Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 3 - The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

2 hours ago, bluelight05 said:

Full disclousure,  I am a Bills fan. 

The Devil Is Not Welcome Here Devil Is Not Allowed Here GIF - The Devil Is Not  Welcome Here Devil Is Not Allowed Here Bad Boys - Discover & Share GIFs

:P

J/k.  Welcome to the board.  You will be treated well as long as you're not an ass hat.  :) 

The fan mix will be interesting.  Bills Mafia probably bought up a lot of tickets when they were made available before the sale of the Commanders went through.  So I expect there to be a good number of Bills fans in the stadium.  

If this game took place next year, I would expect SIGNIFICANTLY less.  

• Haha 2

Jets defense is more comparable to our defense then the Raiders defense. While Allen also can make plays out of bad situations, so can Wilson and I don't see that happening to us two games in a row. Buffalo has put up some decent defensive numbers but they also played two of the worst offenses in the NFL. So far, we also have shown we don't go away and our defense has made at least 6 big plays already compared to last year when we made less than 1 per game. While many of these numbers could be flukes (we are only 2 games in), I don't think they are. The last time we started 3-0 was also the last time we won a playoff game. If we are actually good (something that we haven't seen around these parts for years), we will likely win this game by a Tuddy in Q4. What scares me the most would be if we needed a FG to win and get the opportunity at clutch time (well, we do have an all-pro holder which helps). 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

What scares me the most would be if we needed a FG to win and get the opportunity at clutch time (well, we do have an all-pro holder which helps). 

Every FG we have lined up for this year I picture Manu from Necessary Roughness trying to snap the ball to Paul Blake holding for Lucy (Kathy Ireland) during her kicking tryout.  Ball just rolls back there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Devil Is Not Welcome Here Devil Is Not Allowed Here GIF - The Devil Is Not  Welcome Here Devil Is Not Allowed Here Bad Boys - Discover & Share GIFs

:P

J/k.  Welcome to the board.  You will be treated well as long as you're not an ass hat.  :) 

The fan mix will be interesting.  Bills Mafia probably bought up a lot of tickets when they were made available before the sale of the Commanders went through.  So I expect there to be a good number of Bills fans in the stadium.  

If this game took place next year, I would expect SIGNIFICANTLY less.  

Thanks.  I live in arlington FWIW.  I think the commaders are a respectible team but The Raiders went into Denver and won by a few.  so did the Commanders.  Then the Bills blew the Raiders out.  I expect the Bills to take care of business Sunday.  I respect being 2-0 but the Cardinals and Broncos are bottom 10 teams.

1 hour ago, bluelight05 said:

Thanks.  I live in arlington FWIW.  I think the commaders are a respectible team but The Raiders went into Denver and won by a few.  so did the Commanders.  Then the Bills blew the Raiders out.  I expect the Bills to take care of business Sunday.  I respect being 2-0 but the Cardinals and Broncos are bottom 10 teams.

Your argument is spot on, outcomes vs common opponents helps but that will be week old info by game time. Plus, every team matches up differently. I do feel that the Bills are a better overall team and SHOULD win, but heart/grit/mud/chutzpah/hunger and luck all come in to play on Sundays. Expect a little bit of optimistic homerism on this board. Redskins respected but also fed upon Bison

Prediction:

Buffalo 22

Wash 24

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluelight05 said:

The Bills are so over rated. Your crappy defense should be a decent test for our offense, but that buffoon yall have playing QB who leads the league in picks the last 3 years is gonna get wrecked. 

You got manhandled by the QBless Jets and then blew out the Raiders and you want to talk about Denver and Cards? They're all bottom 5 teams. 

Our defense is better than the Jets.

Go lose a Superbowl. 

22 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

We might get our butt kicked.

Shut up dude, there's a Bills fan trying to trash talk in a classy way in here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

This game features RR vs his old buddy Sean McDermott which adds incentive on both sides. Commies will have to play turnover free football and force a couple out of Allen which is possible. IF our defense shows up early we have a chance to control the ball and stay in the game til we wear them down in the 2nd half.

In what should be a very tough game....

Wash:    26

Buffalo:  24 F

4 Joey Slye field goals and a defensive TD wins the game with Slye kicking the game winner on the last possession. Josh Harris stays undefeated.

A couple of things to consider for this weekend's game.

1. It could be a very very rainy few days, with a sloppy field, poor judgement of cleat length, and how many Bills fans infiltrate the stadium.

2. Defense. Will Del Rio {Del Taco to me } call a conservative game to not lose, or will he get aggressive and creative in the play calling? i know, Del Rio and aggressive play calling in the same sentence!! Just doesn't sound right to me, but it will be the difference in the game. Allen needs to see ghosts from kick-off on, but I fear that the defense will be baited in by Allen and they will be guessing all game, trying to play 'not to lose'. Young will have a couple off sides penalties from hard counts. 

Part 2 of the SuperBowl re-match will end up with the Bills on top, my guess is 

Billy-Bob Bills      29

Sally's Manders  22

The handicap I have on this game revolves around Eric Bieniemy.

What wrinkles will be introduced that nobody, including the Bills, have seen yet?

More creative screens?

Some new run concepts?

Dotson breakout?

This whole thing revolves around the offenses' ability to keep the ball away from the Bills offense.

My guess would be ball control and try to win the time of possession, but I also won't be shocked if we air it out either.

I still think we get to 30+ points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Knowing Terry he means it honestly I guess in part because it’s not a team they typically play. But the line is bulletin board material 

That quote is fake

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Bills are so over rated. Your crappy defense should be a decent test for our offense, but that buffoon yall have playing QB who leads the league in picks the last 3 years is gonna get wrecked. 

You got manhandled by the QBless Jets and then blew out the Raiders and you want to talk about Denver and Cards? They're all bottom 5 teams. 

Our defense is better than the Jets.

Go lose a Superbowl. 

Shut up dude, there's a Bills fan trying to trash talk in a classy way in here.

Yeah, like they haven't really looked like world beaters at any point, lol.

"Take care of business" 😂

The entire league has taken care of them for the majority of their existence. A few good seasons and no hardware doesn't really impress me. Certainly not for any of them to come in here talking like that 😂

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bluelight05 said:

Breh yall lost to Zach Wilson lolol

• Haha 5

Josh Allen loves to **** up. Our defense is looking like a clear top 5 unit. Our DL vs their OL is such an overmatched fight for them. Allen finna toss 3 picks easy.

Milano is the only guy on their defense worth a ****. Zach Wilson put points on them. Wow, you blew out the Raiders. What a huge win.

Our offense is starting to click and Howell is a baller. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

Rare misstep by Terry.  Come on Terry, not even Hamlin?  Terry better be open by several steps all day next week. 

Hamlin probably won't be playing. 

If our defense is as good as we think and hope, I don't understand all these high scores people are giving the Bills. They virtually have two weapons on offense. Josh Allen and Diggs and a better than average defense. They can get beat. 

Edited by No Nonsense

We’re a team with a lot to feel excited about but we’ve nowhere near arrived.

Super Bowl contender with top QB: 30

Team rebuilding into a functional organization: 24

Sam has two turnovers that lead to scores and Josh Allen overwhelms our D. We get a late TD to make it close and show some good flashes. Sam continues to look promising but with some really bad plays mixed in.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff