Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Good question. I'm not high on Morgan at all and although I like Kingsley, I don't at 36, so most likely Ladd, but Nubin is still BPA.

See, I'm kinda opposite in that I would pick Kingsley because the only DB I would take that early would be Kool-Aid if he fell. I would take my chances that if I missed Ladd at 40, I could grab Persall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mudhog said:

See, I'm kinda opposite in that I would pick Kingsley because the only DB I would take that early would be Kool-Aid if he fell. I would take my chances that if I missed Ladd at 40, I could grab Persall.

Kool aid would be great. 

I'm assuming that OTs are going to run hard in the 1rst and that second tier, King, Amarjie, Paul, etc are going to sneak up into the 1rst and if so, the DL and DBs that will slip to the 2nd are going to be awesome.

Of course there could be a run on WR as well. The back end of the 1rst is going to be exciting tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

My bang the table list:

QB - Drake Maye

RB - Blake Corum, Audric Estime, Kendall Milton, Tyrone Tracy

WR - Jamari Thrash, Jacob Cowing

TE - Brock Bowers

OT - Taliese Fuaga, Kingsley Suamataia, Caedan Wallace, Ethan Driskell

IOL - Cooper Beebe, Sedrick Van Pran, Zak Zinter, Mason McCormick

Edge - Jared Verse, Bralen Trice, Laiatu Latu

IDL - T'Vondre Sweat, Brandon Dorlus

LB - none

CB - Jarrian Jones, Chau Smith-Wade

S - Sione Vaki, Tykee Smith

These are players that I am meaningfully higher on than the consensus.  The variance gets finer and more meaningful earlier in the draft.  For instance everyone likes Maye, Bowers, Verse, Fuaga, and Latu in the first round, but very few are putting them as high as they deserve IMO.  I've got Maye #2 in the class, Bowers #3, Verse #6, Fuaga #8, and Latu #10.

Jones was almost on the list for me, he's one I was early on.  A dude that is oddly slept on, he has the highest RAS score about the corners I tracked, feisty consistent slot CB.

I almost put Thrash on it but you were earlier on him than me so I figured I'd leave that one to you.   Ditto Beebe.

Tykee Smith also good slot-S type I liked early on.

Bowers I've loved but I felt too obvious for me to include, Drake Maye ditto.

Loved Fauga early but wanted to focus on O lineman this team might take.  I had him #2 on my OT's rankings. 

I like Caedan Wallace at RT, almost made my list.

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Kool aid would be great. 

I'm assuming that OTs are going to run hard in the 1rst and that second tier, King, Amarjie, Paul, etc are going to sneak up into the 1rst and if so, the DL and DBs that will slip to the 2nd are going to be awesome.

Of course there could be a run on WR as well. The back end of the 1rst is going to be exciting tonight.

It's really interesting, those top couple wideouts or tackles that go may start a panic buying of either position pushing the other position further back.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

So many options. Many of the players I would target are already listed. @Skinsinparadiseprobably has 10 of them listed. Vaki is also a good one. Few others random names from my perspective

WR Malachi Corley, Keon Coleman

DB Kam Kinchens, Khyree Jackson, Decamerion Richardson

OL Matt Goncalves

RB Jaylen Wright

LB Marist Liufau

DL Cedric Johnson 

Coleman is my favorite boom-bust type WR in the 2nd.

I dig Jaylen Wright a lot as a third RB type.

Credrick Johnson is one of the more intriguing edges for me in the 4th-5th round range.  Nice size-speed combos.

Matt Goncalves tape was really solid for me -- wonder if him and Puni (Puni also in that range for me) would be high floor guards.

Corley would be fun.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I do not want to move up, but a move up, combined with a move back that nets us some more picks in that 75-110 range, would be sweet. 

Also, I think BPA for us at 36/40 could very well be Nubins. I usually mostly watch safeties and LBers and I slacked on it this year. 

Nubin almost made my list. He was the last one I cut off.  My list was already too big. 

Another dude I was early on here so I have some love for.  While others were pushing Kinchens, i pushed Nubin.   He reminds me of a safety we both liked years back Moherig.  I wish he ran faster, that's my only holdup.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nubin almost made my list. He was the last one I cut off.  My list was already too big. 

Another dude I was early on here so I have some love for.  While others were pushing Kinchens, i pushed Nubin.   He reminds me of a safety we both liked years back Moherig.  I wish he ran faster, that's my only holdup.  

I agree. Kinchens was real slow too, right?

One thing I learned about Safety though, from Hamilton, speed isn't always the most important thing.

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jones was almost on the list for me, he's one I was early on.  A dude that is oddly slept on, he has the highest RAS score about the corners I tracked, feisty consistent slot CB.

