Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Move over 2023 here comes 2024 lol

I will post just the top 10 here. The rest are here: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2024-player-rankings-big-board/uemwa1fk3em6o6ocbcsnfzuy

A WR taken before a QB next year? Has that even happened before or will it?

NFL Draft prospects 2024: Big board of top 50 players  

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.*, WR, Ohio State 

Does a can't-miss prospect exist? Harrison (6-3, 202) totaled 77 catches for 1,263 yards and 14 TDs as a sophomore. That came with seven 100-yard games. Harrison is an outstanding route runner who had just three drops last season. Harrison can work on the outside, but Ohio State offensive coordinator worked the junior out in the slot this spring. There are no apparent weaknesses, and Harrison will put on an all-around show at the 2024 NFL Combine. Harrison's father Marvin was the No. 19 pick in that 1996 NFL Draft where Keyshawn Johnson went first. Marvin Harrison Jr. will have a case to be No. 1 depending on which teams need quarterbacks. 

2. Caleb Williams*, QB, USC

Williams (6-1, 218) has drawn comparisons to Patrick Mahomes II because of his tremendous ability to extend plays and make throws that elicit the same familiar reaction: "How did he do that?" Williams totaled 4,537 yards, 42 TDs and five interceptions, and he will continue to produce prolific results in his second season with USC coach Lincoln Riley. The addition of Kliff Kingsbury to the staff will help, too. Williams' mechanics might get picked apart by draft scouts, but there is a greater chance he gets selected No. 1 because of the constant need for a franchise quarterback. 

3. Drake Maye*, QB, North Carolina

Maye (6-5, 220) checks off a lot of boxes, too. He had a breakout season for North Carolina with 4,321 passing yards, 38 TDs and seven interceptions, but he also had 698 yards and seven TDs. Maye has size, but his ability to scramble and extend plays within that 6-foot-5 frame is going to elicit comparisons to Josh Allen. Maye does not have that level of arm strength, but he's a more accurate quarterback at this stage in his career. The Williams-Maye debate is going to run all the way into April, and there isn't a wrong answer. 

4. Brock Bowers*, TE, Georgia 

Bowers (6-4, 230) is one of the most unique tight ends to hit the NFL Draft. He has a 76.8% percent catch percentage for the Bulldogs. He's totaled 1,824 yards and 20 TDs the last two seasons, and he is a complete mismatch in the seam for opposing defenders because of his route-running ability. Bowers also has 165 rushing yards and four TDs. Bowers logged 259 snaps in the slot last year, according to Pro Football Focus. He's worthy of a top-five pick. 

5. Joe Alt*, T, Notre Dame 

According to Pro Football Focus, Alt ranked No. 2 among tackles with a 91.4 blocking grade last season. Alt (6-7, 316) allowed just six quarterback hurries and no sacks in 887 offensive snaps. He had his lowest-rated games against Ohio State and USC, and those are the ones to watch in 2023. He should be the first Irish offensive lineman to be taken in the first round since the Quenton Nelson and Mike McGlinchey combo in 2018. 

6. Dallas Turner*, LB, Alabama 

Turner (6-4, 240) is the Crimson Tide's next elite pass rusher. He's totaled 12.5 sacks and 18 tackles for loss the last two seasons, and there are flashes of complete dominance off the edge. Turner needs to be more consistent, especially with Will Anderson moving on to the next level. Turner did have 21 quarterback hurries. He needs to land a few more sacks. He is a safe pick within the top 10, and he might learn a few new tricks with new Alabama defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. 

AD

7. Jared Verse*, EDGE, Florida State

Every draft has a high-riser off the edge position. Verse (6-4, 248) is a curious case of high-end production. He played two seasons at Albany in the FCS before transferring to Florida State, where he had nine sacks and 17 tackles for loss last season. If Verse duplicates that production, then there is a good chance he will be the first edge rusher off the board. 

