Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

lolol we don't even know who we're taking #2 yet and haven't revealed that, you really think anyone in our regime is leaking to some random reporter that we wanna move up?

Reporters legit just make stuff up I think nowadays.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I am sorry, but I cannot believe that anyone who knows about our draft plans would say something like this and be happy to share it with the world a couple of hours before the show starts. Especially since we are still keeping it a secret who we are drafting at #2. What's the benefit here?

Fowler used to work for the team.  He's not like a blogger-fan boy type.  I would guess some holdover he knows who still works there told him that.  

But....doesn't mean that dude is right

Edited by Skinsinparadise

This team sadly isn't 1 QB away from being good. And I understand that finding a franchise QB is tantamount,  but they also have a chance to do something now that they likely won't be able to do in the near future. Set themselves up to make multiple first round picks for several years. 

To me, the only way forward is to trade out of pick 2. 

That said, if it's Daniel's at 2. Good for them. If it's Maye. Good for them also. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Of the 3 second tier OTs, I'd rate them Paul, Amarjie, Kingsley.

I'd be happy if any of them were there at 36, but I'm not sure they're BPA. 

I'm really cold on Guyton and Morgan. They'd have to have a hard drop for me to pick them.

Don’t underrate Blake Fisher. If he is there at #67 and they still hold the pick, I think they take him even if they have taken one earlier. Rock solid RT prospect who is likely going rd 2 in most drafts. Probably can start at some point this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Don’t underrate Blake Fisher. If he is there at #67 and they still hold the pick, I think they take him even if they have taken one earlier. Rock solid RT prospect who is likely going rd 2 in most drafts. Probably can start at some point this season

I think they take a flyer on a LT prospect with massive upside, albeit ‘raw’. Then find a plug and play solid RT later on.

• Like 1

In just a few days, I will be going through "simulated-draft" withdrawal. 

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47skkxjbhn5kd3t4mj7

There are many players I have come to appreciate over these past months and several I have gravitated toward during the numerous simulated drafts I have done.
Fuaga is my favorite OT, but that isn’t in the cards.  I realize there is going to be a catch-as-catch-can with OT’s, but they will probably not be BPA in the 2nd round.  There will still be value later with Fisher, Jones, Foster
There are some really good IOL: JPJ, Beebe, Fautanu, Haynes, Zinter  However, these also seem to miss the sweet spots and I don’t know how high the team is on IOL.  Late rounds – I like *Nourzad and Keegan.
There were a lot of RB’s who I liked for day 3 – Davis, Guerrendo, *Laube, Vidal 
TE is such a crap shoot, but I won’t be upset if they draft Sinnot or All
Number 1 on my WR list is McConkey because he may be there at 36/40.  *Corley, Pearsall, *Smith and Rice next, with *Gould, *Williams and McCaffery late.
Dline/Edge – Fiske, Sweat, Kneeland, Booker, D Robinson, Trice, Solomon
LB – Wilson, Colson, with Watson and McGregor late
CB – Sainristil, Jackson, Hart – CB is very deep with plenty of good possibilities
Safety – Nubin, Smith, *Vaki

*These players have versatility in that they have played various positions and rolls.

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I saw a mock where Rome somehow fell to like 15 and was like, man...I don't wanna spend both 36 and 40 to move up but Rome is one of those guys I might do it for.

For Rome Id do It in a heartbeat. Daniels to Odunze will own the division for the next decade

• Like 1

The rare oddity happened for me in a simulated mock.  Bears stunned and took Daneiels #1.  Wasn't expecting that. .. .then I was like what offers? nothing good enough to move back...

SO I took caleb williams.

And theN i decided, well if I didn't get the LSU player I wanted why not get aggressive so I traded up twice into the 1st and end up with Bowers at 18. I Traded before the pick got there expecting to take a tackle or edge (or a corner), wasn't expecting bowers to be available and decided you know what let's do this...

2 Caleb Williams QB | USC
18 Brock Bowers TE | Georgia A
27 Brian Thomas Jr. WR | LSU
49 Kingsley Suamataia OT | BYU
66 Javon Bullard S | Georgia
67 Christian Haynes IOL | UConn
88 Bralen Trice EDGE | Washington
97 Andru Phillips CB | Kentucky
152 Brenden Rice WR | USC B+
202 Walter Rouse OT | Oklahoma
222 Jordan Travis QB | Florida State

From about the Trice pick on I wans't sure where I wanted to go, I had expected to take a TE there but we had taken bowers.  Rice was an argument for best talent available, even if it requires a little development.   Rouse got chosen over the IOL from Illionois Adams  (Figuring Rouse moves inside)
And at 222 I had no clue and couldn't believe travis was still on the board, could be a third string depth guy if someone goes down with an injury.

Now I have no suggestion that we'd be that aggressive in the first round, but I was able to do it.  Could have had a different OT at 27, but the guys available there looked like RT not LT, and Thomas next to Terry could help open up the passing game a bit.

If I would critique myself in this its that a bit too O heavy. would have liked an earlier corner, but the value never seemed to be there, and Trice has fallen down mock charts so far I don't know, I had wanted to grab a Value RB but they were mostly gone by 152 and 202.

Somewhere I traded back for a 3 and 5 next year too forgot I did that.

Edited by Veretax

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

This team sadly isn't 1 QB away from being good. And I understand that finding a franchise QB is tantamount,  but they also have a chance to do something now that they likely won't be able to do in the near future. Set themselves up to make multiple first round picks for several years. 

To me, the only way forward is to trade out of pick 2. 

That said, if it's Daniel's at 2. Good for them. If it's Maye. Good for them also. 

Thats the kind of thinking that got us to where we are now... is that you Ron?

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

The rare oddity happened for me in a simulated mock.  Bears stunned and took Daneiels #1.  Wasn't expecting that. .. .then I was like what offers? nothing good enough to move back...

SO I took caleb williams.

And theN i decided, well if I didn't get the LSU player I wanted why not get aggressive so I traded up twice into the 1st and end up with Bowers at 18. I Traded before the pick got there expecting to take a tackle or edge (or a corner), wasn't expecting bowers to be available and decided you know what let's do this...

2 Caleb Williams QB | USC
18 Brock Bowers TE | Georgia A
27 Brian Thomas Jr. WR | LSU
49 Kingsley Suamataia OT | BYU
66 Javon Bullard S | Georgia
67 Christian Haynes IOL | UConn
88 Bralen Trice EDGE | Washington
97 Andru Phillips CB | Kentucky
152 Brenden Rice WR | USC B+
202 Walter Rouse OT | Oklahoma
222 Jordan Travis QB | Florida State

From about the Trice pick on I wans't sure where I wanted to go, I had expected to take a TE there but we had taken bowers.  Rice was an argument for best talent available, even if it requires a little development.   Rouse got chosen over the IOL from Illionois Adams  (Figuring Rouse moves inside)
And at 222 I had no clue and couldn't believe travis was still on the board, could be a third string depth guy if someone goes down with an injury.

Now I have no suggestion that we'd be that aggressive in the first round, but I was able to do it.  Could have had a different OT at 27, but the guys available there looked like RT not LT, and Thomas next to Terry could help open up the passing game a bit.

If I would critique myself in this its that a bit too O heavy. would have liked an earlier corner, but the value never seemed to be there, and Trice has fallen down mock charts so far I don't know, I had wanted to grab a Value RB but they were mostly gone by 152 and 202.

Somewhere I traded back for a 3 and 5 next year too forgot I did that.

Borderline evil to post this on draft night lol, I need to go read some bad mocks to get this perfect impossible scenario out of my head 

• Haha 1