Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

6 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Never change folks..Never cha...

Actually,  it would be nice to wait until the 4th quarter to share the doom and gloom.

80% sure that there is a 60% chance we will win this.

I think most people assume we’ll still come back and win this game. The negativity you’re witnessing is the people who fooled themselves into thinking this was going to be a 10+ win team, having their alternate reality turn to dust before their eyes against the worst team in the league. That doesn’t mean there’s nothing to salvage or that it’s all doom and gloom—we just likely aren’t some Cinderella story that everyone slept on going into the year. Which most of us knew.

As expected by more realistic people, the QB is young and will make mistakes, the OL is trash, the TE position is bare unless Turner turns out to be good, the D is overrated and has fatal flaws that teams can exploit, and the coaching staff is average at best. 

But the people who thought we were going to be good? They’re going to be PISSED. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5

Sloppy FG to end it, but I'm amazed and glad that after that horrific fumble turned TD, that the O came out and just drove it. Young QB, 40 seconds, 1 TO, and you get close to the EZ and come away with 3. Instead of tucking tail and going into the locker room, you cut the deficit and try to regain some momentum.

EB is already a difference maker.

• Like 5

Criticisms:

Howell has to protect the ball and look defenders off. He’s locking in.

OL has to protect the young QB.

Not drafting high end OL talent to protect and nurture the young QB is a mistake.

Logan Thomas can’t catch. 

Throwing too often for a young QB. Control the game with the run. 

Defense struggles on the edge.

Positives:

Howell has a rocket and is fearless.

Guys are running open.

D is stout inside and in coverage. 

Dotson, Samuel, McLaurin and Turner look legit. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

One hell of a two minute drive from Howell there. He has looked like a rookie in this game. A very arm talented rookie. But a rookie non the less. 

Which is basically what he is.

Hes shown he can play though - he’s making plays.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I thought we'd be able to run the ball more against this team.  I know the OL isn't good, but this team's DL isn't good.   F we end up with 70 yards or so on the ground from our back, I think we'll lose.  This is where it might help to have one guy that is the guy and let him get in rhythm.

• Like 1

I am not thrilled with Howell's first half, but I think it is what it is going to be from time to time, with really what is his first year under center.  But you have to respect him not giving up and getting that FG. He has a very bad memory, and you have to as a QB.  I am okay with him. I think they will settle down in the second half.

• Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

The people who were obsessed with Heinicke must LOVE Howell, right? He’s all moxie with way more talent and balls 

Probably not. If Howell makes a few more mistakes we’ll hear how Heinous would have won this game.

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

I am not thrilled with Howell's first half, but I think it is what it is going to be from time to time, with really what is his first year under center.  But you have to respect him not giving up and getting that FG. He has a very bad memory, and you have to as a QB.  I am okay with him. I think they will settle down in the second half.

I mean, has he been that bad? He's had a couple of bad passes, but plenty of good ones. INT was a tipped ball. Fumbled was definitely on him. 

I think he looks like what he is: a very talented player who's still very new to the NFL and is starting his 2nd game ever.

• Like 1