Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Atlanta Week Six Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

The thing we have going for us this week is we can (and will) probably play that same scheme to stop the run and keep the QB in the pocket and force them to beat us with their arm. Thing is, I have my doubts that Ridder is anywhere near the talent of Allen or Hurts or Fields. He's better than Dobbs but I question his accuracy. So its probably a good gameplan. 

• Like 1

27-14 

Washington 

team wakes up one game than struggled next Sunday against NY

17 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Another young QB with basically one WR in London.  Anyone see a theme.  No Forrest back there on a defense that's already bad.  This defense is going to get torched again

Forrest been kinda iffy this season, he was playing better imo at strong safety last year but I’d like to see what Martin and butler can do. 

40 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Another young QB with basically one WR in London.  Anyone see a theme.  No Forrest back there on a defense that's already bad.  This defense is going to get torched again

I'm starting London in fantasy this week (first time all year) for that reason.  It's going to be an ugly game for the defense and I have a feeling that (FINALLY) there will be some accountability for their poor play.  Perhaps JDR loses his play-calling duties or is fired, but either way if we lose this game, there will be a major shake up of some type.

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Plus Kyle Pitts and Bijan Robinson. This is an offense with skill position players with elite potential. They have a good D as well.

I'm not a fan of Ridder, his inconsistency is what holds the Falcons back IMO.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:13 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Desmond will not finish the game, either due to poor play or an injury. Taylor will finish the game and get his revenge on Ron.

Desmond/Taylor 31

Sam 23

On 10/5/2023 at 11:50 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ridder will not finish the game. He will

either get benched for performance or suffers an injury. Taylor will come and get his revenge on Ron and give Falcons the win.

Desmond/Taylor 31

Sam 23

Did you really have to post this twice?  Within 3 hours of each other?  

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Plus Kyle Pitts and Bijan Robinson. This is an offense with skill position players with elite potential. They have a good D as well.

I'm not a fan of Ridder, his inconsistency is what holds the Falcons back IMO.

Add Van Jefferson to the mix who will probably go off after getting traded to ATL.  The Falcons have an explosive offense with a ton of potential.  Against a good defense, they can be contained.  Against a bad defense like this, they will probably have a field day

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1

The thing about this week that is unlike the previous ones (Hurts and Fields) is that those two were borderline first or top ten first round QB talent when drafted with known arm strength and accuracy and athleticism. There was just questions of the risk of what else. 

But Ridder is the opposite. He dropped because he doesn't have the arm, or the accuracy of the athleticism of them (though he has some). So there's a chance. London is also not on the level of the guys who have beat us before. 

So while this could be a coming out party, it could be more if a battle of wits. 

Can't get much worse than last game.  I think they'll play better out of a combo of necessary adjustments and not wanting to be embarrassed again/redemption.  It's a toss up for me -- Falcons are good at home, 9-3 the last 12 games.

CommandSkins - 20

Falcons - 27

Edited by Probos

Before the season started, I suspected this would be a kind of "trap game" for Washington, after they had dominated Chicago the week before.  In my mind, Washington would come in overconfident and lose by a narrow margin to a scrappy Atlanta team's ball-control running game.

At this point, I expect Washington is taking this game very seriously -- and Atlanta will face a highly motivated Washington team, seeking to re-right their season.

That said, Atlanta (except for Ridder) matches up well against Washington and is well coached.  The game is going to come down to how well Howell is protected to keep running his short-to-medium passes, and how quickly the Washington defense can get off the field.  I see this more like a low-scoring game, not too many explosive plays (unless a DB slips before tackling.). If it gets down to kicking, I get worried about Slye.

"Prediction" --- My heart says Washington 27, Atlanta 19 ... but my head says Atlanta 23 Washington 20 --- assuming turnovers, penalties, and good special teams play are evenly spread.  

Edited by Wyvern

Even bottom feeders Arizona and Denver mostly marched up and down the field against our defense. I’m expecting more of the same. Atlanta has a very solid O-line. I think the players have lost some faith in this coaching staff, and realize that they are all lame duck at this point. I suspect we will start hearing that old cliché… ‘They’ve lost the locker room’. Howell will put up some yards in trash time again, but it won’t nearly be enough… 27-17 Atlanta

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

is anyone going to the game?? 

23 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

I predict, after 10 days to get ready following a super stinker, if the D gets blown up again someone gets fired! Someone named Jack to be specific. 

He will not be replaced.  there is literally no one in his place to call plays outside of rivera who has the experience 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

is anyone going to the game?? 

He will not be replaced.  there is literally no one in his place to call plays outside of rivera who has the experience 

I may be wrong but I dont see Ron firing Jack, if his hand is pushed he will say then fire me too. Just my impression of their relationship.

• Like 1

I don't have any strong reason too, but I'm gonna predict a win here.

I think we will look a lot better than last week and ATL will look worse than their previous outing. That was us near our worst and ATL near their peak.

ATL does not historically get the most out of their best Offensive assets. That bodes well for us.

They also run the ball a ton. The less they expose our secondary problems the better.

I'm not confident in this prediction, or in my own O or D for that matter, but I just have a feeling I guess.