Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Talking to other teams while he’s on this roster would be a nice shortcut to him never playing in the league again, I highly doubt that’s happened. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Anyone see the rumors where the Chefs are looking at signing Carson Wentz to backup Mahomes? Maybe someone would scoop up Fromm? 

Watch the Fromm post-game interview...he's literally pitching his value as having painstakingly learned the playbook and shown he can exercise it. I guess that kinda puts pressure on EB's scheme when his 'entire playbook walks out the door. AZ picks him up for a week then he gets traded to Denver for a ham sandwich!

giphy.gif

Fromm interview at 17:00

Edited by TheShredder

Players get picked up by the team playing their old team often enough, it really doesn’t matter. Competent OC’s have plenty of moving parts and shifting audible calls to keep that from being a problem. Otherwise you’d never be able to cut a player without living in fear lol. We’d be just fine if ol’ computer-brain Fromm went to the Cardinals. What you’re hearing post-game is Fromm pitching why he deserves to make THIS roster lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The challenge with that is you have to cut the guy you want to put on the roster after you IR the other guy.  Exposing him to waivers and being poached by another team.  

Not that you can’t do it.  But it’s a bit tricky.  

Tracking, I just don’t think it’s something to be too concerned about when the guy you’re exposing is probably tinsley or armah or someone like that. I just don’t think it’s super likely someone picks them up, or that they would agree to it if they’re aware they’ll be signed after said other person is IR’d. 

But totally get it. It’s the game you gotta play sometimes so there is certainly risk involved. But losing a bottom of the roster guy shouldn’t be too painful. 

13 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

One thing no one is talking is OT with Daniels vs Trenton Scott.  I know Rivera like to keep his draft picks, but Daniels is in no way ready to play this year

From what I saw from Scott,  he looked pretty solid. Seemed to handle his own albeit against backups. But I thought he was more sound than Daniel's. 

Disclaimer: I'm not a scout or a coach. So take what I say with a grain of salt.  

HTTR!

Throwing this out there… my sure-to-be-wrong PS guesses:

1 or 2 safeties - Kendall Smith, Burgess

2 corners - Whittaker, Whiteside

1 guard - Brooks

1 tackle - Scott or Monteiro?

2 or 3 receivers - Tinsley (though I think he’s got a chance at a roster spot), Allen and Tremayne 

1 linebacker - Eifler

2 DEs - WBK, Henry

1 DT - Potoa’e or Anderson

1 RB - Patterson/Gore/Williams

1 G/C - Laufenberg?

1 or 2 TEs - Hodges, Dillon

1 QB - Fromm

Sidenote - the thing about potentially losing Fromm, if we have to turn to a 3rd qb that’s new to the team, they’re more likely to be off on timing, more likely to need to see guys get open before throwing.  I don’t think that’s a great combo with our oline.  Don’t expect Fromm to be able to salvage our season playing for a longer stretch, but pulling off a win after coming in mid-game or while filling in for a game or two?  I think its possible if the rest of the team holds up.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Aw man, I wish the best for that kid.

Unless it affects us in a bad way.

I think the kid can play in this league.

He is a natural runner. Wish he was better at Passpro.

Would have loved him on the team to be used on screens. Will be difficult to locate just like Deuce Vaughn (who is considered a little person) but more like MJD. 

I hope he gets resigned by the Skins. 

• Like 1