Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former congressman George Santos arrest watch. Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against New York Rep. George Santos. (Charged with money laundering, wire fraud, unemployment fraud, lying to the House)

Cooked Crack

7 minutes ago, China said:

George Santos Has 5-Word Response To Being Expelled From Congress

“Why would I want to stay here?” Santos told reporters following his expulsion in a 311 to 114 vote.

“To hell with this place,” he added.

Click on the link for the full article

I know math is hard, but that seems like 12 words to me, not 5.

So.... He isn't going to share all those secrets about GOPers that he claimed to have? 

20 minutes ago, China said:

George Santos Has 5-Word Response To Being Expelled From Congress

“Why would I want to stay here?” Santos told reporters following his expulsion in a 311 to 114 vote.

“To hell with this place,” he added.

Click on the link for the full article

I know math is hard, but that seems like 12 words to me, not 5.

I've heard that Groucho Marx was once asked if he belonged to any exclusive clubs. 

And his answer was "I would never belong to a club that would allow me as a member."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Congress proving they have a line is something that will help me sleep at night...

Nope. Trump has been credibly accused of far worse and been indicted many more times but they’ll continue to back him, cover for him, and enable him. If there was an ethical line, he’d have crossed it long ago.

Santos is just a useless schmuck. If anything he did crossed their line, it was when he threatened to rat out his Republican buddies.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nope. Trump has been credibly accused of far worse and been indicted many more times but they’ll continue to back him, cover for him, and enable him. If there was an ethical line, he’d have crossed it long ago.

Santos is just a useless schmuck. If anything he did crossed their line, it was when he threatened to rat out his Republican buddies.

Worth noting that the breaking point seems to be he robbed one of his fellow GOP members.  

Not that he scammed all those other people, that's fine.  He stole from them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

At rate we going Santos may be in jail before Trump despite what we know about both.

Let's back up for a second, House couldn't get rid of Trump by themselves, this is more about actions then words for me. House had total control of getting rid of Santos with so much evidence in the face there was nothing left that made sense to do except what they did.

I got pretty badly reamed last time I went off on GOP in Senate for not wanting to give credit for acting like adults.  Yall can't have it both ways, im trying to be reasonable here.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Worth noting that the breaking point seems to be he robbed one of his fellow GOP members.  

Not that he scammed all those other people, that's fine.  He stole from them.

Well if the GOP were smart they'd realize Trump is stealing from them.  He's getting donations from all the rubes to his PACs to help pay his legal bills meanwhile the GOP has a money problem.  They should cut the rope of the cinderblock that's dragging them down.  But they're too stupid and afraid.

• Like 1

• Cooked Crack changed the title to Former congressman George Santos arrest watch. Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against New York Rep. George Santos. (Charged with money laundering, wire fraud, unemployment fraud, lying to the House)

I'm not looking at this as anything but:

- the House Ethics Committee's report was impossible to ignore

- The report provided enough of a precedent to calm the nerves of those worried that future expulsion efforts could end up being used in a partisan way over trivial matters

- That most in the House pretty much despised Santos to begin with

Need to remind people that the House's slim majority was seen by many people as more than enough reason for the GOP to protect Santos, under the guise of "let his constituents decide at the next election"...up until the moment he was expelled they believed Santos was indeed useful to the GOP. Hell, I even saw a bit of validity in that belief. But I also thought the three points I made above would put most of the House in a mindset of "we HAVE to get rid of this guy, regardless of anything else." I'm glad they did. Or at least enough of them did.

I'm also glad that Dem House members like Raskin voted to not expel Santos in the previous vote due to wanting to keep the standard for expulsion high. I respect that even though I wanted that Dan Snyder-looking doofus expelled like a mf'er lol...

As for other Republican House members who helped with Jan 6th, there is no House Ethics report or legal indictments or charges against any of them. Expelling those members won't even slightly happen until there is.

Echoing what someone said above, there's a sliver of satisfaction that the House can still act in a responsible manner. Notice I said "House" and not "Republicans"...during all the idiotic chaos and buffoonery we see coming from that chamber on an almost daily basis, those moments of bipartisan action to do what's right--instead of the extreme partisan desire to make themselves trend on Twitter--stand out.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1