Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Michaels claims to have never eaten a vegetable

Cooked Crack

Brussels sprouts are awesome. Loved them since being a kid. 

artichoke is also great

kale. Kale sucks. Anyone who says it’s like spinach is a liar and cannot be trusted. 

also the stuff people substitute cauliflower for things and then pretend they didn’t are not to be trusted either. No, it doesn’t taste like mashed potatos. It tastes like mashed cauliflower. It’s not even close. If I wanted mashed cauliflower, I would have asked for mashed cauliflower. Asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

also the stuff people substitute cauliflower for things and then pretend they didn’t are not to be trusted either. No, it doesn’t taste like mashed potatos. It tastes like mashed cauliflower. It’s not even close. If I wanted mashed cauliflower, I would have asked for mashed cauliflower. Asshole. 

I’ve been served cauliflower rice before, and it tasted like betrayal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

Kale sucks. Anyone who says it’s like spinach is a liar and cannot be trusted. 

Kales ok. It's spinaches less crunchy cousin. Honestly I'm not eating either for the taste more for the vitamins and minerals. 

Pizza with a cauliflower crust is delicious. 😋

50 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I love how this thread became "spout off about random vegetables to anyone who will listen."

Fruits > vegetables 

fight-me-come-at-me-bro.gif

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I’ve been served cauliflower rice before, and it tasted like betrayal.

That’s because it’s made by traitors 

I think I might like vegetables more than fruit. 

I understand that makes me weird. I’m ok with that. 

• Haha 1

growing up I always remember buttered corn. man. corn on the cob isn't the same without that butter. 

best vegetables just off the top of my head 

corn 

broccoli is good they always put it in Chinese food too so beef and broccoli, sometimes in general tsos. never understood why kids don't like it. 

carrots 

peas 

okra especially fried 

eggplant parm 😍

Brussel sprouts are okay. spinach too. don't really try kale. 

• Thumb up 1

The cooking book I read, which has high ratings, says the stocks of broccoli have more flavor than the florets

now I personally checked it out and agree but my pallet is trash and I don’t trust it. 

but thought I’d share. Most people seem to cut off and throw away the best parts 🤷‍♂️

Vegetables are awesome, along side a protein and starch. 

Kale though, I just can’t do it.  My wife gets that kale salad from chick-fil-a and it’s hard for me to even select it in the app.  Healthy, shmealthy.

As for cauliflower rice, it’s definitely not fooling anyone.  However, I make several different variations of fried rice on the Blackstone and tend to go 2/3 actual rice and 1/3 cauli rice and the fam knows no different.  Below is my favorite summer edition, lemon pepper chicken and summer veg fried rice with hot honey drizzle.

IMG_3485.jpeg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don’t mind cauliflower on its own. We steam it like broccoli 

it’s when they say “cauliflower mashed potato’s” and it’s like - there’s no potato in here, you’re a liar! It’s just mashed up cauliflower. 

it’s not cauliflower rice. It’s small chunks of cauliflower 

awful ****ing vegetable can’t exist without stealing other foods’ names 

on that note if you don’t steam your vegetables ur doing it wrong (in my opinion) 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

I have been testing vegan options so had cauliflower rice a few months ago. it was okay. chickpea pasta too which IMO is too mushy. Needs the gluten to taste proper.

I also have a rice cooker. sometimes I steam broccoli in that or mixed vegetables but IMO the best is using the pan to heat them.

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

on that note if you don’t steam your vegetables ur doing it wrong (in my opinion) 

Depends on the vegetable and what you’re making. Also, while I like steamed broccoli, I like it better when I take that steamed broccoli and finish it in whatever I’m using to deglaze the pan.  

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I think I might like vegetables more than fruit. 

I don’t believe you. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Fruit is just vegetables plus sugar, so it’s kinda cheating. It’s like putting bacon on other meats. 

Fruits are the better tasting plants. Even the ones that aren’t all that sweet. Avocado, tomatoes, and peppers? Fruits. Beans? Also fruits. The list is long but the end result is clear fruits > leaves.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Destino said:

Fruits are the better tasting plants. Even the ones that aren’t all that sweet. Avocado, tomatoes, and peppers? Fruits. Beans? Also fruits. The list is long but the end result is clear fruits > leaves.

That's because fruits are flowers not leaves. 🤣

Thinking about it more i haven't had brussel sprouts in probably a decade. Y'all say they genetically modified them to taste less bitter? How recently science achieve that?

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

That's because fruits are flowers not leaves. 🤣

Thinking about it more i haven't had brussel sprouts in probably a decade. Y'all say they genetically modified them to taste less bitter? How recently science achieve that?

I think the switch happened at some points in the 00’s. 

• Thanks 1