I almost put Thrash on it but you were earlier on him than me so I figured I'd leave that one to you.   Ditto Beebe.

Tykee Smith also good slot-S type I liked early on.

Bowers I've loved but I felt too obvious for me to include, Drake Maye ditto.

Loved Fauga early but wanted to focus on O lineman this team might take.  I had him #2 on my OT's rankings. 

I like Caedan Wallace at RT, almost made my list.

That was more of a list where i noticed I was a lot higher on X player than the mock draft consensus, more so than guys I would definitely bang the table for.  Most of them are the ones I either drafted in the Mock Draft, or would have if they'd been there.  That's the only dibs I call on players.  If I were to simplify my list to just a few of my absolute favorite players in the class, the ones I literally hope the Commanders draft, no question that this would be it for me:

- Drake Maye

- Blake Corum

- Jared Verse (I'd trade both seconds if he fell into range)

- Cooper Beebe

- Jamari Thrash

- Kingsley Suamataia

- Sione Vaki

Taking Tykee Smith over Vaki in the mock draft is one of my early regrets.  I didn't realize how good he was until after the picks were in.  Georgia players are much higher on my radar because I live in Georgia and football season is nothing but UGA here.

• Like 1

Just now, Going Commando said:

That was more of a list where i noticed I was a lot higher on X player than the mock draft consensus, more so than guys I would definitely bang the table for.  Most of them are the ones I either drafted in the Mock Draft, or would have if they'd been there.  That's the only dibs I call on players.  If I were to simplify my list to just a few of my absolute favorite players in the class, the ones I literally hope the Commanders draft, no question that this would be it for me:

- Drake Maye

- Blake Corum

- Jared Verse (I'd trade both seconds if he fell into range)

- Cooper Beebe

- Jamari Thrash

- Kingsley Suamataia

- Sione Vaki

Taking Tykee Smith over Vaki in the mock draft is one of my early regrets.  I didn't realize how good he was until after the picks were in.  Georgia players are much higher on my radar because I live in Georgia and football season is nothing but UGA here.

It "seems" likes he's been falling according to the mocks recently.  I wonder where he goes if the Rams don't take him at 19.

Of the 3 second tier OTs, I'd rate them Paul, Amarjie, Kingsley.

I'd be happy if any of them were there at 36, but I'm not sure they're BPA. 

I'm really cold on Guyton and Morgan. They'd have to have a hard drop for me to pick them.

Ticket to the Draft podcast - Logan Paulson and Jason Something (the producer on Command Center?) did a 7 round Washington mock using PFF’s simulator (no trades).  More so than the prospects they chose, it was really interesting to hear the rationale/decision-making, including the discussion of other prospects they considered at each pick.  Wound up with -

1st: Daniels

2nd: Morgan and Tampa

3rd: Amegadjie, Benson and Kamara 

5th: Liufau and Theo Johnson

7th:  Frank Crum

Benson was a surprise to them, but was BPA (they also mentioned the new kickoff rules).  Marist learns behind Wagner.  Theo was a steal (they think he goes earlier - they considered him in the 3rd).  Major infusion to the oline.  They have Kamara significantly higher than PFF’s big board.  Weren’t thinking of looking at OT again at 67, but couldn’t resist with Amegadjie there (they considered him at 40).  I don’t love them missing out on receiver, though to be fair, they checked on them repeatedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Coleman is my favorite boom-bust type WR in the 2nd.

I dig Jaylen Wright a lot as a third RB type.

Credrick Johnson is one of the more intriguing edges for me in the 4th-5th round range.  Nice size-speed combos.

Matt Goncalves tape was really solid for me -- wonder if him and Puni (Puni also in that range for me) would be high floor guards.

Corley would be fun.  

Can certainly see us moving about a little to get a pick or so in the 4th. Wonder what we have as the cut off ledge when the talent is deemed to drop off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Can certainly see us moving about a little to get a pick or so in the 4th. Wonder what we have as the cut off ledge when the talent is deemed to drop off. 

3rd-4th round feels insane for:  CB, DE, RB, WR.