8. Olumuyiwa Fashanu, T, Penn State

Fashanu (6-6, 321) would have been a first-round pick this year, but he opted to return to school for what should be a loaded Penn State team. He did not allow a sack last season, and he played two of his best games against Ohio State and Michigan. Fashanu is a team leader who should test well at the NFL Combine, and the extra year in college will not hurt his stock. 

9. Javon Bullard*, S, Georgia 

Bullard (5-11, 180) is the most-complete defensive back in the draft. He had 46 tackles and seven tackles for the Bulldogs last season, but he brings that rare combination where he can total 3.5 sacks and three interceptions. Bullard had two interceptions and a fumble in last year's College Football Playoff championship game, and he will be a team leader for another elite Georgia defense. That translates into high first-round material. 

10. Jeremiah Trotter Jr.*, LB, Clemson 

Trotter's father Jeremiah was a four-time Pro Bowl selection. Trotter Jr. (6-1, 210) is another classic middle linebacker who can wreck a game plan. He had 89 tackles and 13.5 tackles for loss. That ability to make plays behind the line of scrimmage – he also had 6.5 sacks and two sacks – makes him a true game changer. Look for Trotter Jr. to build on that breakout season and solidify his standing as a top-10 pick.

NFL Draft prospect ranking by position 

Quarterback 

1. Caleb Williams, USC (2)
2. Drake Maye, North Carolina (3)
3. Shedeur Sanders, Colorado (21)
4. Michael Penix Jr., Washington (25)
5. Quinn Ewers, Texas (24)
6. Bo Nix, Oregon (32) 

Running back

1. Rahiem Sanders, Arkansas (29)
2. TreVeyon Henderson, Ohio State (30)
3. Blake Corum, Michigan (35)
4. Braelon Allen, Wisconsin (46) 

Wide receiver 

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State (1)
2. Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State (19)
3. Xavier Worthy, Texas (23)
4. Troy Franklin, Oregon (41)
5. Johnny Wilson, Florida State (42)
6. Rome Odunze, Washington (50) 

Tight end 

1. Brock Bowers, Georgia (4)
2. Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas (18)

Offensive line 

1. Joe Alt, Notre Dame (5)
2. Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State (8)
3. Kingsley Suamataia, BYU (16)
4. Connor Beebe, Kansas State (22)
5. Connor Colby, Iowa (27)
6. Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia (40)
7. Bryce Foster, Texas A&M (42)
8. Zion Nelson, Miami (44)
9. J.C. Latham, Alabama (45) 

Edge rushers 

1. Dallas Turner, Alabama (6)
2. Jared Verse, Florida State (7)
3. J.T. Tuimoloau, Ohio State (13) 
4. Jack Sawyer, Ohio State (17)
5. Bralen Trice, Washington (28)
6. Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Washington (49) 

AD

Defensive tackles 

1. Michael Hall, Ohio State (11)
2. Maason Smith, LSU (26)
3. Tyleik Williams, Ohio State (34)
4. Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson (37)
5. Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois (38) 

Linebackers 

1. Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Clemson (10)
2. Deshawn Pace, Cincinnati (36)
3. Cedric Gray, North Carolina (47)
4. Lauatu Latu, UCLA (48) 

Cornerbacks

1. Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama (12)
2. Denzel Burke, Ohio State (15)
3. Kamari Lassiter, Georgia (39) 

Safety 

1. Javon Bullard, Georgia (9)
2. Andrew Mukuba, Clemson (14)
3. Calen Bullock, USC (20)
4. Cole Bishop, Utah (31)
5. James Williams, Miami (33)

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

@zCommander Right on schedule!

I'm normally psyched to get started on talking the next year. 

This year, I am going to need a few days. I felt some frustration in the teams drafting methods this year.

