Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Bears are retaining Eberflus. They are full of stupid.

I don't think they are stupid.  Their defense has been lights out.  He calls that side of the ball.  They. have been. playing really well.  No reason the fire him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Why do people think Pats are going to fire their coach.  

That’s the rumor that’s been floated out by “people in the know”. 

But I’ve heard a few variations of it. They’re going to fire him completely is one. Fire him as GM and keep him as HC is another. 

Who knows. I know the New England fans are ready to move on, though.

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

I don't think they are stupid.  Their defense has been lights out.  He calls that side of the ball.  They. have been. playing really well.  No reason the fire him.

I agree. It looked rough for awhile but they’ve turned it around nicely. They are lacking offensive weapons.

I think they should trade their pick and not worry about QB but the 5 year rookie QB contract is intriguing. 

• Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Again, pretty sure there are 140 Ws from our opponents, 141 from theirs. 

If we tie, they win the second leg of the tiebreaker. 

So we need 3 of 6 to go our way to keep the stats quo. 

I ran the numbers myself and you are correct.

To simplify and explain the Tankathon picture:

ATL/NO is worth 2 stars and we are rooting for NO.

PIT/BAL is worth 1 star and we are rooting for PIT.

DEN/LV is worth 1 star and we are rooting for LV.

CHI/GB is worth 1 star and we are rooting for GB.

HOU/IND is worth 1 star and we are rooting for IND.

We need any combination of 3 stars. So a Saints win and any one of the other games going our way, OR three of the other games going our way.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

I would definitely be in the crowd that would not be butt hurt if Bill was hired as the next coach for this team. I do realize I am in the minority on that opinion but proof is in the pudding. It wasn't all Tom that won all those rings. They were a well managed and well coached team for decades. That being said if the next boy wonder exists we need to find him because BB is getting long in the tooth.

Yeah, Saints/Falocns is huge if we both lose. There's only 6 things that can effect things and that's 2 of them right there. 

If New Orleans wins, we need one of the other 4 games to go our way. If Atlanta wins, we need 3 of the other 4.

Good news is its in New Orleans and they are paying better right now. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I feel as though all this qb talk that’s making me scroll through pages upon pages could be in the draft thread 

11 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Or I dunno, follow rules

This thread is about what pick and who to pick at that spot. The draft is titled comprehensive where one is breaking down the player in more depth and their value in the draft. It is okay if there is a little crossover. Like Flash crossing over to the Arrow. :)

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Looks like Fields jus shredded again today...

Im not buying the slam dunk of getting rid of him, either.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That’s the rumor that’s been floated out by “people in the know”. 

But I’ve heard a few variations of it. They’re going to fire him completely is one. Fire him as GM and keep him as HC is another. 

Who knows. I know the New England fans are ready to move on, though.

I agree. It looked rough for awhile but they’ve turned it around nicely. They are lacking offensive weapons.

I think they should trade their pick and not worry about QB but the 5 year rookie QB contract is intriguing. 

Imagine this Bears team adding Payne, MHJ, another top 10 pick, with their 2nd back and two 3rds. If I were them, I’d happily swap with us for Payne, the 2nd or 3rd pick overall, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, Saints/Falocns is huge if we both lose. There's only 6 things that can effect things and that's 2 of them right there. 

If New Orleans wins, we need one of the other 4 games to go our way. If Atlanta wins, we need 3 of the other 4.

Good news is its in New Orleans and they are paying better right now. 

I don't even know how Atlanta has that many wins with the QB sitch they have. They also stink and their coach is a stubborn bonehead. NO will take car of business.

21 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yep. Huge props to Eberfluss for turning it around after being on the verge of being fired when they played us. Sweat has noted how much better the culture is there than here. I do think they need to look at upgrading Getsy

1 hour ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I really didn't think anyone could be worse than Snyder and here comes Tepper saying hold my beer

Imagine the fans who stopped being a fan of this team, ended up picking a new team and that new team happened to be the Panthers.

Also, I only got your joke just now. Tepper literally said hold my beer.

Edited by dyst
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Looks like Fields jus shredded again today...

Im not buying the slam dunk of getting rid of him, either.

Me either. Fields just keeps getting better and he is currently playing in the show while doing it. Sometimes its better to invest in what is tangible based on evidence.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, dyst said:

Imagine the fans who stopped being a fan of this team, ended up picking a new team and that new team happened to be the Panthers.

They'll quietly sell their panther gear on marketplace and sneak back in in a couple years

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Me either. Fields just keeps getting better and he is currently playing in the show while doing it. Sometimes its better to invest in what is tangible based on evidence.

If they do put put they going Caleb, I want to hear what the asking price is for Fields.

There's no way not to sabotage themselves if they do because first question regarding value would be "why are you replacing him then?"

QBs like Murray and Fields absolutely I'd pull the trigger for on a 2nd rounder if that will get it done, ours is damn near a first rounder from a value standpoint so should get it done.

6 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I would definitely be in the crowd that would not be butt hurt if Bill was hired as the next coach for this team. I do realize I am in the minority on that opinion but proof is in the pudding. It wasn't all Tom that won all those rings. They were a well managed and well coached team for decades. That being said if the next boy wonder exists we need to find him because BB is getting long in the tooth.

I hear you and can see it happening, but not because I think he can turn it around. Per se

I think the nfl will rig it via ref ball so that he can become the most winningest coach of all time sometime in the next 2 years

After that's accomplished, in his 3rd year he will miraculously win the superbowl to be the first to win it with 2 teams.

It makes for to great of a story for the nfl to turn down.

If Bill comes here I doubt he would go qb. He would probably bring in a vet qb and trade down and select nabers.

If it's any older coach I'm thinking they trade down for draft capital and bring in a vet qb, to try to restock the talent pool and win now.

I dont like that idea and would rather have a slowic or ben Johnson type, but I would be happy with the dc from Baltimore as well. I think any of these would draft their qb maybe trading up to #1 to get him, and strap themselves to that pick.

If Macdonald can hit on a rookie first round qb then that duo would be nasty and would allow us to build an offensive coordinator tree just in case they were hired off to be head coaches. This is probably my favorite of all the options