Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve posted a ton on that exact subject which was  I think Ron goes 8-9 and ultimately loses the fan enthusiasm. But it’s tough for a new owner to just fire someone after 5 games.  even Dan wasn’t that quick on the trigger 

We're not winning 8 games if we can't beat the Bears.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

people will be amazed how much more fun it will be to root for a young, scrappy rebuild that is coached well and built by a competent GM. We won’t even miss all of this veteran “talent” that’s been disappointing us for years, if they do a fire sale. 

I know Id still much rather watch a bad young team thats rebuilding than middling ones trying to entrench themselves in the middle 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

Only 10 rushing attempts all game?!?! WTH?

Shut up you.  

That wasn’t the problem.  

The 10 rush attempts better 18 yards.  The rushes were drive killers.

The offense started to click when they realized they could pass on these jabronis and let Howell fling it.

Howell was not the problem.  Hell, the offense wasn’t even the problem, really.  

The defense being WORKED for the entire first half was the problem.  

Howell passed for 388 yards and 2 TDs. 37 of 51 for 74%

We were so far down so quickly, we did what we had to. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I really think there is no better time.  This is essentially a bye - Fire Ron and JDR and say peace to his FO, hand the reigns to EB and grab your popcorn.

This guy whined for years about how the fans suck and then they show up only to watch a curb stomping by the worst team in the last 730 days.

As you know I’ve beaten Ron up a ton and would kill to see him gone.

But I don’t think there is any chance Harris is firing Ron after 5 games 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Sam and the offense are playing well enough to win games. Not GREAT but good enough. Sam’s playing some good football - he’s got a future in this league.

The defense is giving up over 30 points a game. The defense with 6 first round picks that was supposed to carry water while a young QB found his feet is dragging the whole team down.

Yep!  So many fans want to blame the offense, but my God it was 17-0 in a blink of an eye.  From the your in hurry offense the rest of the game.  

This is one of those losses that most fans are kinda going to check out.  This team needs to be rebuilt.  

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The offense has not played well enough over the course of an entire game at all this season except last week. They've had one good game and two good halves(tonight and Denver). They still only ended up with 20 points tonight which is below league average and WELL below what a garbage defense like the Bears was giving up.

The defense is horrendously bad, but the offense isn't that much better. 

the offense has also been limited to coming from behind against the Bears and Broncos and Bills

playbook is limited when you're digging yourself out of holes cause by Forbes 166lb frame getting manhandled every second play 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I wonder what Magic Johnson is thinking after this game tonight.

that he can’t wait to stop being associated with such losers 

we are going to hire some studs y’all. Harris, Magic & Co. are going to be able to sell the hell out of their vision to whatever GM candidates they want. And then all of them will do the same to their top HC candidates 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve posted a ton on that exact subject which was  I think Ron goes 8-9 and ultimately loses the fan enthusiasm. But it’s tough for a new owner to just fire someone after 5 games.  even Dan wasn’t that quick on the trigger 

Norv had a playoff team immediately preceding the year he was fired to help protect him.  Ron's playoff year was the 2020 season

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Why do people want to watch the post game?

Reporter: What would you like to do differently, coach.

Rivera: Win the game.

There, I saved you ten minute of Rivera Rabble. The man is useless on all fronts, fire his ass now.

• Like 2