Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

The Eagles offense is very good.  Their OL, WRs, and TEs are all top shelf.  They are going to score and make it look easy doing it.  What the defense has to do is get some take aways.  Preferably ones that turn into or can easily be turned into points.  One drive where the defense looks bad isn't a concernt.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is why I think they should let both a young and sweat walk in the off season.  They’re both fine.  But they need to spend resources elsewhere and this DL just hasn’t done what it needs to do consistently.  Too many assets in a unit that flashes but not consistently.

If they were dominant game after game I could ride with it. But it’s just been flashes. Mostly good play but greatness doesn’t come enough to justify crazy money for that unit 

2 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Paper tiger defense.  Nothing has changed in four years.  All those first round draft picks and they still can't play consistently strong against really good competition.  I blame JDR and his staff for this.  No surprise there. 

They'll come out and have a good game against the sorry Bears and then all the media will be singing their praises again like they're some real force to be reckoned with.  Book it.  

I feel bad for the offense.  

I hear you but think its foolish to give JDR the only chance with all those studs we have been drafting up front.  I blame JDR who is far too predictable and passive.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Every stream sucks today and I might have to go to the bar to watch. 

I wonder how long EB will be able to call a game like the first drive, before EB tells him to just start throwing every down.

This particular one is holding up for me: https://streameast.app/nfl/washington-commanders-philadelphia-eagles/20914816

At some point you have to look past all the talent infusions and skill-sets and start asking questions about the DC who can only dominate bad teams. For me that point was about 2.5 years ago. I can’t wait to see all this ballyhooed talent with another playcaller next year. Someone with balls. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

If they were dominant game after game I could ride with it. But it’s just been flashes. Mostly good play but greatness doesn’t come enough to justify crazy money for that unit 

That’s exactly what I’m saying.  They’re not good enough to pay them.  As a group, it’s not good enough.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2