al Michaels is in the same boat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 1:51 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

It's really a shame because if you cook them correctly, vegetables are ****ing delicious.  Too many people have this perception of veggies being gross because they ate them out of a can or jar when they were little.  If you actually get fresh veggies and don't go out of your way to **** them up, they rock. 

Yeah, but i think that dousing them in butter doesn't really count and probably counteracts whatever good those veggies are doing for you.  Anyone that's said to me "Try these brussel sprouts, they're amazing," quickly has followed that up with "they've been cooked in butter and/or bacon grease."  No one can tell me that they like plain brussel sprouts, they're disgusting.

I absolutely hate veggies by themselves but I can't have a burger without lettuce and tomato.  I'm convinced that every great salad I've ever had has been great because of some tasty dressing, not because of the veggies involved.  IMO, veggies are usually wonderful when they're involved with something else and not the main character of a dish.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1