Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

I know the 49 ‘ers are going to curb stomp us next weekend but I’m worried about the Cowboys being locked in to the best wild card spot (playoff seed #5), having nothing to play for and benching a bunch of their starters against us the last week of the season.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I know the 49 ‘ers are going to curb stomp us next weekend but I’m worried about the Cowboys being locked in to the best wild card spot (playoff seed #5), having nothing to play for and benching a bunch of their starters against us the last week of the season.  

We need to have some "injuries" to starters the next two weeks. Simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

That’s why I’m rooting for the Lions to beat them this Saturday (we’ll, any WAS fan would have done that anyway but I digress). No way McCarthy rests his starters and limps them into the playoffs with a 4-game losing streak (Buffalo, Miami, Lions, and then us). Provided the Lions beat them, they’ll look to correct themselves against us and try to enter the post-season on a strong note.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

I never want my team to lose, but we have a horrendous HC, a terrible DC, and a GM who has put together a head-scratcher of a roster. Happens to be the same person. Chances are their backups will look amazing against us.

16 hours ago, mac8887 said:

Daniels is a throw 1st qb. He keeps his eyes down field and goes through his reads. Especially this last year at lsu. They said he has worked very hard on that. But I like them both. Hope we land one of the top 3 without having to trade up

Let me rephrase my position. I want a QB who is very accurate on all throws, if he can run that's a bonus. I see Daniels' strength as his mobility.  He is very accurate on deep throws, as was RGIII, but not so much on other throws and lacks the velocity to fit it into tight windows.  That concerns me.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Does Tankathon’s SOS factor in teams you haven’t played yet?  Or are they factored in as well.

And does it count division teams once or twice?  I assume twice.  

If it doesn’t factor in until you play the games, we got 2 10+ winning teams on our schedule the next 2 weeks and that’s going to make our SOS MUCH higher when they are factored in.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dyst said:

Swinging and missing is fine as long as the swing isn’t debilitating and the miss doesn’t make you gun shy. 

The 49ers had Garrappolo, then traded a bunch for Lance and quickly pivoted to Purdy. 

The Eagles had, Bradford, then Foles, then Wentz and then Hurts. They just kept trying.

The issue IMO isn’t “making the mistake”, it’s not quickly moving on from it.

The Eagles gave up nothing on their tries that I can recall

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Let me rephrase my position. I want a QB who is very accurate on all throws, if he can run that's a bonus. I see Daniels' strength as his mobility.  He is very accurate on deep throws, as was RGIII, but not so much on other throws and lacks the velocity to fit it into tight windows.  That concerns me.  

Your right about the accurate deep ball, over the last 2 years he's completed over 70% of his passes in both years, he might not be as accurate short or midrange but if your completing over 70% that's pretty telling, and I haven't seen or heard anyone other than you question his arm strength. Iike drake maye to but they say he can be inaccurate sometimes as well. The good thing with drake though is they say he is legit at going through his progressions and gets through them fast. That's an awesome trait that you normally don't see until they have been pros for at least 2 or 3 years, and it's something Sam definitely struggles with. I like caleb, drake, and daniels. At first I was all in on drake, then after watching daniels I really liked his deep ball and elite speed. Now I'm thinking if caleb is as good as the pundits are saying then you gotta go up and get him. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision, and I really hope whoever does will make the right one

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Does Tankathon’s SOS factor in teams you haven’t played yet?  Or are they factored in as well.

If it doesn’t factor in until you play the games, we got 2 10+ winning teams on our schedule the next 2 weeks and that’s going to make our SOS MUCH higher when they are factored in.  

Does this help?

image.png.11b5f617f20db3e2988e53e654034c32.png

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

At least their website claims the SOS factors in the 17 game opponent / schedule. 

But that still allows for 34 results in the final 2 weeks. And when you’re talking a close SOS,  every result will count. 

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was wondering the dame thing. NE and Wash would probably swap places if upcoming games  haven’t been added in yet 

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

The Eagles gave up nothing on their tries that I can recall

Then you recall incorrectly, they traded Foles, a future 2nd and swapped 4th/5th round picks to get Bradford (who they would later trade at a profit to the Vikings). 

Then they made multiple trade-ups to get in position to take Wentz, even when Bradford had been good enough to be valued at a 1st round pick + by the Vikings. Then hedged with Hurts a couple years later, even when Wentz was thought to be the next big thing. 

Basically you couldn’t have picked a worse team to argue “gave up nothing” because they were always willing to give up assets to try to get it right at QB, and just never stopped, even when it looked like they had a hit.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

That’s why I’m rooting for the Lions to beat them this Saturday (we’ll, any WAS fan would have done that anyway but I digress). No way McCarthy rests his starters and limps them into the playoffs with a 4-game losing streak (Buffalo, Miami, Lions, and then us). Provided the Lions beat them, they’ll look to correct themselves against us and try to enter the post-season on a strong note.

That's the worst thing to root for, 

If Dallas wins, they will have a shot at the division when they play us. Either Philly beats Arizona and Dallas will need a W and a Philly L to win the division (with how NY just played them, it's certainly possible they take them at home). Or Philly loses to Arizona (oh please, oh please) and Dallas wins it by beating us regardless. 

What you're talking about might have them leave their starters in for a half, trying to get some rhythm, But they could sit a lot of their players and not really care if they win. 

I'll be pulling for Dallas against Detroit like I basically never root for them 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

I want Dallas to win against Detriot, too. 

If they have no serious shot at the division, I can just see Dallas playing at half speed like the did during the last game last season.  And it didn't effect how Dallas played the next week in the playoffs.

Ron crowing after the game about how this team didn't give up against the mighty Jets, and how proud he was of their performance was pathetic enough.  Ditto Ron's jab at the fans for being wrong for rooting for losses.   

But I can just imagine him desperately wanting to end his coaching career with a win so he can in his own sad way try to sell in his post game presser that its proof that this team is headed in the right direction. 

It amazes me how Ron in season 4 is acting like this is season 1 of an expansion team.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Picking #3 is great. We don’t have it secured yet but I’d take it. At least the Pats have a chance to beat the Jets in Week 18 and Belicheck will want to end with a win, surely, as much as Rivera. 

We really need the Cards to upset the Eagles or Seahawks. That would guarantee us #3 and would open the door wide for us to get to #2. 

Even if we end up picking #4, Jayden a Daniel’s or JJ McCarthy (if he declares) would not be bad picks. It would ultimately depend on whether the Cards go MH at 2 or reset with Maye. If they go Maye then Pats at #3 would likely go QB. That would be a worst case for us, and that would still likely give us a choice of Alt/Harrison/Fashanu

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

What you're talking about might have them leave their starters in for a half, trying to get some rhythm, But they could sit a lot of their players and not really care if they win. 

With their offense and our defense, a half of good football is all they need. I’m more convinced breaking a losing streak going into the playoffs is important to the HC.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

It wouldn't shock me if the Cards beat the Eagles or Seahawks. Eagles have been playing poorly and were kinda lucky to beat the Giants and I could see the Cards trying to beat the Eagles for Gannon(former Eagles DC, he's gonna want revenge since he was kinda scapegoated for their SB loss). And they host the Seahawks in the finale who might not have anything to play for(and even then, the game is in Arizona and the Seahawks barely beat a bad Titans team on the road).

I actually think there is a better than 50% chance we finish with the #2 pick.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1