Next year with a Snyder free environment, new owner FO and whatevere else, things will be so changed! Can't wait. :cheers:

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 11:57 AM, Est.1974 said:

We’ll be taking a LT, assuming our QB situation is settled. 

book it....

https://irish.nbcsports.com/2022/06/14/notre-dame-99-to-0-no-54-blake-fisher-sophomore-starting-right-tackle-ginormous/

Notre Dame 99-to-0: No. 54 Blake Fisher, sophomore starting right tackle, ‘ginormous’

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma State v Notre Dame
Getty Images

Listed measurements: 6-foot-6, 335 pounds.
2022-23 year, eligibility: A sophomore, Fisher has four seasons of eligibility remaining. Not all that long ago, his appearance in the Fiesta Bowl would have cost Fisher a year of eligibility, but the uniform four-game eligibility exception removed that gray area from injury concerns to everyone’s benefit.
Depth Chart: Fisher will start for Notre Dame at right tackle, a year after beginning the season at left tackle before an injury — and then two more injuries to others — gave classmate Joe Alt a chance to star.
Recruiting: An All-American and rivals.com five-star, Fisher ranked as the No. 1 prospect in Indiana, the No. 6 offensive tackle in the class and No. 25 overall prospect in the country. Thus, expectedly, he held a scholarship offer from every pertinent program.

CAREER TO DATE
Fisher was the second freshman to ever start on Notre Dame’s offensive line in the season opener when he took the field at left tackle at Florida State last year, then a slight meniscus tear ended that role in less than a half. Initially, then-Irish head coach Brian Kelly suggested Fisher could return at some point midseason, but Kelly was notoriously optimistic when discussing injury timelines with the media.

Instead, Fisher improved enough to practice in the lead-up to the Fiesta Bowl, and when starting right tackle Josh Lugg needed surgery, Fisher was quickly deemed his replacement in the bowl game. He held up for 70 dropbacks, facing the best pass rush in the country. With freshmen book ends on the offensive line, Notre Dame gave up just two sacks on those 70 pass plays.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-fighting-irish-blake-fisher-is-focused-on-building-a-dominant-game-with-a-new-look-body-stires

Blake Fisher Is Focused On Building A Dominant Game With A New Look Body

Blake Fisher has worked hard to reshape his body, and a brand new game has come along with it

In this story:

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH

There’s a leaner and meaner version of Blake Fisher on the football field this spring. The Notre Dame right tackle has dropped around 40 pounds since his arrival on campus as an early enrollee two years ago. Now in his third spring, Fisher checks in at 310 pounds as he heads toward his third consecutive season as a starter on the Irish offensive line.

"It was about getting my body right, eating the right things and just moving better,” Fisher said of his transformation. "I feel I still had some baby fat on me and now, this offseason, I feel I got a lot of that off me. I'm getting bigger from here. It's getting bigger, stronger and faster.”

The leaner physique has been apparent watching Fisher this spring. His step looks quicker on the right side of the Irish offensive line when working against rushers off the edge.

"I feel a little bit more agile,” Fisher estimated. "Moving around more, I feel I'm more elusive and get off quicker and move around. I just feel better, I'm not gassed. I can just go and go at 100 miles per hour all the time. I feel that's what I need for my game to be dominant."

The transformation came easier for Fisher than maybe he would have thought. A steady dose of workouts from Director of Football Performance Matt Balis and smaller doses of fast food (a self-proclaimed vice) have done the trick.

"You gotta chill,” Fisher said of cutting back on late night burgers and other tempting but calorie dense vices. "Getting with our nutritionist and slowing it down and putting the right things in your body for the muscles to recover and for the muscles to gain to get bigger and stronger."

Fisher is playing with better bend in the hips and knees and with more flexibility thanks to the drop on the scale, but his strength has not suffered as a result.

"I actually feel stronger than I did last year,” Fisher said. "We still have the summer to go, so my biggest thing is being as dominant as I can. Run blocking is something we have a standard about here and that's blowing people off the ball. That's something I love doing. Continuing to get stronger and stronger to make that easier on myself and getting the backs through there because we want our backs to have a great year."