Not saying all high end talent but good talent in that range IMO

• Like 3

Reworked a few position rankings to better match up with my gut takes.  WR and S specifically.  Then I came up with this tier ranking for the QBs:

Tier 1:

1 - Williams

2 - Maye

Tier 2:

3 - Daniels

Tier 3:

4 - Penix Jr

5 - McCarthy

Tier 4:

6 - Nix

Tier 5:

7 - Rattler

Tier 6:

8 - Pratt

9 - Milton

Those tiers are based on how speculative I think the QB prospect is, and I made breaks in my Big Board where cliffs in prospect quality happen, and the speculative QB tiers become appropriate to draft.  This is my final, no-hindsight top 100 Big Board:

1 - Caleb Williams
2 - Drake Maye
3 - Brock Bowers
4 - Malik Nabers
5 - Marvin Harrison Jr
6 - Jared Verse
7 - Rome Odunze
8 - Taliese Fuaga

---  (Tier 2) ---
9 - Jayden Daniels
10 - Dallas Turner
11 - Laiatu Latu
12 - Quinyon Mitchell
13 - Nate Wiggins
14 - Brian Thomas Jr
15 - Olu Fashanu
16 - JC Latham
17 - Cooper DeJean
18 - Blake Corum
19 - Cooper Beebe
20 - Kingsley Suamataia
21 - Byron Murphy
22 - Joe Alt
23 - Darius Robinson
24 - Amarius Mims
25 - Johnny Newton
26 - Terrion Arnold

--- (Tier 3) ---
27 - Michael Penix Jr
28 - JJ McCarthy
29 - Xavier Legette
30 - Graham Barton
31 - Ladd McConkey
32 - Kool-Aid McKinstry
33 - Troy Fautanu
34 - Jackson Powers-Johnson
35 - Chop Robinson
36 - Jordan Morgan
36 - Payton Wilson
37 - Tyler Nubin
38 - T'Vondre Sweat
39 - Kamari Lassiter
40 - Edgerrin Cooper
41 - Kris Jenkins
42 - Troy Franklin
43 - Bralen Trice
44 - Sedrick Van Pran
45 - Austin Booker
46 - Jonathan Brooks
47 - TJ Tampa
48 - Braden Fiske
49 - Kiran Amegadjie
50 - Jonah Elliss
51 - Zak Zinter
52 - Christian Haynes
53 - Keon COleman
54 - Audric Estime
55 - Trey Benson

--- (Tier 4) ---
56 - Bo Nix
57 - Ricky Pearsall
58 - Ben Sinnott
59 - Mike Sainristil
60 - Cole Bishop
61 - Max Melton
62 - Junior Colson
63 - Patrick Paul
64 - Jeremiah Trotter Jr
65 - Blake Fisher
66 - Mason McCormick
67 - Jamari Thrash
68 - Roman Wilson
69 - Cedric Gray
70 - Malachi Corley
71 - Chris Braswell
72 - Renardo Green
73 - JaTavion Sanders
74 - Tyler Guyton
75 - Dadrion Taylor-Demerson
76 - Caedan Wallace
77 - Roger Rosengarten
78 - JaLynn Polk
79 - Jarrian Jones
80 - Sione Vaki
81 - Ennis Rakestraw Jr
82 - Tykee Smith
83 - Marshawn Kneeland
84 - Michael Hall Jr
85 - Beaux Limmer
86 - Cade Stover
87 - Zach Frazier
88 - Jacob Cowing
89 - Malik Washington
90 - Isaiah Adams
91 - Johnny Wilson
92 - Kam Kinchens
93 - Tez Walker
94 - Khyree Jackson
95 - Elijah Jones
96 - Brandon Dorlus
97 - Xavier Worthy
98 - Jalen McMillan
99 - Javon Bullard
100 - Kendall Milton

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

3rd-4th round feels insane for:  CB, DE, RB, WR.

Not saying all high end talent but good talent in that range IMO

I 100% get the angst over OT, but this ^ is why I’d prefer to trade back a bit with one (or both) of our 2nds versus trading up.  You could potentially land one of each of those, plus 2-3 other guys.  And then our 5ths can go towards 1) guys that fall, 2) raw, traitsy guys that can understudy for some of our 1 year deal FAs, or 3) pure depth/competition, perhaps even double dipping at certain spots.

I am not a big Guyton guy but I admitted while watching him he looks great and fluid and when he wins.  He just loses too much for me.  Definitely clay to be molded.  I am not smart enough to figure out O line projects, am hit and miss with those

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not a big Guyton guy but I admitted while watching him he looks great and fluid and when he wins.  He just loses too much for me.  Definitely clay to be molded.  I am not smart enough to figure out O line projects, am hit and miss with those

I am sorry, but I cannot believe that anyone who knows about our draft plans would say something like this and be happy to share it with the world a couple of hours before the show starts. Especially since we are still keeping it a secret who we are drafting at #2. What's the benefit here?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I am sorry, but I cannot believe that anyone who knows about our draft plans would say something like this and be happy to share it with the world a couple of hours before the show starts. Especially since we are still keeping it a secret who we are drafting at #2. What's the benefit here?

Of course not.  "A source in Washington" could be me.