Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

6 hours ago, method man said:

A reason the Dolphins are so good is because of the treasure trove of first rounders they got from the 9ers as they moved up to take Lance. If we can get to #3 or #4, hopefully a similar opportunity will be there

Didn't Miami also trade a stud LT to the Texans?  As I recall, Miami traded all of their good players away for draft picks and rebuilt the team from ground up.  A couple of totally awful years and they were set for the long term

13 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Depends on which Tankathon you're referencing. The one posted in here that wasn't updated with all the games, or the one that is on their website. now?

This one posted today

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

After Allen's popping off on the Junkies today, I really hope we could flip him for a high pick. I wonder if a bottom of the first contender would be willing to take Allen for a low first?  The draft is finiky.  Unpredictable.  A complete crap shoot.

If you're picking 25-32 in the first, you're a good team that possibly wants to win now.  

Allen would be an immediate contributor, you wouldn't have to pay his signing bonus, and he'd probably be super motivated. Known commodity vs. unknown.  

It would be wonderful for this team to have another first round pick, even a low one. I'd take a high 2nd, but if you're a team drafting high in the draft order, you probably want rookies more than veterans....

8 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Giants Uncommon Opponents: Raiders, Packers, Saints

Commanders Uncommon Opponents: Denver, Chicago, Atlanta

I'd say there's a pretty good chance the Raiders Packers and Saints end up with better records than the Broncos, Bears and Falcons

So I have to assume Giants will likely hold the tie-break over us if we finish with the same record, which seems likely. 

If their opponents ended up with a better record, we would win the tiebreaker over them.

At the moment, each group is collectively 16-20. So the Giants slight edge in that tiebreaker must be because we have lost one more game than them (since we are an opponent of theirs and they are an opponent of ours). So very up in the air. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

In all honesty I was excited when the opener kicked off. By the 2nd quarter I literally said to my wife "same old crap team".  

I knew they would suck in preseason..1st Offense WR's weren't getting open against 2nd and 3rd string Defenses nor could the Offense score TD"s against them..

16 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I knew they would suck in preseason..1st Offense WR's weren't getting open against 2nd and 3rd string Defenses nor could the Offense score TD"s against them..

I knew they would suck this year way back in 2001. After the towers fell I had a vision of a man named Wylie wearing the number 71. It’s tormented me for decades

Edited by Conn
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

After Allen's popping off on the Junkies today, I really hope we could flip him for a high pick. I wonder if a bottom of the first contender would be willing to take Allen for a low first?  The draft is finiky.  Unpredictable.  A complete crap shoot.

If you're picking 25-32 in the first, you're a good team that possibly wants to win now.  

Allen would be an immediate contributor, you wouldn't have to pay his signing bonus, and he'd probably be super motivated. Known commodity vs. unknown.  

It would be wonderful for this team to have another first round pick, even a low one. I'd take a high 2nd, but if you're a team drafting high in the draft order, you probably want rookies more than veterans....

Is Allen still being pissy and doing his angry guy routine? 

Just now, peanut0862 said:

So if we end up at 4 what would we have to give up to move to 1  or 2? Would it cost us another first or would our 2nd this year be enough?

Definitely not. One important thing people are forgetting, is that there are plenty of teams behind us that may be a QB away who might trade 3 firsts to move up if Chicago or Arizona doesn't take a QB. Teams like Atlanta, Minnesota, Seattle. It will definitely cost multiple firsts to move up regardless of where we are at. 

1 hour ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Definitely not. One important thing people are forgetting, is that there are plenty of teams behind us that may be a QB away who might trade 3 firsts to move up if Chicago or Arizona doesn't take a QB. Teams like Atlanta, Minnesota, Seattle. It will definitely cost multiple firsts to move up regardless of where we are at. 

You can add Jets and Tampa to that list as well. 

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really hope we could flip him for a high pick. 

If you can get a low first round pick for any player on this team, you DO it. Trade Allen, Payne, Terry, it doesn’t matter. These guys are older and you might as well get younger and faster. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, PlayAction said:

Didn't Miami also trade a stud LT to the Texans?  As I recall, Miami traded all of their good players away for draft picks and rebuilt the team from ground up.  A couple of totally awful years and they were set for the long term

Yep. Got an absolute haul for Tunsil. A couple 1sts for an above average but not elite OT. It really was just one lean season in 2019 at 5-11. People forget that Flores then went 10-6 and 9-8 before McDaniel got there

Chris Grier and team did a fantastic job building a fantastic roster via the draft and FA. Getting McDaniel, Hill, Waddle and the backs has put it over the top