Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

This is worth a listen.  Eskin is an outlier.  I've listen to a series of Philly reporters who love Harris including this guy Kincade.  Ditto Joe Banner who used to be the GM of the Eagles who knows him -- was  very impressed with him, and naturally didn't think much of Dan from the jump.

Albiet Kincade like Eskin hated the "process" phase.  Feels amoral to tank to him.  But outside of that he thinks he's a killer owner.  He hates the Commanders and is jealous-upset that Harris would run them.

In short:

A.  Smart as heck.  Outside of the box thinker who likes hiring outside the box thinkers

B.  His businesses are very successful so he has plenty of cash and is willing to spend it

C. Will get the best facilitiy -- treat the players in a first class way -- the best of everything

D.  He's just a winner in every he does

E.  Not a gregarious guy -- doesn't like the limelight.  But he's a good person -- not a sleazeball like Dan.

F.  Expect good times -- he praised how the team he covers the Eagles are always ahead of the curve -- expect the same if Harris gets this with the Commanders

G. Whatever his coaches want, he gives them -- they wanted to do training in Charleston -- no problem, he signs off on it, he wants players to see his team as a destination spot

H. He thinks he ends up getting the downtown land for the 76ers stadium and expects him to get whatever he targets for the Commanders

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So this is holding it up, wow

Bank of America—the firm tapped by Commanders owner Dan Snyder to handle— is reviewing Davis’ paperwork, and one source said that had delayed Harris’ bid from becoming official. 

https://frontofficesports.com/where-is-brian-davis-7b-commanders-bid-coming-from/

yup. Just as I suspected. The bank has an obligation to do its due diligence on any bid, no matter how ridiculous. Even from a criminal scammer like Davis. This asshole, and whoever’s backing him, is all that’s left between us, and finally getting rid of Snyder. Davis getting the team would be a dealbreaker for me, I refuse to support another scumbag owner.

• Like 9

Just now, woodpecker said:

Davis getting the team would be a dealbreaker for me, I refuse to support another scumbag owner.

Yeah.  I couldn't imagine a worse owner than Snyder.  A con man fronting for sovereign wealth fund (my bet is Saudi) would be at least a tie (the fact that it's not a clear winner is due to my burning hatred for Snyder).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Yeah.  I couldn't imagine a worse owner than Snyder.  A con man fronting for sovereign wealth fund (my bet is Saudi) would be at least a tie (the fact that it's not a clear winner is due to my burning hatred for Snyder).

Clearly Saudi money. They are really pushing diversifying their wealth into sports, travel and entertainment right now. They have to do something after the oil runs out.

• Like 2

If there was no salary cap then it'd be tempting to have that Saudi oil money and be like the Manchester City of the NFL but our football just doesn't work that way. Its more important to have competent people and organizational structure and culture than just heaps of money. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

If there was no salary cap then it'd be tempting to have that Saudi oil money and be like the Manchester City of the NFL but our football just doesn't work that way. Its more important to have competent people and organizational structure and culture than just heaps of money. 

Oh there's any number of ways to circumvent the cap. All of the player's families getting cushy mega paying jobs.  A major megabucks endorsement deal from a company that just came into existence with untraced financial backers or relatives of the royal family.  All the shenanigans that happened with Man City, PSG, and is about to happen with Newcastle would just be ramped up in magnitudes because it would be the best publicity Saudis can buy to run a dominant NFL dynasty.  NFL is wise not to touch the third rail of the sovereign wealth funds.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So this is holding it up, wow

Bank of America—the firm tapped by Commanders owner Dan Snyder to handle— is reviewing Davis’ paperwork, and one source said that had delayed Harris’ bid from becoming official. 

https://frontofficesports.com/where-is-brian-davis-7b-commanders-bid-coming-from/

Mother****er. I had never heard of the guy now I hate him.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Mother****er. I had never heard of the guy now I hate him.

Everything about that bid seems sleazy and I think the league will come to regret it if it's true, the bid is accepted by Snyder and it passes the finance commitee. I can't believe it will but nothing surprises me these days.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is worth a listen.  Eskin is an outlier.  I've listen to a series of Philly reporters who love Harris including this guy Kincade.  Ditto Joe Banner who used to be the GM of the Eagles who knows him -- was  very impressed with him, and naturally didn't think much of Dan from the jump.

Albiet Kincade like Eskin hated the "process" phase.  Feels amoral to tank to him.  But outside of that he thinks he's a killer owner.  He hates the Commanders and is jealous-upset that Harris would run them.

In short:

A.  Smart as heck.  Outside of the box thinker who likes hiring outside the box thinkers

B.  His businesses are very successful so he has plenty of cash and is willing to spend it

C. Will get the best facilitiy -- treat the players in a first class way -- the best of everything

E.  Not a gregarious guy -- doesn't like the limelight.  But he's a good person -- not a sleazeball like Dan.

F.  Expect good times -- he praised how the team he covers the Eagles are always ahead of the curve -- expect the same if Harris gets this with the Commanders

G. Whatever his coaches want, he gives them -- they wanted to do training in Charleston -- no problem, he signs off on it, he wants players to see his team as a destination spot

H. He thinks he ends up getting the downtown land for the 76ers stadium and expects him to get whatever he targets for the Commanders

Another great breakdown and analysis of an informative interview, SIP.

In short:

Bye bye Ron, Mayhew and the rest of the front office leadership. Only question is will it be this year or next?

I bet Harris already has a short list of who he wants for his top front office leader. I say why wait til next year if you can hire him now.

Once he has "his guy" in place will he go for a free agent frenzy next year, build slowly from the ground up by perhaps trading some players to acquire picks in future drafts, or a combination of the two.

Should make the next few "restructuring years" very interesting.

Yes! Just spend it wisely.

What a positive change that will be!

That will help with both retention of current players and free agent acquisition of new players, but it takes time (measured in years not months) to see results. 

All of us need to be patient.  We're not putting a coat of paint over a broken down house. We're building a new structure from the ground up that will last for years.

No more quick fixes.

Boy do we need that quality in our organization.

No problem. Character always trumps personality in the long run.

Just hire the right people, let them do their jobs, work steadfastly in the background, and let others step to the podium regularly.

Magic will likely be the face of ownership anyway and he has personality and gravitas galore.

I'm getting aroused. lol

No more, on the cheap, Ashburn training camps or facilities that were state of the art in the 70's.

If he manages to build a stadium at the RFK site or somewhere in downtown DC I will be in heaven.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If he manages to build a stadium at the RFK site or somewhere in downtown DC I will be in heaven.

Slow down there, old timer! Stick around awhile after the stadium’s built, let’s experience a Super Bowl together, no need to rush out the door! 😉

• Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1