Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

But that wasn't there. There was no clear "sliver of green" between his toe and the turf. If anything, his toe was right on the line, probably just a touch over it. It looked to me like it was touching the line. 

It wasn’t. His toe was in

its ****ing Terry! He knows where his toes are

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

That's a good question. Be tough to do, since you're not suppose to step on people, but I guess so.

Nope. It would be called out of bounds. Which is why the defender becomes part of the ground when determining in bounds. Does not determine if player is down.

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard him say yet.  Like the worst by far.

The defense was gassed and demoralized.  The offense was running on adrenaline.

What a stupid decision and stupid reasoning for said stupid decision.

He is out of his mind 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

Pretty sure the ball is spotted at the 2yard line.

The question was, if you don't trust your offense from 2 yds, what's the point?  If you don't trust your offense from 2 yds, you kick it - hence the answer is the point is 1.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I would've gone for it. In that moment, it felt like defeatism, playing for OT

I was at the game here in ATL when Shanny did it, we lost, and it sucked.  (I was yelling "Free Football"!!!)  :ols:

Sam has no quit in him, I'm extremely happy about that.  Kid didn't give up with FIVE SECONDS LEFT.  We've just gotta get the defense to ****in' do what they're supposed to ****in' do.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The offense's solution to gaining a single yard was to run TE sneaks. Only way I think going for 2 would have worked this game is if they had done a shotgun draw play with Thomas lined up as the HB.

You do the te play direct snap

to howell fake the short run up the middle and run a qb sweep with howell

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The offense's solution to gaining a single yard was to run TE sneaks. Only way I think going for 2 would have worked this game is if they had done a shotgun draw play with Thomas lined up as the HB.

You do the te play direct snap

to howell fake the short run up the middle and run a qb sweep with howell

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dark Acre said:

What if there were enough downed players out of bounds that you could leap down several and then come back in at the goal line?

I bet there’s a king fu football movie where they’ve already done this. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dark Acre said:

The question was, if you don't trust your offense from 2 yds, what's the point?  If you don't trust your offense from 2 yds, you kick it - hence the answer is the point is 1.

I mean what’s the point of even showing up to the game. Like what’s it’s all been for? Why have you coached a team for 4 years and then when you have a chance to win, you pass?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

10 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

You absolutely contradicted not going for two with your reasoning to not go for two.  Like perfectly argued against it. 

Not sure about that.

The attempt for the two point conversion gives you less odds on a 50/50 play. It's one and done.

The overtime scenario gives you a series of attempts (offensive and defensive) to secure a victory.  We were up by in the first half and tied at the end of regulation.