Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Very exciting to finally have a QB who has IT.

Very disappointing that he’s saddled with a FO and coaching staff who very obviously doesn’t have anything close to IT.

He’ll have to start with another new staff all over again next year, keeping what he’s learned at least, thankfully—he’ll be okay, but I hate that it has to be that way for him. 

I think Our OC will be our next head coach

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have a QB going forward regardless. He showed A LOT today. Bounced back from a disaster of a game and played very well. Orchestrated a game tying drive in under 2 minutes with a couple of dime throws. I would almost hate to see Rivera gone if it means Sam loses EB. A couple of pieces on the OL, a true game changing TE, a real first round talent CB and this team could be really dangerous next year.

• Like 2

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

You'll take a loss every Sunday. Are you kidding me or did you write that poorly?

Wrote that poorly haha- I will take that game though given what we saw last weekZ. I don’t think many expected us to win but to play as close as we did against one of the best teams in the nfl with a couple misqueues shows that we are not far off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Are you kidding?

Eagles are another super bowl contender we almost ran out of over time with in their house.

I'm speaking more to that game also being sold out...this team earned my respect even if they didn't earn the win...

My biggest takeway here is we finally have a QB, j can put that concern to rest after last week. Hurts didn't impress me today, Howell did.

Agreed. I was so pissed all week after that Bills blow out, but today was a good respectable game against a great team and we took them to OT.

These are the kinds of games I expect us to have this year. 

Howell is legit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Agreed. I was so pissed all week after that Bills blow out, but today was a good respectable game against a great team and we took them to OT.

These are the kinds of games I expect us to have this year. 

Howell is legit.

Terry was inbounds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rhazaghul said:

So no blame laid at the feet of the defense for giving up a scoring drive coming out of the half or any of the breakdowns they had the entire game?  The offense did struggle a bit in the 3rd, but hardly are the reason this game was lost.

Yeah they were a big reason too.

Probably the biggest reason. 

But the offense going basically 3-out twice to start the second half didn’t help the defense.  

Then they didn’t help themselves.  

1 minute ago, dunfer said:

Terry was in bounds

In no universe does that call get overturned. None. If they'd called it complete, that would've stood, too. It sucks, but that was not a "we got screwed" call. At least not by the refs. Maybe by god, but not the refs. 

• Like 4

31 points on offense without a short field, on the road, against a good team. No turnovers. That’s good. 

Surrendering 31 points without much of a short field, other than a few bad punts, and with no turnovers by your offense? That’s rough. 

Still I think we were a Mclauren toe inbounds away from winning this one. 

• Like 6

Just now, clskinsfan said:

We have a QB going forward regardless. He showed A LOT today. Bounced back from a disaster of a game and played very well. Orchestrated a game tying drive in under 2 minutes with a couple of dime throws. I would almost hate to see Rivera gone if it means Sam loses EB. A couple of pieces on the OL, a true game changing TE, a real first round talent CB and this team could be really dangerous next year.

They could grab a guy from the KC front office to be GM and let EB be HC. I was thinking about it this morning and, besides Ben Johnson, there aren’t a lot of must have offensive minds out there

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

I simply cannot believe that Ron decided to play for overtime. You got a shot there to finish them off. We just moved an entire field in about a minute to score a TD...all the momentum on our side. And or defense got cooked left and right in the second half.  Such a scared move.

He is not the man they like to say he is at all. He gambles in only the dumbest of times. There were multiple times this game where he had a chance to put it away by being just a bit more aggressive. Overtime shouldn’t have happened but give them the ball back? I mean there is not better time to show a fake punt then against a Super Bowl contender. 

Terry's toe was so close, great throw by Sam but they picked on Forbes all day and we didn't adjust.

It would have been nice to steal one of these last two but we have little to no big play ability on offense and our defense is just meh, not bad but not good.