Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This is exactly why I’m more bullish on this team than most. Playing on a team with a dreadful QB absolutely affects the entire team.

Kinda like the idea of “still playing good defense when you’re not shooting well” only lasts for so long. 

Our Captains stood up for Sam at the end of the season and Terry and Dot seem to go out of their way to talk him up. It's really exciting. 

The point that seems to get missed about the points @Skinsinparadise and I keep making, is that most of this team is great. We could be awesome and they're excited. Our weapons on offense have swagger, our secondary has swagger, DL too. Our best units are as good as anyone's and we have our QB and it's exciting. The problem is that our OL and LBers are still ass and going to be the anchor around our neck and that's on Ron.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our Captains stood up for Sam at the end of the season and Terry and Dot seem to go out of their way to talk him up. It's really exciting. 

The point that seems to get missed about the points @Skinsinparadise and I keep making, is that most of this team is great. We could be awesome and they're excited. Our weapons on offense have swagger, our secondary has swagger, DL too. Our best units are as good as anyone's and we have our QB and it's exciting. The problem is that our OL and LBers are still ass and going to be the anchor around our neck and that's on Ron.

The best way for me to sum it up is they built an impressive boat -- lets say the Titanic round 2. They made the ship even more impressive than the first version.  Yet, they doubled down on the Titanic's weakness from the previous sinkage. An iceberg can still take the boat down and again there won't be enough lifeboats if the boat sinks.

I'd have rather doubled down on the same Titanic ship without the upgrades of the deck, the kitchen, tthe ball room, the food but instead focused on the weaknesses -- making it sturdier to withstand the hit and added lifeboats so everyone can escape if need be.

People want us to focus on how the Titanic looks even more impressive than last time.  And they are right, it does look more impressive.  But it feels foolish to do that without patching up the same things and dealing with the same problems that sunk it last time.

But as I keep saying.  You never know.  Will see.  Maybe Wylie plays like Trent Williams or whatever else elevates that unit.  Fortunately the season is coming soon enough.   Ron made his bed and sealed his fate one way or another. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The point that seems to get missed about the points @Skinsinparadise and I keep making, is that most of this team is great.

Nobody is missing your and SIP’s points. You make them clear and often. 

Okay I’m off to see Oppenheimer. Gotta get a preview of what Harris is gonna do in the offseason. 😆🔥

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The real initial 53 will not be set any earlier than Thursday at around 4:00 when you can IR guys with rights of return.  Looking at a couple of positions we went much heavier than I thought makes me wonder if we plan to IR certain players for return (and that scares me as we went heavier than I expected at TE and WR with guys who will not be active on Sunday unless we plan to IR somebody). We are very light at OL so I think some guy(s) from another team we have an eye on is a cut candidate. Don't understand why they kept Tinsley so I won't be surprised if he is cut soon (after much is settled and getting him to the PS is easier). If Terry is worse than reported, maybe we want to get him to IR and go with 6. Won't be surprised if Armah is resigned by Thursday evening and another one or two linemen are picked up along with some additional cuts and/or sending players to IR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Broncos traded TE Albert Okwuegbunam and a 2025 seventh-round pick to the Eagles for a 2025 sixth-round pick, per sources.

If the Eagles don't make it back to the superbowl this year it won't be because of the front office.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

For those of you in the know: When do teams put in waiver claims, and when are teams awarded waiver claims?

Claims are going in now and should clear around noon tomorrow (though news takes a bit of time to leak out on who claimed whom). I'd expect around 15-20 claims leaguewide.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Broncos traded TE Albert Okwuegbunam and a 2025 seventh-round pick to the Eagles for a 2025 sixth-round pick, per sources.

Schlereth was glad to see him cut. The guy has no heart to be inside. And he's not fast enough to be outside. Regardless I hate seeing him go to the Eagles.

• Haha 1