Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

3 minutes ago, Rhazaghul said:

So no blame laid at the feet of the defense for giving up a scoring drive coming out of the half or any of the breakdowns they had the entire game?  The offense did struggle a bit in the 3rd, but hardly are the reason this game was lost.

they held them to a field goal.  The kind of greatness most people ask for on Ds is rare as hell now days

• Like 2

Just now, tomwvr said:

So we get playoff games for showing up now?

This coaching staff isn't going back to the playoffs and if they do, they'll be one and done. This isn't that season.

But there is a ton to build on and we're mostly a good team with a QB. Our next coaching staff will have us competitive year one.

• Like 3

Folks.

You don't go for two. You secure the chance to go to overtime for the win. 

With our makeshift offensive line and are ineffective defense, we remained in the game and completed the final drive with 5 second on the clock.

That said, I believe Terry was in bounds.   And even without that play we had a chance to make the stop on the following possession in overtime.

We got beat by a better offensive and defensive line.  Looking forward to seeing them again.

• Like 5

Just now, Dissident2 said:

In no universe does that call get overturned. None. If they'd called it complete, that would've stood, too. It sucks, but that was not a "we got screwed" call. At least not by the refs. Maybe by god, but not the refs. 

Refs should always have to call those complete and let review overturn it. These refs sucked today - ealges false started 4-5 times never called 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I'd rather take a beating like Denver last week than to lose like this.  Oh, and this defense is wayyyyy overrated by the way 

I realise that it's the emotion of the game talking, but I'm sure that if you were honest, you would rather be competitive in a game than lose by 50 points.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I think Our OC will be our next head coach

He’d damn well better be. Have you considered how many good offensive minds we’ve let leave and become head coaches elsewhere? It’s a long list. And we did it to hang on to mediocre head coaches. 

• Like 5

Just now, dc1 said:

Folks.

With our makeshift offensive line and are ineffective defense, we remained in the game and completed the final drive with 5 second on the clock.

That said, I believe Terry was in bounds.   And even without that play we had a chance to make the stop on the following possession in overtime.

We got beat by a better offensive and defensive line.  Looking forward to seeing them again.

You absolutely contradicted not going for two with your reasoning to not go for two.  Like perfectly argued against it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Stop ****ing running Robinson with no other blocker back there. Is there no such thing as I-Formation anymore?? We kept that FB dude Amrah on the roster, ****ing use him...

When did you last see the I in the NFL? Or College for that matter?

I do wish we’d bin that sweep out of the gun though, it takes too long to develop and I think Robinson is better running towards the line not laterally. 

3 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

A loss is a loss no matter how close.

Yeah a loss sucks- probably didn’t word that appropriately.  I’m talking more holistically vs final outcome.  We had that in the bag, away, against a top team.  I’m saying this team is nothing to sleep over and we are a contender.  No one expected us to be in that game and we were literally a play or 2 from a good win.  I will take that (our play, not outcome) against a top team every week.  

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

Folks.

The bolded part is EXACTLY why you go for two. You had 'em on the ropes and decided to leave it in the hands of the judges instead of delivering the knockout blow. Yeah, it's all hindsight, but that to me was the clearest path to victory. And if they'd gone for it and not made it, I would be OK with that. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Destino said:

He’d damn well better be. Have you considered how many good offensive minds we’ve let leave and become head coaches elsewhere? It’s a long list. And we did it to hang on to mediocre head coaches. 

oh yeah, smart guy?

Name SIX people we've had on the staff at the same time who would've been amazing coaches here but we let them go.

Oh, you can only name five that we had on staff at the same time?  That's right, now sit down and apologize for making me type this!

😩

• Haha 3

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

100% they could have kept said he landed on his arm and that was in bounds

As explained above, there have been various plays in the NFL where a player lands on the body of another player after a catch, and he isn't ruled down. He has to touch the turf himself.