New offensive line coach Joe Rudolph is the third position coach in as many seasons for Fisher and the other upperclassmen on the line. They went from Jeff Quinn two years ago to one season of Harry Hiestand to Rudolph this spring. Rudolph has brought his own methodology to the table in his first spring with the Fighting Irish line and that’s just fine with Fisher.

"I think every offensive line coach has different techniques and different ways to approach their coaching,” Fisher stated. "I think Coach Hiestand and Coach Rudolph are two really good guys. I think they're the best at what they do. They know what they're talking about. A lot of similarities there. Their differences aren't too far apart.

"I feel like everything is for the best,” he continued. "It's helped us tremendously. I think the transition has been easy as well going from Coach Hiestand to Coach Rudolph."

If all goes according to plan, the new look Fisher will emerge as one of the nation's best tackles in the fall.

• Like 2

Hopefully we won't be drafting to just fill hopes. 

In looking forward a full year, I'd say we will looking to fill QB2, OLT1 and or OLG1, TE1, RB2, WR4, Edge2 (assuming Sweat or Chase stay another year in tag or resign), PK oh yeah and a LB....nah just joking. We don't need any stinkin' LBers. 

Wahoo! First 2024 mock right here! 

* I have no insight into these players, just did a BPA/projected needs picks assuming Howell is good to go.

Cardinals projected to have pick #1 and #2 right now based on odds. Lucky ****s. One of those would be an absolute HAUL for Caleb Williams. And maybe good news for us if we do in fact finish with the #8 pick and need to move up for a QB.

image.png.01aa36bb86fd0832a4b51dc6edbb2723.png

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

Preface: I care way too much about the draft, too.

Main Body: You guys are sick in the head.

Post Script: I’ll watch some film soon and have gotten a top 100 list from various websites put together already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thumb up 1

I can't recall an early mock draft season where the draft media didn't expect us to be picking in the top 10 the following year.

6. WASHINGTON COMMANDERS: OT OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE

Fashanu was a projected first-rounder in the 2023 NFL Draft but opted to return to get his master’s degree. Not only does he excel in the classroom, but he also excels in pass protection. His 84.7 pass-blocking grade was sixth among Power Five tackles, and he didn’t surrender a sack and only allowed one hit on 281 pass-blocking snaps.

• Like 4

Two things I really like about the list:

1. There are two prospects who are Juniors of really talented NFL fathers.  Seems right. doesn't it?

2. The list starts with a WR at #1.  No way that stays, but he sure has earned it.👍

As for me, I want to draft a LB before UDFA.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

book it....

https://irish.nbcsports.com/2022/06/14/notre-dame-99-to-0-no-54-blake-fisher-sophomore-starting-right-tackle-ginormous/

Notre Dame 99-to-0: No. 54 Blake Fisher, sophomore starting right tackle, ‘ginormous’

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma State v Notre Dame
Getty Images

Listed measurements: 6-foot-6, 335 pounds.
2022-23 year, eligibility: A sophomore, Fisher has four seasons of eligibility remaining. Not all that long ago, his appearance in the Fiesta Bowl would have cost Fisher a year of eligibility, but the uniform four-game eligibility exception removed that gray area from injury concerns to everyone’s benefit.
Depth Chart: Fisher will start for Notre Dame at right tackle, a year after beginning the season at left tackle before an injury — and then two more injuries to others — gave classmate Joe Alt a chance to star.
Recruiting: An All-American and rivals.com five-star, Fisher ranked as the No. 1 prospect in Indiana, the No. 6 offensive tackle in the class and No. 25 overall prospect in the country. Thus, expectedly, he held a scholarship offer from every pertinent program.

CAREER TO DATE
Fisher was the second freshman to ever start on Notre Dame’s offensive line in the season opener when he took the field at left tackle at Florida State last year, then a slight meniscus tear ended that role in less than a half. Initially, then-Irish head coach Brian Kelly suggested Fisher could return at some point midseason, but Kelly was notoriously optimistic when discussing injury timelines with the media.

