Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

22 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

its something you had to be prepared for

Outside of the general sleaziness of the organization, this might be the most annoying part about Snyder's reign of assfire: the complete lack of any kind of foresight. Everything was reactionary instead of proactive. And their reaction made everything worse--Every. Single. Time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

On field Jim Zorn and the swinging gate.

Off field its pretty all much been a low point.

The second swinging gate was worse. First one had a penalty and they ran it again without the benefit of the element of surprise! 😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The worst moment of the Snyder era for most people will be the one we won't remember. It's when you stopped noticing as much.

This is the same as in any other major relationship. Love takes passion, but so does hate. I can work with couples when there's hate, but when there's "I'm just not feeling it anymore", that's it.  When they don't matter enough for you to remember that you forgot them.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The lowest point on the field honestly may be that Chiefs game where it was 38-10 and there were actually 500 people left at the stadium. Truly humiliating. The end of the Shanahan run was truly ugly.

Off the field, suing that woman after the 2008 housing collapse was pretty despicable. Going after the park service guy as well. Those moments when you realize Snyder doesn't actually give a F about the fan base and will ruin the little's guy's career etc. to be petty.

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Why do people keep wanting to remember the horrible times under Snyder? Journalists and fans alike. It’s time to move on and start embracing the future and how bright it looks if Harris wins the bid. I really hope he does!

Once everything is signed sealed and delivered we will leave the past in the past. We have a few weeks to go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The second swinging gate was worse. First one had a penalty and they ran it again without the benefit of the element of surprise! 😂 

Yep. I don’t often feel like throwing things at my TV - but I was very close on that occasion!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Daniel Kaplan talked about this on 106.7, too.  Basically saying covering sports business this transaction is really odd -- the non-exclusive accepted bid among other things, that sort of fits the Dan Snyder persona -- said it in a way which wasn't a compliment.

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/sports/washington-commanders/commanders-sell-will-take-much-longer-than-you-expect

The Athletic’s Daniel Kaplan detailed how the sale of the Commanders could take a lot longer than some think, and Chris Russell laid out the potential timeline on Tuesday, reminding everyone that, thanks to the “snake” Dan Snyder “still slithering,” this process will drag out much longer than Washington fans hoped.

“The bad news that is gonna piss all of you off…the longer this dragged itself out by Dan kicking and screaming and crying to the finish line, trying to sucker every dollar he can and wait as long as he can before he gets voted out,” Chris said. “So much so that because the bid was just forwarded with the paperwork on April 17, the process is exhaustive enough that as Daniel Kaplan of The Athletic pointed out today, the final approval of the Dan Snyder deal might not happen until summer or he said specifically training camp.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

The worst moment of the Snyder era for most people will be the one we won't remember. It's when you stopped noticing as much.

This is the same as in any other major relationship. Love takes passion, but so does hate. I can work with couples when there's hate, but when there's "I'm just not feeling it anymore", that's it.  When they don't matter enough for you to remember that you forgot them.

That’s a great way to put it.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Daniel Kaplan talked about this on 106.7, too.  Basically saying covering sports business this transaction is really odd -- the non-exclusive accepted bid among other things, that sort of fits the Dan Snyder persona -- said it in a way which wasn't a compliment.

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/sports/washington-commanders/commanders-sell-will-take-much-longer-than-you-expect

The Athletic’s Daniel Kaplan detailed how the sale of the Commanders could take a lot longer than some think, and Chris Russell laid out the potential timeline on Tuesday, reminding everyone that, thanks to the “snake” Dan Snyder “still slithering,” this process will drag out much longer than Washington fans hoped.

“The bad news that is gonna piss all of you off…the longer this dragged itself out by Dan kicking and screaming and crying to the finish line, trying to sucker every dollar he can and wait as long as he can before he gets voted out,” Chris said. “So much so that because the bid was just forwarded with the paperwork on April 17, the process is exhaustive enough that as Daniel Kaplan of The Athletic pointed out today, the final approval of the Dan Snyder deal might not happen until summer or he said specifically training camp.

Yeah, it could be July or even August before it’s all done.  Of course Dan could throw a monkey wrench at anytime.

11 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

what’s the source on that?

https://frontofficesports.com/josh-harris-6b-commanders-bid-sent-to-nfl/

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thanks 1

The proposal in front of the NFL by a group led by Josh Harris to buy the Washington Commanders calls for $5.8 billion to immediately be paid to Dan Snyder when the deal closes, and $250 million to be paid to Snyer over two years, according to a person with first hand knowledge of the deal.

The $6.05 billion purchase would get reduced to about $6 billion discounting the $250 million over two years.

Another NFL team that were bought over time include Jimmy Haslam’s purchase of the Cleveland Browns in 2012.

Under the proposal, which is non-binding at the moment, Harris would own 30% of the NFL team and be the managing partner, There would be 17 limited partners, the biggest of which would be Michael Rales, who would own 12%. NBA legend MagicMAGIC +0.7% Johnson would be in for 4%.

Assuming Harris group uses the league’s maximum allowable debt to buy the team, $1.1 billion, Harris would have to put in nearly $1.5 billion of equity.

Forbes valued the Commanders at $5.6 billion last August, sixth among the league’s 32 teams. Sportico was first to report that the Harris Group has its proposal in front of the league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, No Nonsense said:

Davis doesn't have the net worth to put up the 30%. Is it possible that the Saudi's give it to him, considering that they'd be the actual owners?

Don't get it twisted, I'm still team Harris. Lol

Just heard Brian Davis now himself is going on the Junkies tomorrow to do some PR on his bid.

I am assuming if he can do that, he and Dan don't have any confidentiality agreement unlike the other bids?  @Voice_of_Reason does this mean anything?

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Kommanders

If you're gonna do that equation, mitch Rales name does start with an "R" . But I'm not gonna be the fool to invoke the anger of Jumbo off the top rope with a atomic elbow before tagging in TK and a folding chair/ban-hammer thingy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The lowest point on the field honestly may be that Chiefs game where it was 38-10 and there were actually 500 people left at the stadium. Truly humiliating. The end of the Shanahan run was truly ugly.

I was one of the 500.  Still not certain my frozen toes have thawed yet to this day.... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just heard Brian Davis now himself is going on the Junkies tomorrow to do some PR on his bid.

I am assuming if he can do that, he and Dan don't have any confidentiality agreement unlike the other bids?  @Voice_of_Reason does this mean anything?

I'll be sure to not listen.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1