Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

Just now, petey hodge said:

See how we kill our own drives with consecutive panic passing downs after having 2nd and 4?

Theyre loading the box and run game hasnt done much this half. We need to take shots. All our points came in drives where we hit a big pass play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Darn it!!!

I love the step up by SH.  But Terry would have brought that down.

Our line is collapsing.  Hopefully we can get a stop and push/run the ball down for a score.

We are still in this 

Need a sack, turnover, something. 2 games in a row with minimal sacks.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Defense needs a stop.  And not just a JDR special of giving up a FG and counting it a stop.  

Like an actual stop.

Agreed.  We needed that coming out of the half too.  We didn't get it then and I don't think we will get it now.

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

This could get ugly quickly

I told my son that it would be par for the course for Philly to just drop 20-30 unanswered points on us this half.  

Ain't nothin' changed with this team.  Yet.   Offseason is coming...

It’s interesting how the gameplan and balance was so much better early. It’s now getting to a point where it almost looks like he’s panicking and pressing with playcalls. Quick hitters, runs, screens and a shot to keep them honest is the recipe.

• Like 2

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Getting away from the passing concepts that worked in the first half. Much less quick hitters and scripted plays. Letting the Eagles D line impact the game now.

What changed at Half-time? We saw something that was working and chose to mix it up?

I think we felt with the eagles loosing their best corner  they would pick apart the defense but the oline cant hold up to do that

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Getting away from the passing concepts that worked in the first half. Much less quick hitters and scripted plays. Letting the Eagles D line impact the game now.

What changed at Half-time? We saw something that was working and chose to mix it up?

It changed before halftime. Giving them that FG was huge. 

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s interesting how the gameplan and balance was so much better early. It’s now getting to a point where it almost looks like he’s panicking and pressing with playcalls. Quick hitters, runs, screens and a shot to keep them honest is the recipe.

He needs to cross that slow sweep out of the gun off the play sheet. It’s getting eaten up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Wylie he looks like he’s playing better today but when he gives up a sack or has a key penalty they seem to happen at key points in the game 

Reddick has fallen off a cliff and the Eagles DEs aren't great. Sweat is okay and Nolan Smith hasn't popped yet.