Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

Fire the ****ing long snapper, tired of this ****............He had too low ass snaps on 2 of Tress Ways ****ty punts. They were ****ty because of the snaps.  

Tell EB to come use some better ****ing run plays, we ran Robinson with the same ****ing run play over the RG 3-4 ****ing times. 

Move Rodriguez up to the #2 RB as soon as he returns from his illness. Done with Gibson.

• Like 1

Not usually interested in "moral" victories. But this is different. Shows the team has heart coming back from a **** game. They took one of the best teams in football to OT in thier house. And it was a vital next step fo Sam Howell. He showed he can lead this team. Please FO, get this guy an Oline!!!  This team could be dangerous! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Veretta83 said:

they aren't gonna catch ****.  A Rivera led team puts fear into literally no one.  

Are you kidding?

Eagles are another super bowl contender we almost ran out of over time with in their house.

I'm speaking more to that game also being sold out...this team earned my respect even if they didn't earn the win...

My biggest takeway here is we finally have a QB, j can put that concern to rest after last week. Hurts didn't impress me today, Howell did.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well damn.  

That’s unfortunate.

Immediate takeaway:  they blew the entire third quarter offensively with 2 useless short drives banging their head on the wall.  And then you can’t go 3-out to start OT.  And the biggest issue was a bad running play on first down.  

Overall, much better effort.  Could have won the game.  

The Eagles are the better team, but we can play with them.  

MUST beat the Bears and Flacons the next 2 games .  

So no blame laid at the feet of the defense for giving up a scoring drive coming out of the half or any of the breakdowns they had the entire game?  The offense did struggle a bit in the 3rd, but hardly are the reason this game was lost.

I simply cannot believe that Ron decided to play for overtime. You got a shot there to finish them off. We just moved an entire field in about a minute to score a TD...all the momentum on our side. And or defense got cooked left and right in the second half.  Such a scared move.

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I am still a bit shocked that "riverboat" didn't go for two and the win. That was clearly the best shot we had to pull this out. And it would've been a huge statement win. Having to slog through overtime knowing how that garbage script was going to play out was painful. 

Three and out? Of course. Who didn't see that coming? Throw in a "within millimeters" game-changing call. 

Then a crap punt by Tress to top it all off. 

Their guy? Perfect all day, If their third down pass had been incomplete, I still think they would've kicked it and he would've made it. That kick would've been good from 60+. 

Great game from Howell, though. That was a big positive. Tough day for Forbes, but I'm not giving up on him. I like his heart and emotion out there at least. 

• Like 2

Just now, justice98 said:

I mean, last 3 games: 33, 30, 34 given up on defense.

I'm not putting that score on the defense last week. The offense was complete trash and giving their opponent short fields with constant turnovers. The defense kept us in the game last week against a damn good opponent. The offense was just completely inept. Today the roles were reversed. This team just can't put together a complete game on both sides of the ball.

1 minute ago, Welsh Redskin said:

A season away from being a playoff franchise. Moments of real quality but still lacking in certain places. 

Will be interesting to see if Ron stays if we do follow this inconsistent trajectory or do the new owners go in a new direction. 

Twist for me, there’s been a ton of these close calls in his tenure, eventually results have to start mattering more and Ron has shown us all over a decade + what he is and what he produces

Just now, Conn said:

Very exciting to finally have a QB who has IT.

Very disappointing that he’s saddled with a FO and coaching staff who very obviously doesn’t have anything close to IT.

He’ll have to start with another new staff all over again next year, keeping what he’s learned at least, thankfully—he’ll be okay, but I hate that it has to be that way for him. 

This might be my Andy Reid bias, and I fully admit it, but I like EB.  I think he’s also going to improve as a play caller.  But I love the offense in general.  

I kidof hope no matter what EB or another Reid offensive disciple is here so Sam doesn’t have to learn a 3rd offense in 3 years.  

Ron and everybody else can go fishing in the Mississippi.  But I like EB.

• Like 1