Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

I hope the team isn’t panicking like the board is.

We were down 32-13 Friday night in our game. We were playing on our half of the field the entire game. Fourth quarter we came back and won 39-38. Lots to clean up. But we didn’t panic, we kept calm and we won. Let’s see if this team has that same attribute.

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

Could be worse. I'm watching the Steelers/49ers game and the Steelers have 1 yard of offense and it's almost at the half. As subpar as we've looked the Steelers have looked godawful. Pickett hasn't even been close on his throws.

The 49ers are Super Bowl contenders. We’re playing the worst team in the league 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We do not suck. This team never comes out and plays like the most talented team in football… because they aren’t. The Cardinals are a pro team and their OC is calling a great game taking advantage of our weaknesses. 

The offense has struggled to finish. Nerves. 

I think the expectation that this was an auto win and a blow out was, to be blunt, stupid. 

Both teams are paid to play.

This is all true.

What is also true is that in Year 4 of a program, against a team like the Cardinals, with new ownership, vibes and crowd on our side for a change....it's completely, utterly and indefensibly unacceptable, IMHO.