Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

49 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Javon Solomon would be a strong day 3 pick

I have really been digging on the group of Elliss, Kamara, Solomon, Booker in the 3rd if they don't go edge earlier.

I'm thinking they go QB, OT, CB, TE, Edge with a slight trade back from 40.

It's the WR group that could go any place,

@Skinsinparadise I love reading your comment fields, thanks for sharing

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

have really been digging on the group of Elliss, Kamara, Solomon, Booker in the 3rd if they don't go edge earlier.

I'm thinking they go QB, OT, CB, TE, Edge with a slight trade back from 40.

Chop Robinson and Kneeland seem to be the earlier ranked targets.

I’m back on WR. Personally think we’ll have a receiver pick ranked quite high now.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Somethings fishy. Multiple reputable mockers have the Chargers taking JC Latham number 5!!??

Wow, that doesn't make sense to me at all...unless he has worked out positively and I never heard of that

47 minutes ago, mudhog said:

I don't see Gabriel Murphy on your EDGE list. What's the deal with him? Is he injured or have bad medicals or something? He's all over the board on mock drafts from 3rd round to 7th. But PFF power rankings have him solidly ranked around pick 110.

I left the Murphy brothers off my list because I didn't watch them.  I only watched Latu and they didn't go the to SB, so I never developed a take on them.  There were a couple of guys who would probably have made the list if I'd had time to watch them.  Gabe Hall, Ainias Smith, Edefuan Ulofoshio, etc.  I leave off players who I don't form takes on, because I'd rather not shoot in the dark.  I usually only focus on top 100 players because I find it difficult to go deeper than that, but this year I went 20 deep on the positions I spent the most time on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DWinzit said:

Wow, that doesn't make sense to me at all...unless he has worked out positively and I never heard of that

Yeah its weird and so outta nowhere. Why nor just trade down with the Vikes? No chance anyone else takes him

My guys list, in no particular order.  I try to stick to around 20.  But I can easily do 30-35.

These aren't who I think are the best players.  But guys that I like more than most.  I tend to favor guys I like early or late in the process -- primacy-receecy effect.  Some positions i haven't watched at all like DT or much like LB so none are on the list.

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 7.41.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 7.41.21 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's Kiper below.  For me, I ranked Rosengarten as a third rounder so for me he's already out of the first round.

I did watch a bunch of corners but not enough to rank them.  I might be able to hut more corners between today and tomorrow to rank them.  I've watched enough RBs to rank them so I'll probably get to that next.

I did watch Kool-Aid too and I'd run to the podium if he dropped to 36 depending on his medicals.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/40018136/2024-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-round-1-predictions-buzz-notes-qbs-trades

Three prospects who could drop out of Round 1

264.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueRoger Rosengarten, OT, Washington: If you've seen any of my recent mock drafts, you know how much I like Rosengarten, who didn't allow any sacks in college. I think he'd be a perfect fit at right tackle for the 49ers. The more I talk to execs and coaches, however, the more I think he's likely to fall into Round 2. I'll definitely be giving high marks to whichever team takes him, though.

2483.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueJackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon: There was some buzz over the past month about Powers-Johnson being a fit in Pittsburgh or Miami in Round 1, but I just don't see it on tape. The 2023 Rimington Trophy winner is versatile, but I'd feel more comfortable with him in the second round. He finished as my No. 57 overall prospect.

333.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueKool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama: I really like McKinstry's tape from the past two seasons, but his foot injury -- a Jones fracture was discovered by doctors at the combine -- might cause him to slide out of Round 1. The team that gets him could add a future star, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I took Myles in the board's mock draft, freakish measurables,  I considered putting him higher in my own rankings, in retrospect I probably should have

I placed him high because he showed out at the SB.  It's a pure upside projection because his film is garbage, even as a sixth year senior. The edge class gets really speculative after that Elliss/Trice/Booker tier in the third round, and even Booker is a pretty speculative prospect.  The SB weighed pretty heavily for me this year. It's the reason I placed Kneeland so high on my board, because I thought his film sucked too, which was surprising and disappointing because his PFF score was so good.

