Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Michaels claims to have never eaten a vegetable

Cooked Crack

13 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

On topic we have these "organic" brocolli florets from costco which are bland as ****. I put them in chickpea pasta the other day and the experience was rather forgettable. I still have like 5 bags of them so need to find a way to flavorize them big time. Perhaps throwing salt on them and drenching in soy sauce will do the trick.

Cut your losses and toss 'em!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm going to be honest I was looking over some Giada recipes from a cookbook last night and I was highly interested in some of the vegetable lasagna entrees. I like those better than the meat lasagna.

Agree. 

Stuffed shells Florentine is great too, and not too difficult...just watch your timing on boiling the shells so they're even a tad less than al dente...you have to put em in the oven after stuffing em.  The stuffing is a source of moisture, and you'll end up with a big pile of mush if the shells can't hold up.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:52 PM, ixcuincle said:

I have been testing vegan options so had cauliflower rice a few months ago. it was okay. chickpea pasta too which IMO is too mushy. Needs the gluten to taste proper.

It works well in a baked mac and cheese.

Though that wouldn't be vegan.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thumb up 1