Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

16 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Looking over the stats there were like 14 players who qualify for that metric. Dax is better than 3.

If you don't use some arbitrary cut off point there were like 35 guys with a better avg

If you wanna make numbies lie for you you can make anybody look decent.

On a Sunday afternoon at 2:15 PM at 76 degrees with a 2 MPH western wind at a Commanders game while wearing burgundy nobody had a better return avg while being named Dax Milne than Dax Milne.

I was only using that number, because it seemed like it included the guys who regularly returned punts. 

I'm familiar with ridiculous stats too, looks like the meme I've posted a few times about Herbert.

Milne is solid and the best option that we have to regularly return punts, sorry if he doesn't give you the ole razzle dazzle that you equate with success.   

• Like 2

Do you think Washington might see if they can pick up David Quessenbery for depth on the O-line? He's versatile (plays both T and G) and has starter-level experience, especially at Tackle for the Titans in 2021.

Edited by Wyvern

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lovely sentiment, but working at a ****hole compared to a company you believe in absolutely has an affect on your performance. 

Have you never been to an applebees and seen the dead look in the eyes of your server?

While I agree with you to a point, I don’t think even the very best Applebees ‘employee month’ can support their family for the rest life the same way an NFL player can. They know everything is on tape and they know how hard it is to stay in the league.

Also, I wouldn’t imagine many Applebees employees spending countless hours, days, years, training to become a server.

Looks like Jabril Cox is going to be available. I think the knock on him is not being able to shed blocks...but considering what we have at LB, might be worth a look.

Also get to potentially poach someone from Dallas, which is nice. 

Edited by formerly4skins
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

While I agree with you to a point, I don’t think even the very best Applebees ‘employee month’ can support their family for the rest life the same way an NFL player can. They know everything is on tape and they know how hard it is to stay in the league.

Also, I wouldn’t imagine many Applebees employees spending countless hours, days, years, training to become a server.

Over-my-head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Looks like Jabril Cox is going to be available. I think the knock on him is not being able to shed blocks...but considering what we have at LB, might be worth a look.

Young guy, great athlete, good in pass coverage, excellent work ethic.  Sign me up.  Another guy I'd take a flyer on over keeping Pringle.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Over-my-head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

😂I got the joke and the meaning behind it. Point being, players aren’t going to dog-it because their Owner/GM makes subtle moves suggesting a tank. Chances are Arizona’s team morale isn’t going to change much from where it was 2 months ago.

2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

😂I got the joke and the meaning behind it. Point being, players aren’t going to dog-it because their Owner/GM makes subtle moves suggesting a tank. Chances are Arizona’s team morale isn’t going to change much from where it was 2 months ago.

Don't think getting rid of your starting QB 2 weeks before the season is subtle. Combine that with the other players no longer there then it's not exactly subtle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

You're saying that the players on the Cards and the players on the Eagles or Bengals are going into the season with the same attitude? 

Our guys are stepping up and looking for chances to talk about being excited going into the season with Howell at QB. Never heard them like that before.

Doesn't matter how much money they make, they aren't robots.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

He was a favorite leading up to the draft. @KDawg proved to me his weakness which you nailed, he can't shed blocks or work through trash leading to late arrivals or what looks like bad angles even though he is quick and good in coverage. That is kind of what we have with the guys on our roster now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really don't understand the hate for Milne. Dudes solid 

Like you Kool, but how in the blue hell do you think Milne is solid. The guy stands back waiting for a punt looking like he's ****ting himself. Then when he fields it, he does the riverdance trying like hell not to get hit or advance the football.

Honestly,  I don't understand the love for this tap dancing ****er. He's done the same thing for the last couple of seasons.  Do we need to see more?

HTTR!

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, xxprodigyxx said:

malik cunningham cut too. i only saw a couple highlights...does anyone know anything about him?

Great athlete, good arm really fast and good running with the ball, not that great of a QB but I thought he'd be a good QB3 to sit on the PS. I imagine that's where he ends out with NE who just released him. I can't however argue bringing Fromm back after what he has shown over the past few weeks for sure. 

22 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Like you Kool, but how in the blue hell do you think Milne is solid. The guy stands back waiting for a punt looking like he's ****ting himself. Then when he fields it, he does the riverdance trying like hell not to get hit or advance the football.

Honestly,  I don't understand the love for this tap dancing ****er. He's done the same thing for the last couple of seasons.  Do we need to see more?

HTTR!

Nothing worse than a muffed punt and he doesn't do that. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Rivera said he was “very comfortable” with the roster.

“We’re deep where we need to be,” he said. “We’re younger. This is a pretty young roster if you look at the total numbers in terms of age. It’s a physical group of guys. I like what we got on the offensive [and] defensive lines because of that. Everything starts up front, and I think that’s something we kept in mind as we’re finishing this roster up.”

“[The line] drives our whole defense,” General Manager Martin Mayhew added, explaining why the team kept 11 linemen. “That’s a priority for us. We felt like it’s important to have depth there and important to keep those young players that are playing well for us.”

Though the roster’s biggest question mark remains quarterback, as it has been all four years of Rivera’s tenure, the Commanders will scour the pool of 1,184 players cut leaguewide to try to find upgrades on the margins and build out the 16-man practice squad. Players with less than four years of NFL experience are subject to waivers; those with four or more are now free agents.

“Our pro department will be scouring [the waiver wire],” Mayhew said. “We’re always trying to get better.”

Waiver claims will be awarded at noon Wednesday. After that, teams can begin building their practice squads.

Rivera said the Commanders aren’t interested in re-signing any of the 12 players they cut Monday, including running back Jaret Patterson, and considered those let go Tuesday as stronger candidates for the practice squad.

On Tuesday, Washington cut two veterans who were key reserves in training camp (center Tyler Larsen and fullback/tight end Alex Armah), two rookies who flashed at times (Allen and offensive lineman Mason Brooks) and two young cornerbacks it claimed off the waiver wire a year ago (Tariq Castro-Fields and Rachad Wildgoose).

When asked about Larsen and Armah, Rivera emphasized the roster was not finalized, suggesting the team could re-sign them after future moves. In his answer about Armah, he pointed out the team is carrying four tight ends.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1