It's also the reason I left Adisa Isaac off.  His film was meh, but he spent SB week getting destroyed on every rep.  Couldn't match up with anybody, so that plus his Achilles injury puts him in UDFA territory for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Here are my defensive position rankings.  I keep moving people around, so I'm just going to post them and be done with it:

Edge:
1 - Jared Verse
2 - Dallas Turner
3 - Laiatu Latu
4 - Darius Robinson
5 - Chop Robinson
6 - Bralen Trice
7 - Austin Booker
8 - Jonah Elliss
9 - Chris Braswell
10 - Marshawn Kneeland
11 - Myles Cole
12 - Nelson Caesar
13 - Javon Solomon
14 - Jalen Green
15 - Mohamed Kamara
16 - Eric Watts
17 - Brennan Jackson
18 - Jalyx Hunt
19 - Xavier Thomas
20 - Braiden McGreggor

IDL:
1 - Byron Murphy
2 - Johnny Newton
3 - T'Vondre Sweat
4 - Kris Jenkins
5 - Braden Fiske
6 - Michael Hall
7 - Brandon Dorlus
8 - DeWayne Carter
9 - McKinley Jackson

10 - Marcus Harris
11 - Ruke Orhorhoro
12 - Jordan Jefferson
13 - Justin Eboigbe

LB:
1 - Payton Wilson
2 - Edgerrin Cooper
3 - Junior Colson
4 - Jeremiah Trotter Jr
5 - Cedric Gray
6 - Marist Liufu
7 - Nathaniel Watson
8 - Tommy Eichenberg
9 - Trevin Wallace
10 - Kalen Deloach

CB:
1 - Quinyon Mitchell
2 - Nate Wiggins
3 - Cooper Dejean
4 - Terrion Arnold
5 - Kool-Aid McKinstry
6 - Kamari Lassiter
7 - TJ Tampa
8 - Mike Sainristil
9 - Max Melton
10 - Renardo Green
11 - Jarrian Jones
12 - Ennis Rakestraw
13 - Khyree Jackson
14 - Elijah Jones
15 - Caelen Carson
16 - Cam Hart
17 - Kris Abrams-Draine
18 - Andrew Phillips
19 - Chau Smith-Wade
20 - Nehemiah Pritchett

S:
1 - Tyler Nubin
2 - Cole Bishop
3 - Dadrion Taylor-Demerson
4 - Tykee Smith
5 - Kam Kinchens
6 - Sione Vaki
7 - Javon Bullard
8 - Kitan Oladapo
9 - Jaylinn Simpson
10 - Jaden Hicks
11 - Calen Bullock

Glad to see you give some love to Nathaniel Watson in your power rankings. Kid's raw but is perfect size for MLB. He can cover and stuff the run and is a tackling machine. Fits the mold of what Whitt is looking for on his D.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Somethings fishy. Multiple reputable mockers have the Chargers taking JC Latham number 5!!??

Idk if it happens but they have a good LT, Latham as RT would be the most Harbaugh pick ever. Some people here have been saying Alt was overrated for months, though. And some people have been saying they aren’t a lock to take a WR at all 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I placed him high because he showed out at the SB.  It's a pure upside projection because his film is garbage, even as a sixth year senior. The edge class gets really speculative after that Elliss/Trice/Booker tier in the third round, and even Booker is a pretty speculative prospect.  The SB weighed pretty heavily for me this year. It's the reason I placed Kneeland so high on my board, because I thought his film sucked too, which was surprising and disappointing because his PFF score was so good.

It's also the reason I left Adisa Isaac off.  His film was meh, but he spent SB week getting destroyed on every rep.  Couldn't match up with anybody, so that plus his Achilles injury puts him in UDFA territory for me.

Isaac hit me solid but not spectacular but for a dude with his size I thought he set the edge well.

Yeah Kneeland is a project. Like Hunt.  Like Myles.  Baiting on traits, i just like big guys who can move like that.  Plus Quinn is known to really teach up DEs well so am more into traits this draft than I even normally am.

