Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders vs. The Ravens - The Commanders Strike Back!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted this point elsewhere after listening to Hoffman-Paulsen podcast, those two are hardcore about no starters should start.  Not sure I agree.

Noooo!!! I'm watching it now, I disagree. They said they shouldn't play last week because of rain and now because of this? What about next week? Is Hoffman going to say we should cancel the game because he got a negative tarot card reading the night before? These "ideal" conditions they keep talking about don't exist in a real NFL game.

Put him out there, if it really looks that bad, take him out. Don't punk out before the game starts over every imperfection.

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted this point elsewhere after listening to Hoffman-Paulsen podcast, those two are hardcore about no starters should start.  Not sure I agree.

Hoffman is usually levelheaded, but I heavily disagree here.  You could also get hurt Week 1 or Week 2.  What’s the difference? We shouldn’t bubble wrap these players, when they have a lot to prove. The Ravens don’t, since they compete year in and year out, and make the playoffs almost every year.  We need the starters to get reps, so that we’re in sync when the season starts.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

So…no word whether we’re playing starters or not? 

If we aren’t, I’m basically only watching to see Harris talk with the booth in the 2nd quarter. 

We are, according to Lisa Salters of ESPN.  She was just in Sportscenter, and she said that Rivera expects Howell & the first team offense to play about a half.  I think it’s more like most of the first half, maybe shorter if we get some TD’s on the board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, samy316 said:

You could also get hurt Week 1 or Week 2.  What’s the difference? 

The difference is those games go on our record - they matter.

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

So…no word whether we’re playing starters or not? 

If we aren’t, I’m basically only watching to see Harris talk with the booth in the 2nd quarter. 

If I was made Supreme Overlord for a day (you would find me a beneficial OverLord ....mainly) one of the first things I would ban is sideline interviews during preseason games while the actual game is going on. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The difference is those games go on our record - they matter.

If I was made Supreme Overlord for a day (you would find me a beneficial OverLord ....mainly) one of the first things I would ban is sideline interviews during preseason games while the actual game is going on. 

No, I mean for the situation.  Who cares if the games on record or not?  It’s virtually the same amount of time missed either way.  Guys will get hurt, it’s inevitable.  The first team needs all the reps it can get, so that they don’t get off to a slow start yet again, because we’re sloppy and unprepared.  For Rivera’s sake, he needs the team to be ready and prepared to start this season.

• Like 1

So, do we have cheerleaders again, just in less skimpy outfits?...

Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 6.49.19 PM.jpg

44 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Amazing how things get done when you have ownership that actually cares

Hate to burst your bubble, but the new monitors and sound system were initiated under Snyder. It's not a Harris move.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So, do we have cheerleaders again, just in less skimpy outfits?...

Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 6.49.19 PM.jpg

Hate to burst your bubble, but the new monitors and sound system were initiated under Snyder. It's not a Harris move.

Not a homely one in the bunch. I actually prefer the more modest look.

1 minute ago, samy316 said:

Who cares if the games on record or not?  

The coaches who make decisions on who plays and how much. They will risk players in regular season games they wouldn't let within a million miles of the sideline in street clothes in a preseason game. 

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Not a homely one in the bunch. I actually prefer the more modest look.

No idea how any of them actually look lol...but I do agree about the more modest look being more attractive, imo.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The coaches who make decisions on who plays and how much. They will risk players in regular season games they wouldn't let within a million miles of the sideline in street clothes in a preseason game. 

He should have said players get injured in practice instead of in week 1 or weel 2, since preseason is essentially practice games. Unless he did say that already and I just assumed he didn't lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

We need the reps… we need to see how the offense is coming along against live competition.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

If what "looks that bad"?? Is the field screwed up or something? 

The field? I don't know, but I mean if anything looks bad. If he's taking hits, field, etc. The guys should play, but that doesn't mean we have to extend the risk, but you have to play.

• Like 1