Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Lions have to beat Tampa tomorrow.  That’s not a foregone conclusion. 

Baker has to earn that trust against a team that hasn't been in freefall since winter started, imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

As much as I'd have liked to win that one, it was the least devastating playoff loss I've experienced in a long time.

If it was me I would have been pissed. They totally outplayed the 49ers but they dropped Int's, then threw Int's, failed on 4th down, then missed a kick. They made Purdy look bad. They win that game 8 out of 10 times, they just didn't execute on a few key plays. It was like the 1990 Redskins 49ers playoff game. The Redskins totally outplayed them but Rypien kept throwing picks in the redzone to make it not even a close game. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Destino said:

My wife can’t stop laughing at the name “Purdy”. My cats are annoyed that she’s still awake.

Wait until she hears about Brock's brother, Chubba Purdy.

24 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

As much as I'd have liked to win that one, it was the least devastating playoff loss I've experienced in a long time.

Czaban comparing this to the loss to Seattle in 2014. What a dope. This one wasn't nearly as bad, and Czabe was a Skins fan then.

3 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Doesn’t look like too many darker skinned toned people out there. 😳

I thought of that when picking an image for that joke. Vikings weren’t my first choice, but the other options might have resulted in racial implications. lol

• Haha 1

NFL lost 10M-12M viewers by broadcasting Saturday night's Dolphins-Chiefs game on Pea****

The NFL’s decision to put the Kansas City Chiefs matchup with the Miami Dolphins on Pea**** Saturday hurt their ratings to the tune of millions of fans. Fans were upset the league decided to put a playoff game on an over-the-top streaming service instead of on a TV network.

Peter King, a partner of NBC, wrote this week the league purposely gave Pea**** the Chiefs-Dolphins game because of the hype surrounding both teams in the playoffs. The league believes over-the-top streaming services is the future of watching football.

The data shows the league and Pea**** have a lot of ground to catch up between now and that future date.

The NFL lost millions of eyeballs on Saturday

According to Jimmy Traina with Sports Illustrated, the league likely lost 10 million to 12 million fans for the Dolphins-Chiefs contest by showing the game on Pea**** outside Kansas City and Miami.

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Seems odd to me these games are on so early. Granted I'm on the west coast, but a "primetime" game that airs at noon on Sunday is weird. Even the AFC game starts at 3:30.

I haven't made it through a night game in weeks, I welcome the early game times.