Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

Just now, NoCalMike said:

To be fair on the dropped INT, it def felt like it took some OPI (of course uncalled) to cause it. 

The wr definitely turned into a DB there but it sure looked like it still should have been easily intercepted. Forbes has gotten his hands on several balls for us and couldn't hold onto any of them, except one. Maybe it's nerves, not sure.

8 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

The wr definitely turned into a DB there but it sure looked like it still should have been easily intercepted. Forbes has gotten his hands on several balls for us and couldn't hold onto any of them, except one. Maybe it's nerves, not sure.

It’s s good sign he is getting his hands on a lot of balls. Points to the right instincts on that front. BSJ gets his hands on a fraction of the balls

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Thank goodness Reagor dropped that bomb right through his hands. He had about 5 yards on Forbes on the play.

But the kid made a few plays today.

I don't think that was Forbes' man though. Fuller was running with him across the field, Forbes just dropped from the other side.

I think there wasn't a single pass completed that was thrown at Forbes. I also think the dropped interception would have been called for DPI immediately if it was the other way round. Strong game from Forbes.

• Thumb up 1

I was surprised Forbes wasn't targeted more by the Patriot coordinators.  He looked better, but he was giving a big cushion (often 8+ yards) and didnt seem assigned much press man, likely to avoid the breakaway WR scenario we'd seen before.  Frankly Jones didn't seem very accurate to that side, and maybe that's why New England favored other regions.

I hope Del Rio figures out ways to have Forbes mainly cover the 2nd tier WRs.  I still don't get a good feeling that he's ready yet to be a shutdown corner against any of the top-tier WRs.

Then again, maybe a few more games against some bottom third QBs and non-star WRs, might boost his confidence for when he has to go against the bigger "star" receivers like Lamb, Metcalf, Brown, etc.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1

For what its worth Emmanuel Forbes now has a higher season PFF grade than Deonte Banks (49 for Forbes and 48 for Banks).  Both are bad scores, but people are acting like Forbes is an outrageous flop.  Forbes' grade is also higher than Derek Stingley Jr. rookie grade last year (though by less than 1 point--cornerback Houston Texasns 3rd overall pick 2022 draft).

Christian Gonzalez was crushing it in his 3.5 games before injury (80 PFF grade) and Joey Porter Jr. has been very solid (71 PFF grade).

I am not panicing on Forbes yet, I still think he'll be a solid corner with more seasoning.

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, philibusters said:

Forbes had a 91 PFF grade!   Targeted 7 times, he gave up 2 catches for 12 yards.   Hopefully its a big confidence boost for him.

Need to see him against starting receivers,  but definitely a 180. There was one good route on him seeing if he'd jump.

He is going to have to be like Deion if he's not going to be a great tackler and not a Revis style glue guy. Going to have be near the league high's on PDs and INTs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

He is going to have to be like Deion if he's not going to be a great tackler and not a Revis style glue guy. Going to have be near the league high's on PDs and INTs.

I'm hoping a Fred Smoot career is his floor. I'm not counting the kid out yet! 

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If Harris & company decide they want to change the name again, the Washington Sunk Costs should be in the conversation.

The Washington Deficits?

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Lockett seems a decent matchup for Manny, or maybe Jaxon at 6'0 200 is the best target.

You got me wonderin.....does JDR ever have our best CB follow a WR no matter where they line up? That's one way of protecting Forbes until he grows up in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

The Washington Deficits?

You got me wonderin.....does JDR ever have our best CB follow a WR no matter where they line up? That's one way of protecting Forbes until he grows up in the league.

I don't think JDR follows much. Maybe Forbes on AJB was the most I have heard of... maybe his entire tenure here.  I assume Forbes will be outside full time so he can use the sideline to his advantage. Unless someone has seen him in slot duty... I would like to see JDR try. BSJ on AJB or our next big physical WR - shadow him tight man all day. Like Lattimore on Evans get WRs frustrated.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1