Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders vs. The Ravens - The Commanders Strike Back!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Schefter is a putz.

He actually seems mad that Howell looks good and that Washington is winning this game at halftime. :ols:

He mad af. Dan was his source 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Lets temper the Howell stuff a little bit. He still has not played against a starting defense in an NFL game. The Dallas game last year was amazing. But the game meant nothing to them. Preseason is preseason. He looks the part. Maybe even looks like a possible legit top 10 starter in the league. But lets see how he looks with a gameplan of defensive starters against him. He is going to have a ton of ups and downs this year yall.

Very true, but the kids got a cannon and can stand tall

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some of us have been saying it since before the draft that he was that dude. 

Yes, I’m going to continue to bring it up for awhile (not to you, but in general…) because of all the **** I ate for defending him.

Everyone else who didn’t make me want to drink glass in a debate about him… welcome to the Harem. 

You totally get full marks. 🙂

And if you look in the QB thread, I said in during the off-season he’s going to be a top 10 NFL QB. Without any football pedigree or draft evaluation. Just a few highlights. You can tell pretty quickly the kid has all the tools.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Van Pelt didn’t get the memo that Schefter works for the owners and agents lol, causing Schefter to grimace on national TV as he brazenly points out that it’s interesting Irsay wants to tweet that RBs don’t make an impact, yet wants 1st round equivalent trade value for that RB :ols:

• Haha 1

The main thing I wanted to see was Howell and how he played.

He looked good. I was happy. I don't care about the D in this game. The starters didn't play and most of the guys that did probably won't be on the team for long.

We may just have us a QB. :815:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Lets temper the Howell stuff a little bit. He still has not played against a starting defense in an NFL game. The Dallas game last year was amazing. But the game meant nothing to them. Preseason is preseason. He looks the part. Maybe even looks like a possible legit top 10 starter in the league. But lets see how he looks with a gameplan of defensive starters against him. He is going to have a ton of ups and downs this year yall.

For sure. But he’s shown he can play - he’s doing everything you could ask of a young QB. 

Imagine the buzz if Young, Stroud or Richardson played that half.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some of us have been saying it since before the draft that he was that dude. 

Yes, I’m going to continue to bring it up for awhile (not to you, but in general…) because of all the **** I ate for defending him.

Everyone else who didn’t make me want to drink glass in a debate about him… welcome to the Harem. 

No kidding. We got so lucky to get a 1st round QB in the 5th. I loved him at UNC

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dunfer said:

also looked like a possible dreaded turf toe thing

turf toe, like an Achilles, is not a contact injury like that lol. Definitely his ankle 

Edit: don’t drink and post confidently, kids 

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nothing to temper. He looks like a legit NFL QB. You can see it.

What we don’t know is where he falls within that spectrum. He could still wind up being a lower end starting QB… or he could wind up being a legit franchise level QB. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

turf toe, like an Achilles, is not a contact injury like that lol. Definitely his ankle 

What I said earlier, is I hope it's not a Lisfranc issue.  That LB coming down on his heel with his fore-foot planted didn't look good.

Also, the fact that he wasn't limping but in pain... smh

Edited by Saeth29

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Well I remember how bad Wentz looked last preseason.  So it's an upgrade to say the least.  Football is football, NFL is NFL.  All of these guys were amazing college players. Howell looks great 

Edited by Daniel.redskins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

So, we got to see the new owner in the broadcast booth, Coach Gibbs on the field before the game, and there's a better home crowd for this game than many of our regular season games in recent seasons, but have there been any Major Tuddy sightings? I'm wondering if Josh sent him off to the slaughterhouse. 

That little ****er is here. 😑

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nothing to temper. He looks like a legit NFL QB. You can see it.

What we don’t know is where he falls within that spectrum. He could still wind up being a lower end starting QB… or he could wind up being a legit franchise level QB. 

I am with you KDawg. But you like me would blitz the **** out of the guy until he proves he can beat it consistently. He did tonight on a couple of plays. Including that beautiful play to end the half to Dotson. But he is going to face immense defensive pressure this year. You can bet on that.