Instead, Fisher improved enough to practice in the lead-up to the Fiesta Bowl, and when starting right tackle Josh Lugg needed surgery, Fisher was quickly deemed his replacement in the bowl game. He held up for 70 dropbacks, facing the best pass rush in the country. With freshmen book ends on the offensive line, Notre Dame gave up just two sacks on those 70 pass plays.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-fighting-irish-blake-fisher-is-focused-on-building-a-dominant-game-with-a-new-look-body-stires

Blake Fisher Is Focused On Building A Dominant Game With A New Look Body

Blake Fisher has worked hard to reshape his body, and a brand new game has come along with it

In this story:

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH

There’s a leaner and meaner version of Blake Fisher on the football field this spring. The Notre Dame right tackle has dropped around 40 pounds since his arrival on campus as an early enrollee two years ago. Now in his third spring, Fisher checks in at 310 pounds as he heads toward his third consecutive season as a starter on the Irish offensive line.

"It was about getting my body right, eating the right things and just moving better,” Fisher said of his transformation. "I feel I still had some baby fat on me and now, this offseason, I feel I got a lot of that off me. I'm getting bigger from here. It's getting bigger, stronger and faster.”

The leaner physique has been apparent watching Fisher this spring. His step looks quicker on the right side of the Irish offensive line when working against rushers off the edge.

"I feel a little bit more agile,” Fisher estimated. "Moving around more, I feel I'm more elusive and get off quicker and move around. I just feel better, I'm not gassed. I can just go and go at 100 miles per hour all the time. I feel that's what I need for my game to be dominant."

The transformation came easier for Fisher than maybe he would have thought. A steady dose of workouts from Director of Football Performance Matt Balis and smaller doses of fast food (a self-proclaimed vice) have done the trick.

"You gotta chill,” Fisher said of cutting back on late night burgers and other tempting but calorie dense vices. "Getting with our nutritionist and slowing it down and putting the right things in your body for the muscles to recover and for the muscles to gain to get bigger and stronger."

Fisher is playing with better bend in the hips and knees and with more flexibility thanks to the drop on the scale, but his strength has not suffered as a result.

"I actually feel stronger than I did last year,” Fisher said. "We still have the summer to go, so my biggest thing is being as dominant as I can. Run blocking is something we have a standard about here and that's blowing people off the ball. That's something I love doing. Continuing to get stronger and stronger to make that easier on myself and getting the backs through there because we want our backs to have a great year."

New offensive line coach Joe Rudolph is the third position coach in as many seasons for Fisher and the other upperclassmen on the line. They went from Jeff Quinn two years ago to one season of Harry Hiestand to Rudolph this spring. Rudolph has brought his own methodology to the table in his first spring with the Fighting Irish line and that’s just fine with Fisher.

"I think every offensive line coach has different techniques and different ways to approach their coaching,” Fisher stated. "I think Coach Hiestand and Coach Rudolph are two really good guys. I think they're the best at what they do. They know what they're talking about. A lot of similarities there. Their differences aren't too far apart.

"I feel like everything is for the best,” he continued. "It's helped us tremendously. I think the transition has been easy as well going from Coach Hiestand to Coach Rudolph."

If all goes according to plan, the new look Fisher will emerge as one of the nation's best tackles in the fall.

You love your Notre Dame players

• Like 1

Media: Notre Dame has two of the best tackles in the nation and the top 2 in next year’s draft

Notre Dame: Doesn’t sniff the playoff

Media: uh, maybe these others guys are better

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

He opted out of this draft.  Could have been our pick.

Yep I rememeber, though doubt he'd have been our pick, some thought he would have been the top O lineman in this last draft -- that was part of the surprise of him coming back to school 

At least on paper, feels like a stronger tackle draft next next year veruse this past draft.

Edited by Skinsinparadise