Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

9 hours ago, HoggLife said:

You don't think Shannon Sharpe and or Ed Boom Boom McCaffery were good. I think they were both great. Then add in their running game and coaching. 

Well the question was about true #1 receivers ( by which assume wide receiver) and Sharpe was a TE. McCaffrey had the best years of his career with Denver, but he was a #2 or even a #3 type before Elway got that production out of him - he’d bounced around before then, Denver was his third team. He wasn’t ‘great’. In fact Shannon Sharpe makes the argument for me - he was the number one weapon in that passing attack for Elway at TE - so there wasn’t a true stud receiver.

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, HoggLife said:

You don't think Shannon Sharpe and or Ed Boom Boom McCaffery were good. I think they were both great. Then add in their running game and coaching. 

Also, Rod Smith was an absolute beast.

Between him and McCaffrey they had one of the best WR duos in the league for a few seasons. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I am if the firm believe Chase will be out of the league in 3-4 years. He won’t be resigned because his performance when he plays, won’t warrant it. He won’t do much for his next team and will get cut and be out of league.

He ruptured his Patellar tendon, odds are he's no longer the athlete we drafted. Track record of players who do that is abysmal. Majority won't even make it 3-4 years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I read that as he was cleared but HE wanted to see how it responded in practice.

So not end of the world just yet. He can’t possibly overrule his doctor right, so there’s no way he could “tough it out” if he wanted to?

Bad start to the year, but I’m still hopeful.

40 minutes ago, WFT4Ever said:

I read that as he was cleared but HE wanted to see how it responded in practice.

So not end of the world just yet. He can’t possibly overrule his doctor right, so there’s no way he could “tough it out” if he wanted to?

Bad start to the year, but I’m still hopeful.

FWIW

Meanwhile, yay!

• Thumb up 1

I’m curious to see how Curtis Samuel does this season. Feel as though we didn’t hear much about him this off-season. I’d imagine with a terry and assuming Jahan keeps improving, that Samuel should get some good matchups this season.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I’m curious to see how Curtis Samuel does this season. Feel as though we didn’t hear much about him this off-season. I’d imagine with a terry and assuming Jahan keeps improving, that Samuel should get some good matchups this season.

If he can figure out how to play well with Howell's scramble drill then Curtis could really shine. That's probably his best shot at finding juicy YAC opportunity.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 12.09.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 12.10.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 12.11.12 PM.png

Write ups like this make me appreciate guys like Fuller even more! love it!

With all of FA's next year, I had hopes we'd hear of a contract extension for Sweat. If not him maybe Curl, a little jealous reading of other teams extending players. 

Well, I guess that's not happening at this point so hope they all get out there and prove the all deserve extensions

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

The Rams roster is worse than Arizona's.  That division is a joke and I can see why so many people are picking San Francisco to be the one seed even though their QB situation is so uncertain.  The Rams are quietly tanking for Caleb Williams too and are in a much better position to get him.

This is a great point. The national media already have the Cardinals as the worst team in the league, and project Caleb Williams to Arizona with the first pick in the 2024 draft, but keep your eyes on the Rams. They will be without Cooper Kupp for at least the first month of the season, and we have no idea what kind of condition Matt Stafford’s elbow is in after his injury last year.  There also have an absurd amount of rookies that made it into the squad out of their 53 man roster.  The Rams quietly are also tanking, and it’s not being talked about enough.  It wouldn’t shock me to see Caleb Williams in a Rams jersey next year.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I am no expert on Ben Johnson but his calling card seems to be that he's a chameleon.  He's amorphous with the scheme depending on his opponent.   Sort of like the offense component of Belichick on defense where the opponent dictates the style.  They run plenty of power so it certainly helps them to have the horses who can implement it.

I want Ben Johnson in the worst way. He sounds like the next McVay. Yesterday's game cemented, for me, how much we need an overhaul.

• Like 3