I like the undersized, but twitchy, disruptive types as rolls of dice here in this scheme because I expect this system to play some 3-4 and like to move a rusher for mismatches in a two point stance -- so for me that's Solomon, Kamara, Thomas in that maybe 4th round range.  That's partly why am higher on them than most.  Booker would be my fav type in that mold in the third round range.  Hunt is in that style too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I gotta get up at 0400 tomorrow,  but I'm thinking I need to stay up, getting a feeling we trade up at some point for an OT. Though I believe the way this draft ends up falling a good one will be available at the top of the 2nd.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

My bang the table list:

QB - Drake Maye

RB - Blake Corum, Audric Estime, Kendall Milton, Tyrone Tracy

WR - Jamari Thrash, Jacob Cowing

TE - Brock Bowers

OT - Taliese Fuaga, Kingsley Suamataia, Caedan Wallace, Ethan Driskell

IOL - Cooper Beebe, Sedrick Van Pran, Zak Zinter, Mason McCormick

Edge - Jared Verse, Bralen Trice, Laiatu Latu

IDL - T'Vondre Sweat, Brandon Dorlus

LB - none

CB - Jarrian Jones, Chau Smith-Wade

S - Sione Vaki, Tykee Smith

These are players that I am meaningfully higher on than the consensus.  The variance gets finer and more meaningful earlier in the draft.  For instance everyone likes Maye, Bowers, Verse, Fuaga, and Latu in the first round, but very few are putting them as high as they deserve IMO.  I've got Maye #2 in the class, Bowers #3, Verse #6, Fuaga #8, and Latu #10.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I gotta get up at 0400 tomorrow,  but I'm thinking I need to stay up, getting a feeling we trade up at some point for an OT. Though I believe the way this draft ends up falling a good one will be available at the top of the 3nd.

I think it’s more likely than not we move back into first round. Maybe 65-35 we do.

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

My bang the table list:

QB - Drake Maye

RB - Blake Corum, Audric Estime, Kendall Milton, Tyrone Tracy

WR - Jamari Thrash, Jacob Cowing

TE - Brock Bowers

OT - Taliese Fuaga, Kingsley Suamataia, Caedan Wallace, Ethan Driskell

IOL - Cooper Beebe, Sedrick Van Pran, Zak Zinter, Mason McCormick

Edge - Jared Verse, Bralen Trice, Laiatu Latu

IDL - T'Vondre Sweat, Brandon Dorlus

LB - none

CB - Jarrian Jones, Chau Smith-Wade

S - Sione Vaki, Tykee Smith

These are players that I am meaningfully higher on than the consensus.  The variance gets finer and more meaningful earlier in the draft.  For instance everyone likes Maye, Bowers, Verse, Fuaga, and Latu in the first round, but very few are putting them as high as they deserve IMO.  I've got Maye #2 in the class, Bowers #3, Verse #6, Fuaga #8, and Latu #10.

I was thinking about Sweat yesterday. Do you think he would agree to some sort of provisions for first couple years? Something along the lines of roommate situation or nightly check in. He was one of my favorite players in the draft before the incident. 

I do not want to move up, but a move up, combined with a move back that nets us some more picks in that 75-110 range, would be sweet. 

Also, I think BPA for us at 36/40 could very well be Nubins. I usually mostly watch safeties and LBers and I slacked on it this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I do not want to move up, but a move up, combined with a move back that nets us some more picks in that 75-110 range, would be sweet. 

Also, I think BPA for us at 36/40 could very well be Nubins. I usually mostly watch safeties and LBers and I slacked on it this year. 

I think if they move up to get a tackle one of picks 67 or 78 will involve a trade down. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Just curious, if Suamataia, McConkley and Morgan are there at pick 36, Who do YOU take?

So many options. Many of the players I would target are already listed. @Skinsinparadiseprobably has 10 of them listed. Vaki is also a good one. Few others random names from my perspective

WR Malachi Corley, Keon Coleman

DB Kam Kinchens, Khyree Jackson, Decamerion Richardson

OL Matt Goncalves

RB Jaylen Wright

LB Marist Liufau

DL Cedric Johnson 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Just curious, if Suamataia, McConkley and Morgan are there at pick 36, Who do YOU take?

Good question. I'm not high on Morgan at all and although I like Kingsley, I don't at 36, so most likely Ladd, but Nubin is still BPA.

• Like 2