Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

So which Alabama player are we drafting?

Maybe we're going to draft the guy who beat the Bama players ? Adonai Mitchell

"“If he can play every game like he played the Alabama game, he’ll be one the best receivers in the league. They have first-round corners and he gave them problems.” - AFC scouting director"

24 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Thats not how you work a draft. Load up on best available talent. If that happens to be oline and CB then great.

Right. 5 picks tonight. Make them count. 

50 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Thats not how you work a draft. Load up on best available talent. If that happens to be oline and CB then great.

Certain positions are dependent on other positions. The best edge rusher available will look like **** if our DBs get beat immediately 

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

Certain positions are dependent on other positions. The best edge rusher available will look like **** if our DBs get beat immediately 

Yeah I am expecting this.

Best Available OTs:
BLacke Fisher Notre Dame (RT)
Kiran Amegadjie Yale (LG)
Caedan Wallace PennSt (RT)
Patrick Paul Houston (LT)
Matt GOnclaves Pitt (LT/RT does that mean swing tackle)
Kingsley Suamataia BYU (LT/RT does that mean swing tackle?)
Roger Rosengarten WASH (RT)

I don't recognize any other names

Possible Value OL:
Jackson Powers-John ORE C
Sedrick Van Pran Grar UGA C
Hunter Nourzad Penn State C
Zach Frazier WVU C

Three of those four would be good at either guard position for sure too

Pure Guards:
Cooper Beebe KSU
CHristian Haynes UCONN
Zak ZInter MICH
Dominick Puni Kansas 
Brandon Coleman TCU
Isaiah Adams ILL

No linebackers taken last night SO Junior Colson, Payton Wilson, Trotter Jr, Edgererring COoper, Cedric Gray are available

CB:
Kool-Aid McKinstry bama
Cooper DeJean Iowa
Ennis Rakestraw Jr MIssouri
Renardo Green FSU
DJ James Auburn
Kris Abrams-Draine Missouri
Max Melton Rutgers
Mike Sainristill
T J Tampa Iowa St

No Safeties taken at all so
Tyler Nubin, Minn
Dadrion Taylor-Demers Tx Tech
JAvaoN Bulalrd UGA

Jaden Hicks Wash ST
COle Bishop utah
And all the rest are there

A few Es
Ja Tavion Sanders, Cade Stover OSU, Theo Johnson, Erick All, Ben Sinnot KSU,

DTs
T'Vondre Sweat TX
JerZhan Newton Illinois
Braden Fisk FSU
Kris Jenkins Mich
Michael Hall JR OSU

I'm honestly not sure about edge rusher vs DE
Edge has names like Austin Booker, Chris BRaswell, Adisa Isaac, Gabriel Murphy, and Bralen Trice

WR
Ladd Mcconkey UGA
Malachi Corley W Kentucky
Troy Franklin OR
Adonai Mitchell TX
Roman WIlson MIC
Malik Washington UVA

Javon Baker UCF
Keon Coleman FSU

Given talent If paul is there and you want a LT To start training to rotate in at the end of the year, that might be first pick>

Otherwise CB/WR/LB For one pick the other maybe Edge/TE ?

I'm totally guessing here

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I think Washington could be a good reliable target in the 3rd or 4th.  He might not get many Scores, but he moves chains that could be good.

Oh dear, Was Heath Shuler Number 5 too?
Is that Tress Way's number?

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Corley and Ladd are going to wind up being some of the most productive sleeper receivers in this draft. I use sleeper lightly.

I like both a lot. Would take Ladd in a heartbeat at 36. Corley preferably later.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Corley and Ladd are going to wind up being some of the most productive sleeper receivers in this draft. I use sleeper lightly.

Very lightly.  

Loved Ladd last year before it became cool but now he's so cool that it feels uncool.  :ols:   He's become the darling of mock draft types.   It's become almost nauseating.  But I stll love the player be stoked to have him.

Corley more of a sleeper.  I am not as big on Corley but I do think his superpower YAC on the first level will be fun.

My favorite real sleeper at WR -- 4th-5th round range.  Not that people aren't aware of him but he doesn't get much hype.

That is, Ainias Smith.  Baller.  IMO will ge a real good slot player.  Tone setter.  And with the new return rules -- his return skills will be useful

28 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If Buffalo doesn't take DeJean, I do think he's there at 36 as I think Zona will take IOL at 35 and NE goes OT at 34.

Been rewatching him.  Intriguing. Has the skills to blitz off the edge, play safety, slot, outside corner.  In college he was outside corner.  Wonder if the broken leg is an issue with the medicals?

Got some concerns about him playing outside corner-man.  He mostly played zone.  But as a swiss army very knife, intriguing

• Like 1

Kiem's pod seems to suggest it's Rosengarten at 36 and goes into detail explaining that many feel he can switch to LT. Also stated since Penix is a lefty he was his blindside protecter. Different view of many here which believe he is guard. 

Edited by Ghedrick

17 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Now that would be the biggest 5i chess move I've ever seen in this game, if I've ever seen one.

Holy Sh* please tell me this is from the onion.   The falcons are officially wasted on QB's this year.....wow.  

1 hour ago, Ghedrick said:

Kiem's pod seems to suggest it's Rosengarten at 36

Was it specifically at 36? I too heard that part but wasn't sure if he actually said @ 36. But sounds like people definitely like Rosengarten, Keim was confident in that.

Edit: you're right, he said 36 or 40, but just his estimate. That sounds a little early for him but maybe one of our draft experts can elaborate. 

Edited by sinews

Day 2 draft picks

Day 1 grade: A

Analysis: The Commanders landed a steal in the early second round with Newton, who will be a factor in the run game while providing interior pressure. They moved down in Round 2 with division-rival Philadelphia, first picking a feisty and smart but undersized cornerback in Sainristil before making one of the best value picks in the draft in Sinnott, who will be a third-down weapon and top-notch move blocker. Coleman's a long, powerful player announced as a tackle for the Commanders but could slide into guard, and McCaffrey joins his brother, Christian, in the NFL, transitioning effectively from quarterback to wide receiver (his father’s position) while at Rice.

• Thanks 1

It is so amazing to have real and GOOD football people running this franchise now.

I'm truly excited -- the feedback on their draft performance through 3 rounds has been really positive.

• Like 5